Where can I find the HP Deskjet 670C Driver for XP

Hey Everyone,

Since I lost for my Windows XP Pro CD, but I'm sure to find it later on... I'd like to know which file in the windows directory is responsible for installing that specific driver or at least which one is responsible for all HP Printer Drivers :)

Thanks

Why don you just download the driver from HP's web site?

unfortunately it's not on there, they tell you to refer to the windows xp cd. Although on my other computer, my driver directory isn't deleted, so I was wondering which files I needed to transfer over to make it work.

Um - if you go to install the printer, and it can not find the file its looking for. It will give you the name - then you can copy it(them) over.

You don't need the XP CD, just add the printer in the normal way and it installs all the files.....

HP Deskjet 670C is on the list of printers.

...I just tried it and it works!!!

Pete

He can't, he erased the files he was "never going to need again". ;)

Yeah - but look at it this way that ntprint.inf he deleted. You know the file that lists all the printers xp knows how to uses, and has drivers for. It's almost 1.5 MB in size - which just takes up way too much space for stuff he will never need. He is so kewl - his windows dir is small :) heheheheeh

Yeah - but look at it this way that ntprint.inf he deleted.  You know the file that lists all the printers xp knows how to uses, and has drivers for.  It's almost 1.5 MB in size - which just takes up way too much space for stuff he will never need.  He is so kewl - his windows dir is small :) heheheheeh

oooh, so you're saying it's in the i386 or the inf folder:) ?

yes, thats why you don't delete that stuff without knowing what its for.  saves headaches later.

Well I never thought that I would have needed it, until my printer broke down :(

Yeah - but look at it this way that ntprint.inf he deleted. You know the file that lists all the printers xp knows how to uses, and has drivers for. It's almost 1.5 MB in size - which just takes up way too much space for stuff he will never need. He is so kewl - his windows dir is small :) heheheheeh

:yes:

oooh, so you're saying it's in the i386 or the inf folder:) ?

The ntprint.inf (in the inf directory under windows) lists printers that windows has builtin drivers for - and how to install them, etc.. without the ntprint.inf you most likely will not get any listing for built in printers. In your case the hp 670c, I did not look to see exactly where the dll's are stored that you would need. But without the ntprint.inf you going to have a HARD time setting up the printer, even if you have the dll's you need currently on the machine.