[XBMC] Your favourite skin

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

+Dick Montage

I finally have my XBMC setup almost as I want it (a few tweaks soon to be put in place) and was wondering what skin you all prefer?

I am running Hybrid - a decent mix of a usable skin (read: not too showy) and modern features.

What do you use, and if at all why?

+Dick Montage

Apologies, Xperience added (to represent variants). I had a play with it, and liked it, but it didn't fully suit me...

TheLegendOfMart

I'm a sucker for nicely designed UIs. It's a refined version of ModernUI, some great design choices.

Other skins are OK but a lot of them are very amateurish.

RatherLargeBear

+1 for Xperience 1080

+Dick Montage

It's a refined version of ModernUI, some great design choices.

You're not wrong... I may give it another chance...

TheLegendOfMart

It's not perfect but for me its the best of the bunch.

Geoffrey B.

mine would be Xperience

• 3 weeks later...
Aergan

Hybrid has been my skin of choice since Eden, will try Xperience though.

Eric

I just use Confluence now. There was one that I can't remember the name of from Eden but it never got updated to Frodo. Xperience 1080 is also nice.

HeyRatFans

Rapier

xbmc-2010-01-01-16-47-56-48-960x539.png

No longer supported by the original author, but updates for XBMC 12 Frodo, by community member Gade, can be found in this thread on the XBMC Forums.

+Dick Montage

So I'm in the middle of modifying Xperience1080 to suit my needs - adding a photos tab and so on. Damn the homescreen on this is a bitch!

• 4 weeks later...
DConnell

I like Confluence, but PM3 works well on my bedroom XBOX outputting 480P (why go 720 on a 19 inch?).

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ather Fawaz
      Dbrand sets up its first retail shop inside a Samsung store in Toronto
      by Ather Fawaz

One of the most well-known skin-makers today is dbrand. The company creates skins that can be applied to devices like smartphones, laptops, tablets, and their accompanying accessories. Up till now, dbrand has entirely done business through its online store but that is seemingly set to change.

At the Samsung Store in Eaton Center, Toronto, dbrand has set up what appears to be its first retail store. There, customers will have a chance to check out the available skins ahead of purchasing them. Dbrand will also offer free skin applications on the spot. Though on the face of it, the offer seems to be Samsung-exclusive, you could try your luck with taking a dbrand skin to the store and getting it applied to your device.

Dbrand's first store could be a promotion for the upcoming Galaxy S20 in partnership with Samsung. But given how AKG (a subsidiary of Samsung) is the only third-party company that the South Korean giant has partnered with, it's hard to put a pin down on a potential partnership between dbrand and Samsung.

On the other hand, this opening could be foreshadowing the company's plan to open retail stores elsewhere in the future. Should this be the case, customers might get a first-hand experience of dbrand's available skins before ordering them online. Subsequently, this might further lend to the firm's already growing popularity.

Source: xda-developers

• By Copernic
      WindowBlinds 10.84 [Update]
      by Razvan Serea

WindowBlinds is a software utility that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Microsoft Windows. It works by applying new visual styles, also called skins, across the entire user interface (i.e. start menu, window frames, title bars, menus, buttons, taskbar, scroll bars, ...) of the operating system. As a result, you gain complete control over the way Windows looks. Select from the many skins included with WindowBlinds or choose from thousands of skins available for download at WinCustomize.com.

Features:

Apply skins to your desktop Add backgrounds, textures and colors to skins Customize title bars and buttons Choose your own skin fonts Choose from thousands of FREE skins at WinCustomize.com Windows 10/8/7 support And more! WindowBlinds 10.83 changelog:

Compatibility with Windows 10 1909 update Changes in v10.84:

Fixed option menu painting issues Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.

Download: WindowBlinds 10.84 | 54.3 MB (30-day trial - $9.99 to buy)
      View: WindowBlinds Home page

Get alerted to all of our Software updates on Twitter at @NeowinSoftware

• By Copernic
      WindowBlinds 10.82
      by Razvan Serea

WindowBlinds is a software utility that allows you to completely change the look and feel of Microsoft Windows. It works by applying new visual styles, also called skins, across the entire user interface (i.e. start menu, window frames, title bars, menus, buttons, taskbar, scroll bars, ...) of the operating system. As a result, you gain complete control over the way Windows looks. Select from the many skins included with WindowBlinds or choose from thousands of skins available for download at WinCustomize.com.

Features:

Apply skins to your desktop Add backgrounds, textures and colors to skins Customize title bars and buttons Choose your own skin fonts Choose from thousands of FREE skins at WinCustomize.com Windows 10/8/7 support And more! WindowBlinds 10.82 changelog:

For some skins, the time was not painting correctly or not showing at all For some media apps (Windows Media Player for example), the controls were being clipped on taskbar hover preview Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.

Download: WindowBlinds 10.82 | 54.3 MB (30-day trial - $9.99 to buy)

• By Copernic
      WindowBlinds 10.81
      by Razvan Serea

Features:

Apply skins to your desktop Add backgrounds, textures and colors to skins Customize title bars and buttons Choose your own skin fonts Choose from thousands of FREE skins at WinCustomize.com Windows 10/8/7 support And more! WindowBlinds 10.81 changelog (fixed issues with the Windows 10 1903 release):

Some WindowBlinds stock skins did not paint the time on the taskbar correctly Taskbar app icons were not shaded properly Taskbar app icon hover did not show the app preview popup Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.

Download: WindowBlinds 10.81 | 54.3 MB (30-day trial - $9.99 to buy)

• By Copernic
      WindowBlinds 10.80
      by Razvan Serea

Features:

Apply skins to your desktop Add backgrounds, textures and colors to skins Customize title bars and buttons Choose your own skin fonts Choose from thousands of FREE skins at WinCustomize.com Windows 10/8/7 support And more! WindowBlinds 10.80 changelog:

Improved skinning support

Compatibility with Windows 10 1903 update

Disclaimer: Neowin's relationship to Stardock.

Download: WindowBlinds 10.80 | 54.3 MB (30-day trial - $9.99 to buy)