'The Simpsons' expanding in Universal Studios theme park

the-simpsons-expanding-in-universal-studios-theme-park.jpg

Now, thanks to an upcoming renovation at Universal Studios Orlando Resort, fans of "The Simpsons" can immerse themselves in the town which Newsweek once dubbed "America's Crud Bucket."

The renovation will expand around the popular "The Simpsons Ride" which opened at the theme park in 2008, with a full city street giving visitors a chance to walk the streets of Springfield.

"Fans will literally be able to live and breathe Springfield as they visit the statue of Jebediah, enjoy a Krusty Burger, and have a seat at Moe?s Tavern, which are just a few of the great experiences awaiting at Universal," said Jeffrey Godsick, president of Fox Consumer Products. Other notable landmarks that appear in the artist's rendering of the new addition include the Lard Lad Donut statue, The Android's Dungeon and Baseball Card shop, and a Duff Brewery with microbrewed Duff Beer. Gummy Beer, anyone?

Additionally, the "Kang & Kodos Twirl 'n' Hurl" ride will be included, in which the former presidential candidates will take "'foolish humans' on an intergalactic spin designed to send them into orbit."

Mark Woodbury, President of Universal Creative, added, "This will be a must-see experience for Simpsons fans all over the world. For the first time ever, they?re going to be able to enter a world that they?ve only seen on television ? and we?re really excited to bring that world to life.?

No official date has been announced, but the corner of Springfield will reportedly open to the public sometime this summer.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/6833/the-simpsons-expanding-in-universal-studios-theme-park

Last time i was in Orlando was in 2008. Since then i had 2 kids but they are too little to take them there. Need to wait probably another 2 years before going there.

Or we (the wife and i) can ditch the kids with the grandparents and go there by our selfs :D