The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug

I wish they wouldn't start hyping these films so far in advance - we still have two fricking months before it comes out! 

I've been taking the long way home (avoiding crowded roads) every day for the past week... listening to the Hobbit audio book while driving. I'm really looking forward to the second movie.

I wish they wouldn't start hyping these films so far in advance - we still have two fricking months before it comes out! 

They are trying to drive with wild with anticipation. Is it working?

Hopefully the wife and I will be able to go see this. She recently lost her job (thanks to insurance cuts as she worked in healthcare) and right now we are running pretty low on funds to do anything (spent $4 on our weekly food trip this week)

Hopefully the wife and I will be able to go see this. She recently lost her job (thanks to insurance cuts as she worked in healthcare) and right now we are running pretty low on funds to do anything (spent $4 on our weekly food trip this week)

what theater do you normally go to where you are located? I will purchase two tickets when it comes out and have them waiting at the window if they have a will-call system?... not kidding. I don't mind helping someone out and this is a movie I think is worth it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Ok saw the movie.... really liked the graphics as usual and nice story however I did not like the ending lol now gotta wait another 6 months before seeing how it turned out ( I don't read the books).

Still think the Lord of the Rings movies are much better thus far so unless the 3rd Hobbit far exceeds expectations I won't be impressed.

Ok saw the movie.... really liked the graphics as usual and nice story however I did not like the ending lol now gotta wait another 6 months before seeing how it turned out ( I don't read the books).

Still think the Lord of the Rings movies are much better thus far so unless the 3rd Hobbit far exceeds expectations I won't be impressed.

Next movie comes out in a year...