PS4 grabs 95% of Consumer Votes after Amazon shuts poll down early

Yes, but in the past when 4chan have trolled online polls they don't only voted once, they create hundreds of accounts and vote hundreds of times.

There needs to be a citation for that, Microsoft has been using reddit to mass downvote comments for negative reactions toward Xbox One, so if you're going to defend them explain why it's acceptable when a corporation can do it .

So Steam is a DRM ad service?

Not that we're talking about Steam.

I don't use Steam but if they do have any restrictions on the way the licenses are used, I would place it in the same category.

There needs to be a citation for that

Go on 4chan when they're organizing a poll to troll and you'll see plenty of comments from people listing that they've voted hundreds of times. However, I didn't even claim this poll was trolled by them, I only said take online polls with a pinch of salt. I assume you think these are perfectly legitimate votes? http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/121097-4chan-Powers-Kim-Jong-Un-in-Times-Person-of-the-Year-Poll

A few days prior to his victory, the group used a script to cast votes so that the first letter of each candidate's name spelled out "KJUGASCHAMBERS." The user who created the script told The Daily Dot that the phrase was chosen because it's clever, referenced Hitler and "wasn't as childish as our second choice of KFCBUTTSEX."

Microsoft has been using reddit to mass downvote comments for negative reactions toward Xbox One, so if you're going to defend them explain why it's acceptable when a corporation can do it .

It's absolutely not acceptable for a corporation to do it... but do you have any proof Microsoft have done that? No, only a comment from one "anonymous reddit user".

I'm not defending anyone, I don't care about any company enough to defend/attack one, simply offering a different viewpoint.

I would say the numbers are too skewed to be real, looks like some people were multi voting. That would also explain why they took it down early.

Why is that nonsense actually ? Because you don't agree ?

No, because there's a lot of noise and little signal around the whole situation right now. There's very little hard evidence that this move will actually drastically impact sales. Random internet polls only ask one question and it doens't come close to telling the whole story about people's reactions or habits or what they're really thinking. History is almost the only thing you can rely on right now, and Sony had a PR mess and turned out fine with PS3. Valve had a mess when Steam first came out and they're doing fine. Nothing Microsoft is doing drastically affects most people (and they have hard data to prove that, I assure you), so if you actually get past blind hate, you get to a point where you realize not much is going to change.

Short answer: It's nonsense because it's a lot of noise that doesn't really give any real information.

There needs to be a citation for that, Microsoft has been using reddit to mass downvote comments for negative reactions toward Xbox One, so if you're going to defend them explain why it's acceptable when a corporation can do it .

So reddit debunking that stupid fake rumor isn't enough for people to stop spreading that FUD. 

Short answer: It's nonsense because it's a lot of noise that doesn't really give any real information.

Oh, I agree. It still seems a huge PR stumble for Microsoft but no one will really know how bad it is until the console is released and the numbers are counted. I suspect it's going to hurt some, though. I know several people who have an Xbox 360 who have heard the news and pre-ordered a PS4 instead. 

Oh, I agree. It still seems a huge PR stumble for Microsoft but no one will really know how bad it is until the console is released and the numbers are counted. I suspect it's going to hurt some, though. I know several people who have an Xbox 360 who have heard the news and pre-ordered a PS4 instead. 

We will find out eventually. But this all is still negatively affecting the XBO, keep in mind most people think much simpler on this issue. They hear the forced DRM 24hour check in or it will become a useless brick. Which is quite true as well for a lot of gamers. This will hurt sales for sure. The PS3/360 generation, you could see at the end of PS2/Xbox generation that the next generation would've been close, unknown which would win altho most thought Sony would. And turned out, Microsoft and Sony pretty much tied globally.

I am unaware of people in the US and I kinda assume many will stay brand loyal, mainly since an american product (this can even be subconsiously with many people). But here in NL/EU, neither console has any home-advantage. And with PS4 getting upto 750million potential customers at launch day, XBO will have only ~150million potential customers. With the sh*t you hear and see everywhere, where 'the internet' is clearly favoring Sony for the next generation.....

Unless Microsoft changes, they will lose the EU market, lose any traction they had on asian market. And even in the US it might not become the dominating console.

Its quite safe to assume at this point, even without consoles beeing launched yet. That it greatly favors Sony. It has done damage to Microsoft, they can try to safe some of it by changing their policies or something... but Microsoft often crawls back AFTER launching their products and are stubborn, as their history has shown.

Sony had to step up their game from their PS3. That thing SUCKED until 2009. Honestly. I don't think anyone who played/owned both would say the PS3 was better than the 360 in terms of snappiness.

PS3 is still not a fast system, but a hell of a lot faster. At launch there was no in-game XMB and just wow. poorly thought out. Glitchy low-framerate games, 6-8gb installations taking 30 minutes and 3 min load times were normal just so the thing was smooth.. Developers were complaining Cell was horrible to develop on, constant huge update downloads from slow servers showing little to no actual system improvement, and can't beat the $700 price point. 

Sony seems to have got their head back in the game with their Vita experiment (DRM & Digital on a tiny system never took off) and hopefully they will bring the PS4 back to what the PS2 was in its day. Leaving consumer choice. All the systems are developing on the X86/64 arch too, meaning all games should run on any platform easily. Only the hardware like kinect/eye/accessories being different.

So Steam is a DRM ad service?

Steam also has great sales, a offline mode and last time i looked, there were no product ads apart from games on there service. Please would people stop comparing steam and xboxOne.

Steam has great sales due to competition on the platform - Origin/Green Man Gaming & all the other digital selling sites/Humble Indie Bundle/Plain old DRM free downloads/etc.

Consoles have no competition at all within their closed environment and hardware.

Amazon sales say it all even if you guys think the poll was not right.

even if we cant count actual number from amazon the sales is showing positive towards PS4

http://www.amazon.com/best-sellers-video-games/zgbs/videogames

Top 1: PS4 standard edition

Top 2: Xbox One

Top 3: PS3 Game

Top 4: PS4 with game bundle

Top 5: PS4 with game bundle

Top 6: PS4 with game bundle

Top 8: PS4 with game bundle

Top 9: PS4 Controller

Steam has great sales due to competition on the platform - Origin/Green Man Gaming & all the other digital selling sites/Humble Indie Bundle/Plain old DRM free downloads/etc.

Consoles have no competition at all within their closed environment and hardware.

There were plenty of sales on Xbox 360 digital games when I had one.  IIRC some you had to be a Gold member for, some you didn't.  Not sure, been a while.

Steam also has great sales, a offline mode and last time i looked, there were no product ads apart from games on there service. Please would people stop comparing steam and xboxOne.

"Great sales" as in special offers? How do you know Xbox One won't offer more of those?

Xbox One works offline too. Just like Steam, it needs to phone home periodically to see if required updates are available. We don't know yet what the ad experience will be like on Xbox One, but most Xbox dashboard ads are for games today.

They're similar internet-based digital distribution platforms for games. Of course people are going to compare them.

"Great sales" as in special offers? How do you know Xbox One won't offer more of those?

Xbox One works offline too. Just like Steam, it needs to phone home periodically to see if required updates are available. We don't know yet what the ad experience will be like on Xbox One, but most Xbox dashboard ads are for games today.

They're similar internet-based digital distribution platforms for games. Of course people are going to compare them.

Last time look at steam big sale, it was like 75% of most titles. Thats never going to happen with XboxLive. And xboxOne "offline" isnt really "offline" if you need to connect to the interent once a day. With steam when you go offline it can be for good! none of this once a day thing.

Yes, that's the reason it needs to phone home....  :rolleyes:

Yes, that's the reason it needs to phone home....  :rolleyes:

It's a license check, big ######ing deal.  It's similar to KMS activation with Windows.