PS4 or Xbox One?

Xbox One or Playstation 4?  

321 members have voted

1. 1. Based on what we know, which console are you looking to purchase?

Ditto what Pupik said; I edited my vote as well after I posted the question. At the time, the number of votes for that option didn't change, just the text. Not a big deal, just curious if it was an edit or a lack of coffee related act of dumbassery on my part. There were a few others, for example post #2 is still showing as both even though he says none.

Apart from changing the vote from multi vote to single vote (no point in being able to select all choices when there is a both or none option) when I first started the thread I haven't touched it, promise! :)

I'm still up in the air for both. Eventually I will get one. It is just all the exclusive titles are pretty much bland to me. The best two games that were shown IMO were The Division and Watch Dogs. Two games that aren't exclusives. Coming from the 360, XBL is amazing for group communication and etc. PSN however, kinda sucks.. so unless PSN figures out some better way to do socialization, I may have to lean towards the Xbone. The always connected and game selling/trading isn't really a big thing for me. I'm mostly connected all the time, and I hardly lend my friends my games/vice versa, and I like to keep my games. So I don't know.. I'll probably will pick up one of them depending on when Watch Dogs and The Division is out.

Based strictly on this, XBone it will be for me. Only game that I'd miss would be Infamous (totally NOT sold on the new main character).

So you're basing your entire decision on which platform to adopt by the games that we know of thus far? Seems kind of odd. What if the other platform get better services or exclusives down the line?

So you're basing your entire decision on which platform to adopt by the games that we know of thus far? Seems kind of odd. What if the other platform get better services or exclusives down the line?

Should we base our decisions by things that haven't happened? WOO I'M GONNA BUY A PS6 THEN!

Seriously, if the other platform gets good exclusives down the line, you can buy the other platform. It's not a one or nothing thing.

• Like 2

Should we base our decisions by things that haven't happened? WOO I'M GONNA BUY A PS6 THEN!

Absurd comparison. His basis is games, the system is going to have a pretty long life-span. You'd be better off waiting a little while to see which titles are announced.

Seriously, if the other platform gets good exclusives down the line, you can buy the other platform. It's not a one or nothing thing.

Not everyone is flushed with cash to buy all the platforms.

PS4 which I've already put in a preorder for. Will start considering the X1 once it drops in price more but being able to lend games to friends was the big one for me. While it's not a ton of games I do that with, I have a few friends with some different tastes in games from me and I enjoy being able to share them. I have one that lent me the God of War HD Collection and I've purchase all the other God of War games since then whereas if he hadn't it's very likely I wouldn't have bothered.

Absurd comparison. His basis is games, the system is going to have a pretty long life-span. You'd be better off waiting a little while to see which titles are announced.

What if you want the ones that already are? Seriously, everyone knows what kind of games tend to come out for X1 and PS4...and there's already more crossover than there used to be outside of MS and Sony published properties. (Forgot about Titanfall, heh. I guess that statement is a bit off, anyway.)

I can already count 8 games to get on the X1 list and maybe one or two on the PS4 list that aren't already on my PC.

Neither of them had a lot of games that interested me. It looks like it's going be another year of Generic Shooter.

I love the Killzone games, well 2 and 3 anyway, I haven't played the HD remake of Killzone 1, and the PS2 version is painful to play. It's kind of like a more visceral version of Halo for me. If you haven't played Killzone 2 and 3 though, and you have a PS3, I recommend at least renting them long enough to play through the campaign.

Xbox has 48 million subscribers on live, how much would be needed to take a dent? I am asking, cause i dont think they will lose THAT MUCH. I dont mind the xbox one much, that family plan game sharing things sounds great

+1 And the gold sharing, finally! So no more need to buy family subscriptions etc. to let multiple accounts play online in my family.

+1 And the gold sharing, finally! So no more need to buy family subscriptions etc. to let multiple accounts play online in my family.

That is a nice that they changed that. Sony is doing the same thing with PS+ which is good too.

Today in The Sun (UK tabloid. Average daily circulation of 2,409,811 copies)

ZHuwXrp.jpg

The writing is on the wall, as the old saying goes.

My mates responce...

I'm So upset lol

Xbox looks like a huge ****ing flop!

I really don't wanna go back go Sony,

I hate Playstation haha

You reckon they will fix there fuk up? They must have a back up plan

Me: They seem pretty set on going through with it at the moment, but if there is enough uproar, who knows

There seems to be plenty of uproar, they can't even defend their selves, this has got to be the worst news iv heard ever since they stopped making Cow and Chicken episodes on CITV

:rofl:

I cant believe the negativity surrounding X1. Its so strange. Maybe because I like the features MS has implemented. I dont see any downside to the TV, sharing, or instant gaming features they have implemented. I typically dont own more than one game at a time. I would always trade one in for credit towards another. You would think the DRM MS has put in have me in a fit of rage, but something changed in my gaming habits more than a few months ago. My launch 360 died, and I had to get a new slim 250GB version. Since then the only hard copy games I have owned have been given to me, all the rest have been OnDemand games. Sounds stupid right? Hell, I even overpaid on one ondemand game simply because i didnt want to drive 5 minutes to the nearest game store. Im older, so all my friends are scattered across the country, so the issue of lending isnt there. Oh, and another thing, all my gaming friends (all of us over 35) are aware of the PS4 graphic advantage, they just dont care. Maybe because we are old, but when we watched the TitanFall gameplay, not just the graphics, but the combination of action and graphics blew our mind. I didnt see anything that would give me the idea X1 was graphically inferior to PS4. It reminded us of when "Z-scaling & rotation" was pimped by Nintendo over Sega. A spec that made 0 difference to defining that generations best and most memorable games.

So ultimately i think it comes down to marketing. I expect promotions with SmartGlass w/ WP8 and WinRT/Pro tablets. I expect that more commercials will end with the little Xbox "swoosh" sound, and more sporting events to be sponsored by X1. Games will be given away for free is a gimme, but I can also imagine deals with cable companies where you can get a free X1 with new subscription or something.

I pre-ordered both before the press conferences with Zavvi (Both at ?399). After the E3 press events, I am firmly in the PS4 boat. However I haven't cancelled my Xbox One pre-order as of yet.

I cant believe the negativity surrounding X1. Its so strange. Maybe because I like the features MS has implemented. I dont see any downside to the TV, sharing, or instant gaming features they have implemented. I typically dont own more than one game at a time. I would always trade one in for credit towards another. You would think the DRM MS has put in have me in a fit of rage, but something changed in my gaming habits more than a few months ago. My launch 360 died, and I had to get a new slim 250GB version. Since then the only hard copy games I have owned have been given to me, all the rest have been OnDemand games. Sounds stupid right? Hell, I even overpaid on one ondemand game simply because i didnt want to drive 5 minutes to the nearest game store. Im older, so all my friends are scattered across the country, so the issue of lending isnt there. Oh, and another thing, all my gaming friends (all of us over 35) are aware of the PS4 graphic advantage, they just dont care. Maybe because we are old, but when we watched the TitanFall gameplay, not just the graphics, but the combination of action and graphics blew our mind. I didnt see anything that would give me the idea X1 was graphically inferior to PS4. It reminded us of when "Z-scaling & rotation" was pimped by Nintendo over Sega. A spec that made 0 difference to defining that generations best and most memorable games.

So ultimately i think it comes down to marketing. I expect promotions with SmartGlass w/ WP8 and WinRT/Pro tablets. I expect that more commercials will end with the little Xbox "swoosh" sound, and more sporting events to be sponsored by X1. Games will be given away for free is a gimme, but I can also imagine deals with cable companies where you can get a free X1 with new subscription or something.

Honestly I think Sony has played them this time around in terms of marketing and nothing more. You have to consider that MS seemed really really weak on their conferences and PR.

Talking about TV when we are in a digital download age where most teens watch things on their PCs/Laptops. This had largely to do with MS long term vision of interactive TV games etc. But they didn't communicate this to us during the reveal. And the Xbox is still a media machine in the end no matter what. This should have been treated like a bonus.

The E3 event had a good line up. Overall MS seems to have more exclusive blockbuster titles. But again they screwed up by not addressing the elephant in the room. They could have given us the same DRM story but from a different perspective without making it seem draconian. Next think you know is that not many games require DRM on both consoles but the negativity will stick.

I think this unusual negativity surrounding the Xbox One stems from the Sony PR camp. Someone tried really hard to ask the difficult questions before launch and portray the XboxOne in a certain light. One has to understand that Sony is desperate at this point. They have been in the red for 5 years and only started making a profit last month. They have lost a lot of exclusives and had to go bargain shopping for indie titles which have been in development for other platforms before hand. (we can go into details but you only have to check the list on the main page and count the titles without asterisks)

The same questions were not asked about the PS4 in the same amount of detail. Only now the topic of DRM is getting more under the loop attention ie. from a publisher point of view.

Either way... good moves by Sony and a total wreck in the MS block.

One does not simply construct a whole other team for the TV aspect of the box and let them display during the reveal conference. This was pure arrogance, bureaucracy between 2 divisions within MS.

Honestly I think Sony has played them this time around in terms of marketing and nothing more. You have to consider that MS seemed really really weak on their conferences and PR.

For now, but Im betting by the time Black Friday rolls around that MS will...MUST...saturate the TV with X1 exclusives, or "on x1 first" game commercials

One does not simply construct a whole other team for the TV aspect of the box and let them display during the reveal conference. This was pure arrogance, bureaucracy between 2 divisions within MS.

Meh, they would have been savaged by videogamers no matter what at that event.

I didn't see any reason to get the xbox one over the ps4. The ps4 has slightly more powerful hardware and costs 100 dollars less. I don't care about the xbox's kinnect and tv stuff, so ps4 seems like a no brainer to me.

Voted both, Xbox already per-ordered, ps4 will be ordered soon. All the DRM stuff with Xbox doesn't bother me, but I am concerned that market share could/will be hurt and then ultimately developers go with the market leader instead of both.

So then I buy a PS4 in the future.

Really though, what ****ing difference does it make why I chose one way or the other. :s