backdoor/subseven

Norton Antivirus keeps telling me that backdoor/subseven is being blocked and it tells me it has been blocked for the past 30 minutes and such. thats all it tells me that and this ip number 24.66.172.10,27374 it won't tell me where the subseven/backdoor virus is on my computer or anything and it Id like to be able to get rid of it... any ideas?

find the subseven and see if the guy who made it has a faq on how to remove it.

you might want to look on the symantec website and cnet downloads too. + figure out what you put on your computer that the subseven came with and tell us so everyone can avoid it

It has been on my computer for a long while, I just ignored it. but I started thinking that it could be the cause to my computer crashing, because it always crashes when I play Ragnarok Onine which an online rpg and I have to disable my firewall...

I am running some scans and such, and will keep you informed.

so apparently I have Executor, RingZero,Tiny Telnet Server. And thats just what I know of, Im going to download a few other virus scanners now and run them as I sleep.

It is becoming very frustrating as the online trojan scanner tells me I have Tiny Telnet Server, Executor, and Ring Zero trojans on my computer, but not virus scanners seem to be detecting them.

1. Reboot to SAFE MODE

2. Run your anti-virus software manually

3. Run a FULL system scan (and let it fully complete)

4. once it tells you where the files are you can get the software to delete them, or you can do it yourself. OR you can also get another trojan scanner... just make sure ur doing this in safe mode ;)

I went to the site that freek recommended. It said that I have RingZero. I looked it up on Symantec's site. I searched for the files it drops (yes, I have show hidden files, etc. turned on) and could not find them. I also looked in the reg where it is supposed to be. Nothing there either. I tried scanning in Safe Mode like YahoKa suggested but NAV did not find any viruses.

Do you think Sygate would be lying to get me to buy their firewall?