SimCity (2013)

Was actually interested in buying this but the always on is a definite deal breaker for me.

If I'm travelling on a plane or staying somewhere that I don't have an internet connection, then I can't play this game. That's laughable.

Microsoft and Sony take note. Don't do this sort of thing with your next gen consoles.

Hmm... all servers are Busy or Full.

Gameplay is lagging (maybe due to...).

What's the problem with extra server capacity besides costs?

I mean..... people have waited for like 10 years for this game - and with the pre-orders - this shouldn't have come as a surprise to EA/Maxis/Origin?

I mean..... people have waited for like 10 years for this game - and with the pre-orders - this shouldn't have come as a surprise to EA/Maxis/Origin?

They're adding more servers in the next two days. It takes time to set up new servers once you've got them, and test them before they go live.

They're adding more servers in the next two days. It takes time to set up new servers once you've got them, and test them before they go live.

I'm curious.... weekend is coming up and I guess more players will try and play this game. Incl. myself...

Hmm... all servers are Busy or Full.

Gameplay is lagging (maybe due to...).

You can get onto busy servers, just keep trying, and when you get in, keep trying to make yoru game, eventually you get through :)

You can get onto busy servers, just keep trying, and when you get in, keep trying to make yoru game, eventually you get through :)

And then you never actually stop playing, which is probably why the servers are hosed hahaha

WOW amazon just pulled the dvd version now also. only a copy from a third party is being sold.

That's profound, considering Amazon is the place you can go to buy uranium ore, dildos, and canned unicorn meat.

So, how long will EA support this game because if they choose to stop supporting it, will they come out with an offline patch, or will your $60 go down the drain?

So, how long will EA support this game because if they choose to stop supporting it, will they come out with an offline patch, or will your $60 go down the drain?

The latter.

And then you never actually stop playing, which is probably why the servers are hosed hahaha

s

upposedly once you have a city on a server you have a reserved spot...

Amazon has pulled it from thier store.

It's THAT BAD.

Have you or anyone else? played simcity versus cities xl 2012? If so, can I have your feedback? Does it have curved roads like the new simcity? Traffic is my favorite part of sim city 4.

Cities XL beta was more stable then this. I was beta tester and I would rather have a few missing game elements and still being able to play it rather then not being able to play it at all.

Okay - if you have an UNUSED key for SimCity, PM me. (Yes - I'm serious.) Unlike a lot of you, I still want to play the game, and I don't mind the always-on issues. (The other reason I want to take this to PM so as NOT to clog the servers with back-and-forth.)

Amazon has pulled it from thier store.

It's THAT BAD.

It's not been pulled, just out of stock... Why would Amazon loose profit just because of bad reviews on a game?

Polygon updated their review for a second time. Originally they gave the game a 9.5. Then they brought it down to an 8 due to initial launch day woes. Now they dropped it down to a 4! http://www.polygon.com/game/simcity-2013/2630

It's not been pulled, just out of stock... Why would Amazon loose profit just because of bad reviews on a game?

I would bet because almost everyone who bought it is asking for refunds...which Amazon pays for (shipping). So they're probably losing money.

Just tried playing this game after spending $60 on it, and can't due to "network issues".

If I could have a conversation with EA I think it would go something like this:

Me: Hey, so I paid $60 for a game I can't play due to network issues. Shouldn't you have foreseen this?

EA: Thanks for your money!

Okay - if you have an UNUSED key for SimCity, PM me. (Yes - I'm serious.) Unlike a lot of you, I still want to play the game, and I don't mind the always-on issues. (The other reason I want to take this to PM so as NOT to clog the servers with back-and-forth.)

You're not unlike a lot of us. A lot of us also want to play the game, only we can't because EA won't get their act together with their terrible servers.

I hate to be right and say I told you so, but in this case I don't mind - the beta testers ripped into EA for the same issues they are having now (the forums were flooded, both times with similar issues).

You're telling me that they couldn't judge server loads off the beta test and pre-orders?

I've bought every single Sim City and played for countless hours but this one I WILL be passing on - thanks EA, for ruining yet another freaking game.

Polygon updated their review for a second time. Originally they gave the game a 9.5. Then they brought it down to an 8 due to initial launch day woes. Now they dropped it down to a 4! http://www.polygon.c...mcity-2013/2630

I would bet because almost everyone who bought it is asking for refunds...which Amazon pays for (shipping). So they're probably losing money.

They pulled the digital download though. http://www.hardcoregamer.com/2013/03/07/amazon-shuts-down-simcity-digital-download-ordering/

There is a kickstarter page for a game called Civitas by G.A.M. that looks promising. It's touting offline and online modes, curved roads, subways, and pretty much everything that SC5 should have had.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1584821767/civitas-plan-develop-and-manage-the-city-of-your-d

There is a kickstarter page for a game called Civitas by G.A.M. that looks promising. It's touting offline and online modes, curved roads, subways, and pretty much everything that SC5 should have had.

http://www.kickstart...-city-of-your-d

Whee, another promise of a game that eats your money and will probably end up sucking horribly. Kickstarter is great for those!