does this hardware exist?

what i would like to be able to do is hook my 2.5" hardrive via a caddy or otherwise, to the router (hardwired etherent) basically just want network storage without buying a separate nas? is there a piece if intermediate hardware that can bridge that gap, cheaply?

THanks

You could just buy a pogoplug - I picked one up a while ago for like $20 US.. Can connect multiple USB devices to it bit it flash or hdd, not very big. Simple to use, comes with cloud storage as well. Or if you want can get jiggy with it and install ARCH linux, etc. and do all kinds of fun stuff with it. Part of the reason I grabbed it.

Here is one for your region under 30 -- but its pink ;)

That device requires drivers to be installed. Not something that can be done to an external hard drive.

You could just buy a pogoplug - I picked one up a while ago for like $20 US.. Can connect multiple USB devices to it bit it flash or hdd, not very big. Simple to use, comes with cloud storage as well. Or if you want can get jiggy with it and install ARCH linux, etc. and do all kinds of fun stuff with it. Part of the reason I grabbed it.

Here is one for your region under 30 -- but its pink ;)

excellent suggestion. exactly what im after... u got the link dude?