Do you still wear a watch?

Do you still wear a watch?  

282 members have voted

1. 1. Do you still wear a watch?

• Yes. Daily. I'd feel naked without it!
    • No. I'm always looking at my phone/tablet anyway.
    • I do have a watch, but won't replace it when it breaks/lost/battery dies.
    • Other (Pocket watch, portable sun dial, psychic ability which allows you to tell time)

Need a new poll option.

Just click other and let us know. This polling data isn't going to be used by Seiko or Omega.

I got a Seiko kinetic watch when I was 18.

I love it, never had to replace the 'battery' and it's always kept good time, it very nice watch if not a little expensive.

Except... I got the habit.

You know the one, where you keep looking at your watch even though you don't need to know what time it is?

I didn't realise I was doing it. It was only when a friend mentioned it that I started to notice I was doing it too.

From there on I tried to not look at the time as much.

Later on, I realised I didn't really need to know the time as much as I thought I did.

Some 10 years later and I'm no longer wearing a watch. I do carry a phone, but it's not for checking the time.

I've found it much easier to manage time when I'm not being strangled by it.

For example, if I'm to meet with a client. I'll set out of the house knowing I have enough time to get there. From then on, my time is the clients.

If I'm running late due to traffic or what ever, then that's just how it is. Can't change it so no use me worrying about the time.

Give up your watch and stop checking the time,.. all the time :)

Yes have one , Its Armani and its been sitting in my best friends kitchen drawer for the last year or so. I have no intention of wearing it again and to be honest I couldn't care less about it. I used to be into watches and have had some really nice ones over the years.Rado being a past favourite of mine and if you like watches IMO you wont get better. , but now they seem cumbersome on the wrist and feel out of place when worn.

If I had the original box/paper work for it , I'd sell it without issue (at a considerable loss) .....Oh well.

I do not wear a watch i have my phone. it can do anything. And being left handed when i did wear a watch i put it on my left wrist. it felt odd on my right.

It's up to you really. The idea is that it won't get in the way when you write. I'm right-handed so much of what I carry is in my right-hand anyway, leaving me able to check the time on my left hand without having to shuffle things around.

I wear mine anytime I go out of the house, excluding the gym. It's best used at work though, for easily managing time without having to pull out your phone where it's not acceptable. Otherwise, I'd probably never stop working or take my break.

Have always worn a watch (has sentimental value), but when someone asks me for the time, I always go for the cell phone.

I've only just started wearing a watch, mainly because of my phone.. sick and tired of getting it out of my pocket every time i wanted to check the time, i developed a habit of doing it for no reason and getting a watch has really helped.

I haven't worn a watch in years, but that's changing, as I've bought a Pebble watch, so as soon as that arrives (which won't be for another month), I'm back in the club.

I've worn a Timex Ironman of some sort or another for the better part of 10-12 years now. Still wear one every day.

Had a professor who once said something to the effect that the kind of man that does not wear a watch every day is the sort that doesn't pay attention or doesn't care about details. In my experience, folks who don't wear one typically aren't as dependable. Don't take that as a generalization, just saying that in my dealings, there seemed to be a correlation.

Regularly digging for a phone to tell the time just seems silly to me.

Shuuuuure ya do.....But you couldn't post your own watches , just glossy adds .....Cant kid a kidder lol.

Just dug mine out, a quick wipe down, and with a flick of the wrist it still works too.

GubLBAS.jpg

I only wear a watch while I'm at work as I can't have my phone in the pit. Otherwise, I usually just use my phone. If I were going somewhere a little fancier, I might wear my watch with my suit or whatever other more formal apparel I might wear.