iMac 27" on order...

Got it!!! Wow, nice machine... Got all my software back on it, data copied and currently importing my music in iTune and my pictures in iPhoto.

Quite fast, and with 24Gb of ram, it's enough! :D Love the Fusion drive, feels almost like pure SSD.

Got it!!! Wow, nice machine... Got all my software back on it, data copied and currently importing my music in iTune and my pictures in iPhoto.

Quite fast, and with 24Gb of ram, it's enough! :D Love the Fusion drive, feels almost like pure SSD.

dammit, bring it over... [making fists]

:-P

Congrats... Nice machine.. my brother has one but he's about 30 mins away from my place. I am with Windows systems for now. Hopefully, I get either iMac or Mac Mini. I will see when time gets closer.

You can't upgrade the memory of the 21.5" iMac (well, not without destroying everything!!!), but there is a back door on the 27" iMac, so it's easy.

It's performing quite well, can do everything at the same time without any slowdown. Did not see the spinning beach ball yet!!!

You can't upgrade the memory of the 21.5" iMac (well, not without destroying everything!!!), but there is a back door on the 27" iMac, so it's easy.

It's performing quite well, can do everything at the same time without any slowdown. Did not see the spinning beach ball yet!!!

Yeah, on the 21 you need to take the LCD off, and slot it into the back of the MLB. It's doable, but a PITA.

Was the memory upgrade easy to perform? I thought these new iMacs were pretty difficult to pull apart?

With the 27-inch model when you can remove the power cord, press a hidden button and a small backdoor will pop open giving you access to the four memory slots. There's a picture of the backdoor in my review:

http://www.neowin.ne...inch-late-2012/