Samsung Galaxy S4 Ad

I'm just curious about one of the ad's I've been seeing. It's the ad where a mother is taking a picture of their child graduating, and a streaker runs by, and the mother just simply deletes the person out of the photo.

Now, after seeing that I was interested in how it worked. I went to Best Buy at the Samsung station and asked to see it in action and no one knew. So, my question is, how does it work and is it simply that easy?

Hi

The feature you're wondering about it called Eraser mode:

Eraser mode works by snapping a series of images and identifying and removing moving objects from the final composite image. After the images have been captured moving objects are automatically identified and marked in purple. You can then select to hide or show them and save the final image.

In our testing this worked quite well for the scenario we see it most likely to be applied: when a passerby walks directly in front of a subject in a busy public setting. How many ruined snapshots taken at tourist hotspots could have been saved with this feature?

>The Eraser feature finds and highlights moving objects in your scene.

> The final image does a quality job of removing the passerby from the scene, as well as a person moving in the background.

> Eraser will also identify moving cars and remove them from your scene. And though the newspaper boxes are also highlighted here, the final image only removed the moving car.

> A screenshot of the final output image -- the car is seamlessly removed from the final image.