Upgrade Win7 to Win8

I have been mulling around upgrading my laptop to Windows 8. I do need to start learning it for my job so may as well use it at home.

I normally do clean installs of Windows but curious if anyone did an upgrade from Win7 to Win8 and how well that went. My home laptop has Win7 Home edition while the upgrade CD I got is Win8 Pro. I just do not want a lot of problems of performance issues.

Thanks

The upgrade process this time around is far better than it was before. It's just easy this time. The upgrade advisor allows you to pay for the upgrade, check for compatibly, download the upgrade and then install it. Simple as.

The upgrade process this time around is far better than it was before. It's just easy this time. The upgrade advisor allows you to pay for the upgrade, check for compatibly, download the upgrade and then install it. Simple as.

I already went through the upgrade adviser and DLed the ISO months ago.

Did you upgrade this way? Any issues?

I already went through the upgrade adviser and DLed the ISO months ago.

Did you upgrade this way? Any issues?

I downloaded the Win 8 pro install files and saved them on my PC, the whole upgrade process literally took me around 5mins, and i didn't have any problems at all.

• 8 months later...

Has anyone else actually performed an upgrade from Win7 to Win8 and can share their experiences?  Any errors/performance issues?

I have a lot of crap on my laptop and really dont want to go through reinstalling everything if I can help it.

thanks

Has anyone else actually performed an upgrade from Win7 to Win8 and can share their experiences?  Any errors/performance issues?

I have a lot of crap on my laptop and really dont want to go through reinstalling everything if I can help it.

thanks

I did quite a few times. As with any upgrade it's best to remove your antivirus software (including Security Essentials) before starting the setup program. If you have any hardware that requires OEM drivers you should download those first especially if they're network ones. :)

I did quite a few times. As with any upgrade it's best to remove your antivirus software (including Security Essentials) before starting the setup program. If you have any hardware that requires OEM drivers you should download those first especially if they're network ones. :)

I have a Samsung laptop.  They have a utility that will DL all the Win8 drivers for your system and store them in a folder.  So I am all set with that.

After the upgrade, any performance issues or problems that a clean install wouldnt have?

Thanks!