New info for Drive Club PS4

I've only skimmed so far but some bits:

- cars will take damage, but it won't affect handling

- AI lies somewhere between an arcade and simulation racer

- in terms of additional cars, it will apparently be one of Sony's 'biggest dlc games'

- tracks are on open landscapes with large draw distances

- you can play offline or as a single player if you wish

- you can create race events of varying types and size, configure time of day, weather etc. have sprawling multi-day events with hundreds of teams

Some included manufacturers are listed...not sure if it's already known. There's 3 accompanying screenshots, I think new. The cars are gorgeous.

Play offline in single-player

- Also has a big online focus

- User-created race challenges encouraged

- Everything you do is tracked by a single profile in single-plaer

- With teams, accomplishments are funneled together into the larger success of the group

- Three-on-three team challenges included

- Create events based on different parameters: car type, track, time of day, weather, etc.

- Can make lengthy multi-stage events that take place over a number of days

- Participants can span in the thousands with hundreds of different teams

- Win smaller accolades to add team?s XP

- These include clocking the fastest lap, drifting 1,000 meters, going 0 to 60 the fastest

- Use apps outside of DriveClub to make challenges as well

- Spread accomplishments and media through social media chanels

- Evolution will be making its own season of league racing through weekly online race events

- Visuals and gameplay are equally important

- DualShock 4?s touchpad is used for menu navigation, for the most part

- Touchpad also being considered for cameras

- Not a simulation-based racer

- Damage cars take won?t determine how they handle

- Koenigsegg, Maserati, Pagani, Hennessey are represented

- Start off with slightly less glamorous cars

- Race and increase fame/funds to gain access to better cars

- More people will watch you race as well

- More cars will be added through DLC; will be ?one of the biggest titles for Sony from a DLC perspective?

Source: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=554836

Nice, I am sure some people wanted differently, but my favorite bullet point is...

Not a simulation-based racer

Nice, I am sure some people wanted differently, but my favorite bullet point is...

I'm also pretty excited for this fact. While I do enjoy my Gran Turismo, the majority of racing games I enjoy are more arcade type racers like NFS. Not to say it needs to be that arcadey for me to enjoy it but would prefer not to have another sim.

Really can't wait for these next gen consoles and one of the things I'm most excited for is the potential for some decent AI in games with the extra power under the hood of these consoles. Would like to see the ridiculous rubberbanding you have in racers gone to some extent and some decent enemy/team AI in adventure games/shooters.

It won't make too much sense to be a simulation racer anyway, seeing that this seems to be an in-house developer, no point in trying to take the market of the behemoth Gran Turismo series.