SimCity (2013)

played for a few hours today, had a earthquake take out my nuclear power plant... half my city is radioactive :/

anyone know how long the radiation sticks around for because after about another hour of gameplay its still hanging around.

i don't want to hijack this thread but I have been wanting to buy this and people are having major issues - i feel those will get "fixed" eventually so I will wait until they are...I am not impressed with this "always online" component though it will not deter me if I can connect to my city...that being said, I really have no interest in playing with other people. I don't play MMO's and they do not appeal to me. I just want to start a region, build a city, play with it and if I want to abandon it for x amount of time so be it. My question is can I start my own region and build/control all the cities in said region without anyone else playing with me against my will?

My question is can I start my own region and build/control all the cities in said region without anyone else playing with me against my will?

yes you can choose to play just by yourself, the only thing affected by other people is resource supply and demand on the world trade market (i forget what they call it) but thats not really a drama.

yes you can choose to play just by yourself, the only thing affected by other people is resource supply and demand on the world trade market (i forget what they call it) but thats not really a drama.

without access to a bloody manual - will my city "die" if I run out of resources as I am not trading with online players? i guess what I am asking is can i trade with myself and not have to rely on other players? or perhaps I should actually play with others...ugh...

without access to a bloody manual - will my city "die" if I run out of resources as I am not trading with online players? i guess what I am asking is can i trade with myself and not have to rely on other players? or perhaps I should actually play with others...ugh...

your city shouldn't die, you dont really need to trade at all and if you do you can trade locally.

played for a few hours today, had a earthquake take out my nuclear power plant... half my city is radioactive :/

anyone know how long the radiation sticks around for because after about another hour of gameplay its still hanging around.

How did you unlock the Earthquake? I can't unlock any of those. Is there a guide about how to unlock them?

your city shouldn't die, you dont really need to trade at all and if you do you can trade locally.

hmm ok thanks dafin0 :)

How did you unlock the Earthquake? I can't unlock any of those. Is there a guide about how to unlock them?

the earthquake that took out my city was just a random one but if you want to unlock it so you can trigger it anytime i think its unlocked by mining but dont quote me on that.

hmm ok thanks dafin0 :)

no worries

Trying to get in to this game reminds me of waiting for someone to log off a BBS so I could get my 30 minutes of door game time.

a/

BUSY

a/

BUSY

a/

CONNECT 2400

It won't die. If you mined out the resources (which will take a while), you can still buy them from the global market to produce what ever you need those resources for. So if you're running a power plant that uses oil/coal, you'll have to buy oil/coal on the market if not to switch to nuclear/wind/solar power. Or you can also start a diffrent city, just mining those resources and transferring them to your main city. So yeah, can play alone if you want to.

Earthquake is unlocked by mining a certain amount of coal/ore.

It's title is a quote from Lord of the Rings, but I forgot what it was D:

Also, not playing until I can have cheetah mode back >.>

Go into the parks section, then into Nature, use the right arrow to go the end and choose the Tree icon with an up arrow next to it and start plotting down trees over the radioactive parts, it costs for each click but spam spam spam and cover it all, eventually the trees will absorb some of it and die so you'll need to keep planting but you'll get there in the end xD This also works, though it works far better, with ground pollution. Other than that, the only thing you can do is wait and see if the simple passage of time erases it. :/

The size of the city is very frustrating, I hate to remove population to place government buildings, and they're a lot! If you use most of them you'll end taking up to 30-40% of the city just in government buildings :pinch:

The size of the city is very frustrating, I hate to remove population to place government buildings, and they're a lot! If you use most of them you'll end taking up to 30-40% of the city just in government buildings :pinch:

The density of buildings will solve it eventually though, you just need big apartment buildings and skyscrapers to replace them. :D

Get ready for the 'We never expected this game to be so popular, that is why users cant play, here is a free DLC, apologies' on the front page of Neowin, and everywhere else.

:laugh:

I was right ;) mostly :)

The biggest problem I've noticed is land features (hills, inlets, whatever) blocking proper building. If you run into problems here, remember that each city is big enough to do some things better than others. Say your city is at the end of its evolutionary path, remember your city can use resources from the one next to it. You might not have space for a university in both cities, but you don't need one...the ones in the city next to it will cross over, and the big researches are region wide. They'll also use housing and jobs in the cities next to them.

Only doing one city and expecting it to be able to do everything isn't how the game was built.

For EU servers, I've managed to get in today right away.

One thing that does bug me though - how are we supposed to find regions that have spare capacity? When I search to join a game, it just brings up loads and loads of games but no room to join!

Started my own for now but no one has joined (and it's been open for a day) but it's been fun... aside from now the fact half my city is on fire from a meteorite shower and I only have one fire engine and not enough money for another... :p

Is SimCity running at 100 percent yet? after seeing/reading reviews

Why did you link to the wikipedia pages for those outlets? That was weird...

One thing that does bug me though - how are we supposed to find regions that have spare capacity? When I search to join a game, it just brings up loads and loads of games but no room to join!

Started my own for now but no one has joined (and it's been open for a day) but it's been fun... aside from now the fact half my city is on fire from a meteorite shower and I only have one fire engine and not enough money for another... :p

Same issue here :D all regions are full. Many cities unbuild too, although I didn't bother checking most due to load times.

I'd love to share a region, add me as friend and sent an invite works maybe?

Nickname > ShadowMajestic

EDIT: found an empty city :p "City is processing, come back later to claim or visit"... :D

Why did you link to the wikipedia pages for those outlets? That was weird...

I copied the review ranking from wiki which has them linked already. From wiki I searched for reviews by name.

I trust Wikipedia more then I should. http://en.wikipedia....013_video_game)

That's a major concern for anyone, but another problem I have is how far can I go with the game. With the last two sim city's I end up making a "perfect city" within a week of playing. Sure I ran into problems but I left my computer playing the game and the Sims where fine on their own. I quickly got board after that and purposely killed my city.

There I removed the links, Didn't have to remove my post....

GameSpot 5.0/10 GameTrailers 8.0/10 PC Gamer US 69/100 Destructoid 4/10 Polygon 4.0/10

I copied the review ranking from wiki which has them linked already. From wiki I searched for reviews by name.

I trust Wikipedia more then I should. http://en.wikipedia....013_video_game)

That's a major concern for anyone, but another problem I have is how far can I go with the game. With the last two sim city's I end up making a "perfect city" within a week of playing. Sure I ran into problems but I left my computer playing the game and the Sims where fine on their own. I quickly got board after that and purposely killed my city.

There I removed the links, Didn't have to remove my post....

GameSpot 5.0/10 GameTrailers 8.0/10 PC Gamer US 69/100 Destructoid 4/10 Polygon 4.0/10

I just found my first empty lot, and my 3 neighbours are all active.

In multiplayer gonna be harder to keep the city and the region self sufficient on its own :) at least I reckon, just started online :p

Playing it isn't an issue, finding a region to play in is :(