'Heroes' to return?

13bSM.png

Save the cheerleader, launch a new programming initiative?

MSN, which is making a big push into original programming via Xbox, is in talks to revive NBC?s superhero drama Heroes, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Details remain sketchy, but sources confirm that MSN is interested in relaunching the once red-hot NBC Universal franchise with new stories and heroes, while mixing in cameos from the original series? cast (schedules and interest permitting). The talks are said to be in the preliminary stages.

In February, MSN hired former NBC development executive Jada Miranda to oversee production of its fledgling Xbox entertainment studio under ex-CBS president Nancy Tellem (who came on board last fall).

Heroes? four-season run on NBC ended in February 2010.

http://tvline.com/2013/04/17/heroes-relaunch-msn-xbox/

• Like 2

It died a death in it's original run due to completely stagnating storylines, which was amazing given the material available, so why bother? Is there no originality in TV anymore?

I hope this isn't true. Heroes season 1 was great but every season after that felt made up just so they could use the same cast. Originally wasn't it going to be a completely new cast for the second season?

They should look at other shows like The Event or Flash Forward. Both of those had potential for a second season. Heroes wasn't a show cancelled before its time.

Season 1 of Heroes though stands out as one of the best shows in recent memory.

• Like 2

I hope this isn't true. Heroes season 1 was great but every season after that felt made up just so they could use the same cast. Originally wasn't it going to be a completely new cast for the second season?

They should look at other shows like The Event or Flash Forward. Both of those had potential for a second season. Heroes wasn't a show cancelled before its time.

Season 1 of Heroes though stands out as one of the best shows in recent memory.

If its a whole new cast with a whole new writing team I can see it being good, I am still a massive Heroes fan and stand by the show and say its one of my all time favourite shows even the later seasons (writers strike ruined the main story early on).

Season 1 was excellent, season 2 was decent, season 3 was OK.. I didn't make it through season 4!

That about sums it up. I watched it from start to finish but by the end it was pretty dire, with the occasional spark that reminded me why I liked the show. A new take on the formula could work, though I'm sceptical it will be any good.

Season 2 could've been so great if it wasn't for the writers strike!

Yeah. After season 1, things became progressively worse. Some interesting plot points were completely ignored (e.g. Samurai sword-wielding Hiro Nakamura [that spoke perfect English]).

I'm willing to give it another chance if it returns.

I remember both you and me saying this in the thread at that time I think!

It was weak from the start. Season 1 was well planned out and cleverly woven together, yet Season 2 seemed like a tacked on afterthought.

It died a death in it's original run due to completely stagnating storylines, which was amazing given the material available, so why bother? Is there no originality in TV anymore?

New cast, new stories, new material.... what exactly do you expect from originality...

I watched and enjoyed season 1. I watched about 4 episodes of season 2 and they all bored me to tears. It was like the story was dead and this was just added on (Season 5 of Bab5?).

This sounds like it has "webisodes" written all over it...

I remember both you and me saying this in the thread at that time I think!

Yep, once I saw what the original plans on the season 2 DVD I was pretty upset that they didn't go that route.

It was weak from the start. Season 1 was well planned out and cleverly woven together, yet Season 2 seemed like a tacked on afterthought.

Season 2 was suppose to get really dark in the 2nd half, the virus was suppose to actually go off and start killing people.

I think it is a shame it ended.

Season 1 was fantastic. Really original and as others have said, it had a number of plots I would have liked to explore.

Season 2 was a good return to the show with consideration given to the history behind "the company", but didn't really captivate the audience like the first season.

Season 3 was slightly worse but still a good overall storyline. It was interesting to see a sudden burst of different abilities, but sad we didn't see more of those characters' stories.

Season 4 was worse again and what an anti-climax for the end. How rubbish.

The storyline of Hiro, the girl, the guy and the sword was awful :(

I'd welcome a 5th series but I reckon it'll be like the Spiderman franchise where nothing matches up to the first series and of course, we'll never get answers to the questions left from the previous series'.