DLNA Server

I just bought a 70" Sharp TV and seen they have support DLNA. Can anyone recommend a good DLNA server for OSX? I've tried Twonky, it works but the videos pause itself, so every 5 minutes I'm hitting play to un-pause it. I need it to support all types of media format.

I'll look into the PS3 Media Server. I've tried Plex, but it's a hit or miss. Sometime's it'll show up in my DLNA list and sometimes it won't. Right now I have XBMC loading my movies, so when I get home, I'll try that out. Only thing I don't like about it is, I can't have it loaded 24/7 due to it having to take up the whole computer screen.

I'm also going to try Playback, but that only plays OSX media files and .mkv isn't one of them.

I'll look into the PS3 Media Server. I've tried Plex, but it's a hit or miss. Sometime's it'll show up in my DLNA list and sometimes it won't. Right now I have XBMC loading my movies, so when I get home, I'll try that out. Only thing I don't like about it is, I can't have it loaded 24/7 due to it having to take up the whole computer screen.

I'm also going to try Playback, but that only plays OSX media files and .mkv isn't one of them.

There is a plugin for XBMC that allows it to connect to Plex. Plex is probably the best solution.

There is a plugin for XBMC that allows it to connect to Plex. Plex is probably the best solution.

Will I need XBMC open or will it be in the background like Plex?

• 2 months later...

Hi, trying to do something seemingly simple. Display iPhoto albums from our iMac (v10.7.5) to our TV via a DLNA-enabled Sony BluRay dvd player (BDP-S790) for a party. I've installed Plex on the Mac, and am able to see the Media Server on my TV, navigate to the iPhoto files, but when I click to open an album, get an error "cannot connect to server." Tried the Plex help chat room, but they pointed me to DLNA forums. Any ideas? Thanks