I want to be the best medic I can be how do I add a defib but keep my med kits as well ? Is it possible ?

Just set the defibrillator to gadget slot 2 and the med kit to 3, or vise versa.

Please elaborate..

Well it seems to me a fancy word made up to make a whole lot of standard level interactions seem groundbreaking. 

You can turn lights off, open and close doors, use lifts, blow up things like trees and small statues. And there's one scripted set piece when the building falls. 

So nothing special. You can't blow through most walls. windows etc. just like in BF3. And when the building collapses you cant ride it down the screen goes dark straight away and you die before it has really starting tumbling. Hopefully they fix this.

After some more play it seems like the recoil has been tonned down and this is maybe why it feels slightly call of dutyish to me. Time will tell if it feels better over time but right now guns don't feel very solid due to it. Pretty fun so far regardless. 

• Like 1

Just upgraded to Windows 8 and the difference is amazing! No more drops of fps at all so far. In a game right ow. Alt Tab is so much quicker too.

Now got all Ultra settings 4x AA and 16x AF on.

Edit: I may go back to windows 7 to see if I can fix the stupid fps dips but not sure yet. Just upgraded to Windows 8 to at least test it. I plan on doing a fresh Windows 8 install and reinstalling all my stuff when I get time. I hated the dips to 3 to 7 fps because it really effected gameplay. No it wasn't for a long time but for a split second. So far none of that in Windows 8. I wonder if this means DirectX 11.1 really does make a difference? I thought Windows 7 had DirectX 11.1 from a update but guess I was wrong.

I thought Windows 7 had DirectX 11.1 from a update but guess I was wrong.

Windows 7 has parts of DX11.1 but not all of it...that's not likely to be what's causing the difference though.  7 is also using an older WDDM (windows display driver model) among other things.

I could probably go into more detail but alas I'm about to fall asleep.

Windows 7 has parts of DX11.1 but not all of it...that's not likely to be what's causing the difference though.  7 is also using an older WDDM (windows display driver model) among other things.

I could probably go into more detail but alas I'm about to fall asleep.

Same here.

Well it seems to me a fancy word made up to make a whole lot of standard level interactions seem groundbreaking. 

You can turn lights off, open and close doors, use lifts, blow up things like trees and small statues. And there's one scripted set piece when the building falls. 

So nothing special. You can't blow through most walls. windows etc. just like in BF3. And when the building collapses you cant ride it down the screen goes dark straight away and you die before it has really starting tumbling. Hopefully they fix this.

That's exactly what it is, a made up word for something trying to prove to be fancy when it's not. What's more annoying is the fact they keep using the word "new" to features like this or others from previous Battlefield games, which just goes to show the new target audience is COD kids who have converted over. After all, it's the hip thing to bash COD.

I'm pretty sure every BF game that comes out has been on a declining trend to destruction.

I haven't got premium on PC so haven't been able to try it out, I have however tried the beta on Xbox and can say that if anyone buys it for that platform must be delusional. The game looks like an arcade cartoon game, the frame rate is terrible, and even the controls are nasty. I played for 20 minutes and the first 3 minutes I got sniped by nearly everyone on the enemy team hiding on roof tops with no flags.

After some more play it seems like the recoil has been tonned down and this is maybe why it feels slightly call of dutyish to me. Time will tell if it feels better over time but right now guns don't feel very solid due to it. Pretty fun so far regardless. 

I find it hard to believe that the game is anywhere near as polished as it will be on release. It sounds like you're taking the beta too seriously. I've found that certain objects are destroyed more accurately than others which leads me to believe they will implement more. That, and the destruction is really, really, clunky meaning there are missing transitions and fire. The trails of bullets and especially rockets is all very low-detail. I would bet that this is all going to be added but it isn't necessary for beta testing and would likely just introduce more server stress for the sake of looks.

I do agree with the Call of Duty comment only for the fact that gun noise sounds like you're firing paintballs which has been my biggest gripe in CoD. But, like I said, I doubt that's how it will be on release.

Well I went back to Windows 7 64 bit but I am still thinking about doing a fresh install of Windows 8 64 bit soon. I haven't decided for sure yet. Still like Windows 7 and kinda prefer it but Windows 8 seem to just work better with Battlefield 4. Supposedly DirectX 11.1 gives better cpu performance too. Wonder what 11.2 update will bring ?

Like for example I got well over 100 fps in Battlefield 4 during sky looking in Windows 7 not even close. Though of course it is not kept once you look around. It is just a comparison. There seems to be no choppiness in Windows 8 whenever there is heavy fire fight or like when in the chopper. At least from what I tested while in Windows 8.

The biggest difference is Alt Tab is so much quicker in Windows 8! Wow. I can alt tab out of full screen in secs then back in. Not sure what is up with that. Windows 7 it works but the game goes all full screen to windowed mode then I can click on Firefox in the taskbar fine.

However, I?d still tell you to wait before upgrading. Windows 8 looks great, feels very responsive and is quicker than 7; but in the long run you tend to miss the stability of Windows 7. Wait out until you can see how much a difference the new OS will bring before shifting over.

That's from the second link you posted, max22. I've no idea what they're talking about. Windows 8 has been as stable as a rock for me. The new system I've built is also going to be running Windows 8 Pro. Currently, it's what I game on now, and it's been a great experience.

This probably only applies to the people that have a DirectX 11.1 compatible GPU.

That's from the second link you posted, max22. I've no idea what they're talking about. Windows 8 has been as stable as a rock for me. The new system I've built is also going to be running Windows 8 Pro. Currently, it's what I game on now, and it's been a great experience.

Good to know. Thanks!

I want to see what AMD/DICE/EA come up with when that Mantle update comes in December. Hopefully we see a higher performance rate and doesn't matter what OS you're on.

This probably only applies to the people that have a DirectX 11.1 compatible GPU.

And there are LOTS of DX 11.1-ready GPUs - basically any AMD GPU from HD5xxx (including Mobility) and newer OR any nV GPU from the GeForce 500 series up.

If you upgraded for Crysis 3 (or Civ V), unless you have less than 1 GB of on-GPU memory, you should be able to play any DX 11.1 game on at least medium detail, if not high detail (sans AA, of course).

Naturally, this leaves out a lot of portable computers.

I have two days to wait yet.

yup, and besides, i'd rather pay $500 for a better GFX card for performance increase than upgrade to windows 8, :p which i already own.

I'm kinda annoyed with the beta. I love playing Support, but man they should've included the c4 in the beta, or something. Airburst gun is nice and can take out a vehicle, but you can't reload it, which is stupid. I'm always getting messed up by the tanks.

But i love being able to camp and take people out with my support gun from a distance, which is something you couldn't do in bf3.

I'm loving it though :D

There is C4 in the beta. They have wisely given it back to the recon class. 

Well I went back to Windows 7 64 bit but I am still thinking about doing a fresh install of Windows 8 64 bit soon. I haven't decided for sure yet. Still like Windows 7 and kinda prefer it but Windows 8 seem to just work better with Battlefield 4. Supposedly DirectX 11.1 gives better cpu performance too. Wonder what 11.2 update will bring ?

Like for example I got well over 100 fps in Battlefield 4 during sky looking in Windows 7 not even close. Though of course it is not kept once you look around. It is just a comparison. There seems to be no choppiness in Windows 8 whenever there is heavy fire fight or like when in the chopper. At least from what I tested while in Windows 8.

The biggest difference is Alt Tab is so much quicker in Windows 8! Wow. I can alt tab out of full screen in secs then back in. Not sure what is up with that. Windows 7 it works but the game goes all full screen to windowed mode then I can click on Firefox in the taskbar fine.

I would recommend going to 8. Your going to end up there eventually in the next couple of years regardless.

I upgraded a month ago and noticed a great improvement in multitasking, alt tabbing in and out of games, system start up time. 

It's definitely no less stable than Windows 7 was. 

Not a big fan of the start screen, but I literally only see it when the computer first turns on, then I am on the desktop the rest of the time. Considering I didn't really use the start menu in 7, it's hard for me to see why people hate it so much? I guess there's some parts I don't use that aren't as intuitive, or is it just people being stubborn and scared of change? 

I would recommend going to 8. Your going to end up there eventually in the next couple of years regardless.

If people want to wait for 9, let em I figure.  People rarely need to upgrade every new OS.