Summer 2013 Transfer Thread

Jeez! Neymar only went for an estimated ?50m :/

Neymar is not as great as I think alot of people make out, he refused EPL because I think deep down he wouldn't be able to cut it

Jeez! Neymar only went for an estimated ?50m :/

Bale is already an established player in one of the hardest leauges in the world, and has played against some of the best and done very well on top of that.

Neymar still needs to prove himself in Europe, I for one would love to see him against some of the tougher EPL players.

I really look forward to see if Christian Eriksen will be sold this summer, I'd very much like to see him replace G?tze in Dortmund, as the team would fit him much better than for example Liverpool or United, which are amongst the clubs rumored to be looking at him.

He is very keen to be working with J?rgen Klopp, so make it happen!

1370279499.jpg

Brazil striker Neymar has completed his move from Santos to Spanish champions Barcelona for an undisclosed fee.

The 21-year-old passed his medical and signed a five-year deal after arriving in Catalonia on a private jet following Sunday's 2-2 draw with England in Rio.

The deal was agreed last month, with Neymar giving a tearful farewell to Santos prior to the internationals.

The player - who was a target for Real Madrid - is to travel back to Brazil for the upcoming Confederations Cup.

The signing ends years of speculation about which team would be the first to persuade him to make the move to Europe.

As well as Real Madrid, Neymar had also been linked with Chelsea and Manchester United since making his debut for Santos in 2009.

He led the club to their greatest run since Brazil legend Pele stopped playing for the club in the 1970s, helping them win the 2010 Brazilian Cup, the 2011 Copa Libertadores and three straight Sao Paulo state championships.

He is the club's leading scorer in the post-Pele era with 138 goals in 229 matches.

Neymar is also considered Brazil's key player for the 2014 World Cup, which they are hosting. Next on his agenda is the warm-up event for the tournament, the Confederations Cup, which runs from 15-30 June.

1370301382.jpg

Manchester City have agreed a fee with Sevilla for their Spain international winger Jesus Navas.

The 27-year-old, who has been with the Primera Liga club for his whole career, could cost around ?17m plus add-ons.

Navas was a member of Spain's successful 2010 World Cup and Euro 2012 squads and is in the 23-man party picked for the Confederations Cup.

City are yet to appoint a successor to Roberto Mancini as manager, with Manuel Pellegrini favourite for the post.

Navas, who has more than 20 caps for Spain, would be City's first major signing of the summer following their unsuccessful Premier League title defence, when they finished 11 points behind champions Manchester United.

club-manchester-united-guillermo-varela-football-premier-league_2958022.jpg

Manchester United have confirmed that Uruguayan right-back Guillermo Varela has signed a five-year contract with the club.

The 20-year-old joins the Premier League champions from Uruguayan side Atletico Penarol for an undisclosed fee, having impressed during a two-week trial period at Carrington.

The defender will link up with United after representing Uruguay at the U20 World Cup in Turkey later this month.

"I'm very pleased to be a part of this club, one of the best teams in the world," said Varela.

"As everyone in the world knows, this is a huge club that has won everything and I really hope that continues."

He added: "I'm very lucky there are quite a few Spanish-speakers here. It will certainly help me settle in."

Varela becomes the first signing for United since David Moyes replaced Sir Alex Ferguson as manager at Old Trafford.

Sky Sports revealed earlier this week that Varela was set to finalise a move to Old Trafford.

_67449517_schurrle_bongarts.jpg

Andre Schurrle is set to become Jose Mourinho's first signing since his return as Chelsea manager.

The Blues have agreed an ?18m fee with Bundesliga club Bayer Leverkusen for the Germany international forward.

Schurrle, 22, will now discuss personal terms with the London club and undergo a medical before completing the move.

"Chelsea Football Club and Bayer Leverkusen have reached an agreement for the transfer of Andre Schurrle," a statement on the club's website read.

"The deal is subject to the completion of legal documentation and related matters, including personal terms and passing a medical."

• 2 weeks later...

Representatives of Celtic midfielder Victor Wanyama are in talks with Southampton after a fee in the region of ?12m was agreed between the two clubs.

The Kenyan, 21, is keen to leave Celtic after two years in Glasgow but he has yet to agree personal terms.

It is understood there is also interest from Southampton's Premier League rivals Cardiff City.

Wanyama joined Celtic for ?900,000 from Beerschot in July 2011.

The Kenya midfielder has been tipped to move to a richer club since starring in Celtic's Champions League group-stage win over Barcelona.

And manager Neil Lennon has admitted he might struggle to keep his top players despite back-to-back title wins.

In October, Lennon revealed that Wanyama had rejected the offer of a new contract beyond the four-year deal he signed when joining Celtic.

After Wanyama shone at Champions League level, Lennon had suggested that the player was worth ?25m.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/23037626

Manchester City and Juventus have agreed a deal for striker Carlos Tevez to join the Italian side in a transfer worth up to ?12m.

City accepted an offer of ?10m that could rise by ?2m with add-ons.

The Argentina international, 29, is expected in Italy on Wednesday for a medical and to discuss personal terms over a proposed three-year contract.
When the fee is combined with wages and bonuses due to Tevez in the final year of his contract, City could save ?27m.
The two clubs reached an agreement at a meeting in London on Tuesday.

Tevez signed a five-year contract when he joined the Sky Blues in 2009 after previously playing for Manchester United.
City paid his advisors - who owned his contract - a reported ?25.5m fee, although some have claimed the figure was ?47m.

He has made 148 appearances for the club, scoring 74 goals, but the relationship with former manager Roberto Mancini soured in 2011 when he was fined and suspended following an incident in a Champions League match against Bayern Munich.

City must now search for a replacement but have said they will not pay the ?53m asking price for Napoli forward Edinson Cavani.

• 3 weeks later...

Well Chelsea have been the first team to "officially" bid for Rooney

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8827852/Transfer-news-Chelsea-have-lodged-a-bid-for-Man-United-s-Wayne-Rooney

What does everyone think? Are Man Utd better off by offloading him and cashing in.

Personally i think Rooney plays best as the support role off the attacker. He doesn't seem to want to play that role, he wants to be an out and out striker.

When you have a fit Van Persie though. I think i'd rather have Van Persie in that role instead and have Rooney support him.

Saying that, i think Man Utd will be better off without Rooney and get a big name player who will be happy in that role.

http://www1.skysports.com/football/news/11668/8827852/Transfer-news-Chelsea-have-lodged-a-bid-for-Man-United-s-Wayne-Rooney

What does everyone think? Are Man Utd better off by offloading him and cashing in.

Personally i think Rooney plays best as the support role off the attacker. He doesn't seem to want to play that role, he wants to be an out and out striker.

When you have a fit Van Persie though. I think i'd rather have Van Persie in that role instead and have Rooney support him.

Saying that, i think Man Utd will be better off without Rooney and get a big name player who will be happy in that role.

Moye's inexperience in buying 'big' name players is going to hinder Utd, look at Thiago for example had most of June to get him and in the end Bayern came in an stole him

Javascript is not enabled or refresh the page to view.

Click here to view the Tweet

Liverpool's principle owner twitter response to Arsenals "improved" bid of ?40,000,001. Hillarious!

Looks like Suarez is being allowed to talk to Arsenal now though

While Arsenal are wasting their time trying to sign the impossible, their main target Higuain is in Napoli apparently having a medical. HA

They were turned away from him ages ago hence why Napoli moved in

Now it looks like Arsenal is considered a close #2.  If Arsenal SOMEHOW picks up suarez and rooney, damn...

Quite happy with Arsenal just getting rid of players willy nilly. ?70mil war chest my arse, guaranteed they wont spend 30% of it.

Sometimes you don't really need to if you can find quality at a young age or small fee

Sometimes you don't really need to if you can find quality at a young age or small fee

Yeh i agree, But Arsenal havnt done that either :S

Just to show, their transfer record is still only 15 mil for Arshavin :|

I suppose he's determined now to prove he has the funds by making that marquee signing, Suarez probably though isn't the way to go...that said Liverpool won't be able to properly spend it on players they want