"Dawn of the Planet of the Apes" starts production, Cast revealed

• 2 weeks later...

I enjoyed the first one, sadly James Franco isn't in this.

Agreed on both points. Seen the new trailer at the cinemas and it was just really off putting with the new guy, like I am supposed to believe that his character changes facial structure with age? :P

Agreed on both points. Seen the new trailer at the cinemas and it was just really off putting with the new guy, like I am supposed to believe that his character changes facial structure with age? :p

He's not taking Franco's character though.

He's not taking Franco's character though.

Just looked it up and you are correct, okay now I'm not so disappointed haha. The interaction between him and Caeser in the trailer led me to believe that they were close, so I just assumed it was the same character.

Just looked it up and you are correct, okay now I'm not so disappointed haha. The interaction between him and Caeser in the trailer led me to believe that they were close, so I just assumed it was the same character.

I think they become close throughout the film because he's one of the few who are wanting to help the apes :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Awesome movie. I really liked the first one (surprisingly, I have to say, because I didn't hold much faith in it before seeing it), and this was is just as good, if not even better.  Luckily I didn't watch any trailers except for the first teaser, so it made the experience even better, because I had no idea which direction the story was going. CGI was fantastic, the apes with simpler facial structures transcended the CGI imo, I think for the first time I wasn't aware of the fx and just enjoyed the immersion completely. I'd really recommend watching it.

I don't want to be that guy who scoffs at movies being in realistic but

at the end when the apes all have assault rifles, they have 30 bullets each, no additional mags, and they're going full auto for like 5 minutes. They have no concept of needing to reload

That's the only thing that mildly annoyed me. 

I don't want to be that guy who scoffs at movies being in realistic but

at the end when the apes all have assault rifles, they have 30 bullets each, no additional mags, and they're going full auto for like 5 minutes. They have no concept of needing to reload

That's the only thing that mildly annoyed me. 

Doesn't Koba drop the guns and replaces them with ones from a fallen ape? Not saying it's much more realistic that way, but they tried to address the running out of ammo at least