Terminator 5 could film next year

Paramount Pictures looks like it's going to be the new home of The Terminator as The Wrap reports that Annapurna and Skydance are negotiating with the studio to team on the next entry in the blockbuster franchise.

As reported earlier this year, Patrick Lussier and Laeta Kalogridis are teaming up to script the next installment. Lussier directed Drive Angry and My Bloody Valentine 3D while Kalogridis penned Shutter Island and did some script work on James Cameron's Avatar.

Arnold Schwarzenegger himself recently confirmed that he intends to be involved in the new film, which marks the franchise's fifth big screen entry.

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=105384

My staff suggestions:

Director: James Cameron

Producers: James Cameron/Gale Anne Hurd

Writers: James Cameron/Gale Anne Hurd/William Wisher, Jr.

Music: Brad Fiedel

Cinematography: Adam Greenberg

You can't go wrong with the above.

• Like 3

Paramount Pictures Reportedly Close to Terminator Movie Deal

The studio behind the Star Trek and Transformers film franchises.

The Terminator franchise may have found a new home.

terminator-5-schwarzenegger-img.jpg

Paramount Pictures is reportedly close to a deal with Megan Ellison's Annapurna Pictures and David Ellison's Skydance Productions to distribute the long-gestatingTerminator 5, which could commence production as early as next year once a director is hired.

Laeta Kalogridis and Patrick Lussier wrote the most recent draft of the T5 script. Arnold Schwarzenegger has been linked with the sequel for some time now.

Director Justin Lin had been attached to the project at one point before dropping out to work on Fast & Furious 6.

According to TheWrap, "Megan Ellison spent more than $20 million to acquire rights tothe Terminator series in May 2011, which comes with a ticking clock attached, as new copyright laws allow for North American rights to revert back to creator James Cameronin 2019, 35 years after the original 1984 movie."

He will need a LOT of makeup to look as sleek again. But I'm glad of his coming back to movies.

I actually think they did a good job in Tron Legacy. If they can further improve the technology it could be workable.

He will need a LOT of makeup to look as sleek again. But I'm glad of his coming back to movies.

Or he could be cast as a crazy old scientist guy instead of a terminator.

I felt so bad for Christian Bale when he did T:S, he was told it would be a serous prequel to the films and then McG ****ing ruins it by making it a kiddies film, So bale is acting seriously like he's in a serious film and so it just doesn't fit well at all.

They could have made an amazing film if they used Bale right, such a shame.

• Like 2

I really don't understand all the hate for Salvation. I thought it was a really well done movie; better then rise of the machines.

Agreed

I really don't understand all the hate for Salvation. I thought it was a really well done movie; better then rise of the machines.

Everything was better than Rise of the Machines.

Or he could be cast as a crazy old scientist guy instead of a terminator.

Ahnold as a scientist? :s

I've curled out steaming craps that were better than Rise Of The Machines (except the last say 15 minutes, which was an intriguing setup).

I personally enjoyed Salvation. There's a lot wrong with it, but I liked it.

I also loved where Sarah Connor Chronicles was headed at the end of season 2.

I felt so bad for Christian Bale when he did T:S, he was told it would be a serous prequel to the films and then McG ****ing ruins it by making it a kiddies film, So bale is acting seriously like he's in a serious film and so it just doesn't fit well at all.

They could have made an amazing film if they used Bale right, such a shame.

Salvation was never a prequel :p It was set in 2018, well after the events of Rise of the Machines but yes i could so agree with you that McG did ruin it to make it PG-13 but then saying that Rise of the Machines was for kids too which ruined it for me.

God I loved that show, the last few episodes were great TV :)

Yeah I miss that show, stupid low ratings :(