Google nexus 4 or Samsung Gallaxy S3?

Putting all of the above on the back burner, with custom ROM's and the popularity of the Galaxy line, the fact that the Nexus' receive updates directly from Google is only a horribly minor benefit. Heck, I could download a custom ROM built from 4.2.2 for my S3 before it was even pushed to the Nexus devices! Most custom ROM's are also highly optimized for their specific devices.

I could get the 4.2.2 on my Nexus 4 ( fastboot ) before u could get a custom ROM based on 4.2.2 on your S3, so your point is mute.

I absolutely love my N4 as I did my GN before that. I did consider the SGS4 for a brief moment, but only for a brief moment.

Bear in mind the N4 is covered in glass, so it's a bit fragile compared to the S3.

I have never used the SGS3 so cannot comment on that (went from a SGS2 to a GN) but vanilla android is my preferred android version.

I prefer the Galaxy Nexus to be honest.

32gb of storage, LTE support, and removable (upgraded) battery.

It's also up to 4.2.2, however with Sprint / Verizon they were dragging there feet on pushing the update.

However, the nexus 4 has faster cpu / gpu, and is much more affordable.

I could get the 4.2.2 on my Nexus 4 ( fastboot ) before u could get a custom ROM based on 4.2.2 on your S3, so your point is mute.

I absolutely love my N4 as I did my GN before that. I did consider the SGS4 for a brief moment, but only for a brief moment.

Bear in mind the N4 is covered in glass, so it's a bit fragile compared to the S3.

I have never used the SGS3 so cannot comment on that (went from a SGS2 to a GN) but vanilla android is my preferred android version.

My point is not moot. The Nexus "benefit" is minor at this point in time with regards to updates. The source is released before it is pushed to the Nexus devices. Developers are all over those sources long before it's officially pushed. The N4 shipped with 4.2. So you're not really in a position to be talking about who gets what updates first. ;)

As for 4.2.2 specifically, the custom ROM I use was updated to 4.2.2 Feb 15th. That's two days after it was officially pushed OTA to N4 devices. In this particular case, yes the N4 got 4.2.2 first...however I'd hardly call two days, a long wait. :rolleyes: I repeat, it's merely a minor benefit.

I would pick the One or One X over the GS3 still ;)

Nexus 4 is a nice device but just with a whatever camera , haha, but congrats on your purchase! :)