New Xbox Won

I just want to know based upon what we know thus far about the NEW xbox on the horizon, the kinect and the future of kinect as a whole.Some "might" come off here and say,"duh, duh, you and your tinfoil hat." But what I'm getting at the heart of...is intrusion into peoples lives. Of course purchasing kinect now or in the future states
vgleak.jpg

Note that the description says an "Always on" connection.
?Every Durango console will be sold with a new high-fidelity Kinect Sensor, which will be required for the system to operate,? the screen grab says.

another quote says;
The website Beta Beat reported last year that ?Back in 2011, Microsoft applied for a patent that would allow cameras and sensors, much like the ones embedded in the Kinect, to track how many people are in a room. Developed by Microsoft?s ?incubation team,? which is where they test new approaches to hardware, the patent was recently made public. They?re calling the invention a ?consumer detector? and it?s just as frightening as it sounds.?

?Once it has identified how many people are there?and even who is there?the device will charge for content accordingly. If you pay for one content license but then more viewers join the room, it could halt playback and request that you pay for a different license. That means if you plan to have a movie marathon sleepover, Microsoft would like to charge you extra copyright money for the pleasure of snuggling and watching horror movies.?
So this in itself could be thought of as innocuous in itself but this will track who is in the room and can store(somewhere) the people in a room for what? this is the core of what I am saying. what YOU think is innocuous, could later come back to bite you in the butt later. think about this article.

also a firm that has NO website is known to be involved in spying on users for nefarious reason
It was also revealed, in March 2012, that a company called Obscure Technologies was working alongside the U.S. Navy to develop ?computer forensic tools capable of hacking such consoles.?
?Such tools are expected to be made for the Department of Homeland Security Science and Technology Directorate ? and there?s no particular mention of what Homeland Security might want with them,? reported Live Science last year.
an innocuous use was during this last election tracking people who used the technology during the debate
We also saw Xbox cozy up to the U.S. government this past election cycle when Xbox allowed users to stream a presidential debate through their consoles, and then later polled users with questions regarding the debate.

What I'm trying to get at is, some may think that this is a little fun tech and can't harm me or you. But consider this, What if local, state or federal agencies misuse this technology against you. hypothetical case in point; You have some friends over. you head to the bathroom or are having a party and someone blazes a joint and the camera detects a minor at the party with their parent? I'm sure alot of people wouldn't allow contributing to the delinquency of a minor, I know alot of the people are intelligent and I'm NOT being sarcastic. we are an intelligent community just with opposing views. but intelligent none the less.

but what if that kinect system gets hacked by local PD, DEA or FBI etc.. and used against you in a court of law(or lawlessness). Our homes are our places of safety and sanctity.

I never knew anything about this until about an hour ago so I'm hitting this straight on by the possibilities of misuse. what business does the DHS and navy have with hacking our consoles??

this is why we didn't buy into the current kinect or buy any future console. (referring to my wife and I) :/

?Once it has identified how many people are there?and even who is there?the device will charge for content accordingly. If you pay for one content license but then more viewers join the room, it could halt playback and request that you pay for a different license. That means if you plan to have a movie marathon sleepover, Microsoft would like to charge you extra copyright money for the pleasure of snuggling and watching horror movies.?

So the more people that watch a movie, the more they will charge? Seriously

Note that the description says an "Always on" connection.

"Always On, Always Connected" was a phrase used for Windows 8 and Windows RT. It describes the feature called "Connected Standby" where the device goes into a low-power state but can maintain connectivity for things like push notifications, receiving messages and VOIP calls, downloading updates (if plugged in), etc.

So the more people that watch a movie, the more they will charge? Seriously

No, not seriously. Just in the musings of a blogger imagining possible applications of a patent that may never get used at all.

First, there's already a topic about this one year old document

Secondly, it doesn't say you have to be online to play

Thirdly, it has nothing to do about drm at all

Fourth, always on, always connected refers to the fact that the Xbox is always on and receiving push notifications and downloads from the servers.

Hey Brandon, Always on connection is what Ubisoft wanted with DRM in Ghost Recon Future soldier. I'm just leery as a person.

First, there's already a topic about this one year old document

Secondly, it doesn't say you have to be online to play

Thirdly, it has nothing to do about drm at all

Fourth, always on, always connected refers to the fact that the Xbox is always on and receiving push notifications and downloads from the servers.

http://www.vgleaks.c...and-new-kinect/

3rd paragraph...

in my original OP 2nd paragraph. always on always connected so minimal power a little hacking. they could see if you're home.

I call either FUD, or just scare-mongering, but I'm leaning toward both. :/

well the kinect will be needed for the new console to operate. 1st sentence of the 3rd paragraph of the screen grab above.then just power down and disconnect the thing. :huh:

another site with a not-so-long article

http://www.geekosystem.com/tag/obscure-technologies/

Kinect is needed because its a core part of the system, it's no longer an accessory but part of the system, and what does that have with always connected to do anyway?

all this "always on" stuff also applies to phones, which can therfore, record conversations and activate your cameras and still spy on you. There are apps that indicate they can do this at any time. no outrage at this right now currently....

We also saw Xbox cozy up to the U.S. government this past election cycle when Xbox allowed users to stream a presidential debate through their consoles, and then later polled users with questions regarding the debate.

Does that mean if a TV station airs debates they are cozying up to the government?

In Aus we have something called "The Worm" which is:

an interest measuring device used by an audience while listening to federal election candidates during debates in Australia

all this "always on" stuff also applies to phones, which can therfore, record conversations and activate your cameras and still spy on you. There are apps that indicate they can do this at any time. no outrage at this right now currently....

because most don't know or care. can't be mad if you don't know about it. Bill Binney built a tech used to spy on enemies that he says the US is using on it's own people and they can hear your conversations through your cellphone when you are not even on a dialed call.

http://youtu.be/6PIPHNlAxY4

Chris, I bet you're the sort of person who believes Elvis is still alive and with aliens, that the government is experimenting on aliens at area 51, and you have a fallout shelter under your house stocked with 3 years worth of food and water.

Hmmm, looking over the OP's posting history, I notice a pattern:

Bill gates favors death panel, vaccines to reduce global population

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1058584-bill-gates-favors-death-panel-vaccines-to-reduce-global-population/

At least 50 African children paralyzed after receiving Bill Gates-backed vaccine

https://www.neowin.net/forum/topic/1132548-at-least-50-african-children-paralyzed-after-receiving-bill-gates-backed-va/

Just yesterday there were a group of people attacking us "Apple Haters" for willing to say anything to try to make Apple look bad. I don't recall anyone saying that Steve Jobs was trying to commit race-based genocide. But we are the haters who will say anything.

I doubt its an anti Microsoft bias more like an anti science one. Anyone that tries to make the world a better place will incur the wrath of the buffoons at infowars.

sigh... I'll let you go your way. think what you want to think. But if a former NSA programmer says he was threatened by the same people who he worked for, creating softwares that spy on foreign peoples now being used against it's own and technology that they can hear through your cellphone when you're not in a conversation.. I can lead a horse to water.... bye the way, that video was I believe the NY times not infowars as was the original OP

have a nice day! :D

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 ? 1860)

sigh... I'll let you go your way. think what you want to think. But if a former NSA programmer says he was threatened by the same people who he worked for, creating softwares that spy on foreign peoples now being used against it's own and technology that they can hear through your cellphone when you're not in a conversation.. I can lead a horse to water.... bye the way, that video was I believe the NY times not infowars as was the original OP

have a nice day! :D

Hey, you are using a computer! BillG and the NSA put back-door hacks in there to spy on you, they are recording you right now and you don't know about it, sending your voice and pictures to the CIA and directly to BillG's house where you are on a big screen TV in his house right now - I know because I saw it when I was in his house while he and the aliens were performing anal probe tests on me for their own sick, twisted pleasure. It happened, I swear. Be afraid, be very afraid!!!!

All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident. Arthur Schopenhauer, German philosopher (1788 ? 1860)

Hmmm, looking over the OP's posting history, I notice a pattern:

Bill gates favors death panel, vaccines to reduce global population

http://www.neowin.ne...bal-population/

At least 50 African children paralyzed after receiving Bill Gates-backed vaccine

http://www.neowin.ne...ates-backed-va/

Just yesterday there were a group of people attacking us "Apple Haters" for willing to say anything to try to make Apple look bad. I don't recall anyone saying that Steve Jobs was trying to commit race-based genocide. But we are the haters who will say anything.

Yeah he's a frequent in the political forums, and not one that contributes in any sort of great manner...

Blah, blah, blah. Look, I have no doubts that there is a lot of spying on citizens, a vast majority of it would be illegal if we knew about it. But dude, you seriously need to be on some meds or start taking what was prescribed for you - but you probably are not taking them because BillG is involved in some conspiracy to kill you through them. Showing the debates and polling people is Microsoft doing the govt's bidding and is proof that they are spying on us? That there are millions of people who are spending their entire day listening to the private conversations of 320 million citizens (and who spies on the spies?) recorded through their cell phones, and Kinects? And why is it only Microsoft and BillG who is doing this, why is it never Apple, or Google (you know, the company who has said that they take your information and use it for marketing).

There is being careful with your information, not wanting it to be in the wrong hands and being concerned that you are being watched without your knowledge. And then there is visiting every grocery store within a 50 mile radius and buying every bit of Aluminum foil available to build a real kick ass hat and make sure that BillG and SteveB are not using the Kinect your neighbor from three blocks away has (because those Kinects have powerful microphones) to listen to you lecturing your 36 cats about the importance of eating everything out of their dinner bowl.

Edit: I can throw out quotes also:

"Dude, you be crazy" - Me (about 3 seconds ago)

• Like 1

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you, right?

• Like 2