Selma Blair possibly gone from 'Anger Management'

Selma Blair possibly gone from 'Anger Management' due to rift with Charlie Sheen

selma-blair-possibly-gone-from-anger-man

FX comedy Anger Management has had a rough go of it lately. The sitcom marked Charlie Sheen's triumphant return to television after very public battles with producer Chuck Lorre got him booted from the cast of CBS' 'Two and a Half Men'. The initial ten episode season did quite well, triggering an automatic pick-up of 90 additional episodes by the network. Unfortunately, season two has seen ratings dip to the point that the series was shipped off to FOX in order to gain more exposure. Things aren't about to get any better for the struggling comedy, if a recent report by TMZ is to be believed.

Selma Blair, who portrays Sheen's love interest on the show, is apparently none too happy with her co-star's work habits. She's so unhappy in fact, that the report claims she went to 'Anger Management' executives to voice her concerns. Blair's complaints are that Sheen is constantly late and has a poor work ethic in general. Word evidently got around to Sheen himself, who wasn't pleased, and that's putting it mildly.

Charlie (who is also an executive producer on the series) is said to have fired the actress outright, and insisted to 'Anger Management' brass that they give him their full support in his decision. The bad blood is so strong that Sheen allegedly threatened to stop production if Blair showed up to set yesterday. No confirmation is yet available as to whether that ended up happening. For their part, FX is hoping the whole thing blows over and both actors return to work.

http://www.tvrage.com/news/7255/selma-blair-possibly-gone-from-anger-management-due-to-rift-with-charlie-sheen

Charlie Sheen Fired Selma Blair From ?Anger Management? Via Text, Show To Continue Production As Scheduled

I?ve learned more details about Selma Blair?s shocking dismissal from Anger Management. I hear Charlie Sheen ?fired? her via text, in which he called the actress a ?c?t?. And it was not the only abusive, expletives-filled text she had received from Sheen, who also serves as an executive producer on Anger Management. I also hear that Blair was not the only memCharlie Sheen Selma Blair Anger Management Feudber of the show?s cast and crew that was frustrated by Sheen?s work habits as I hear they would often sit and wait for hours for him to show up for work. Although it was Blair voicing her concerns that got Sheen to flip out and get her sacked. I hear Blair?s role as Charlie?s therapist will not be recast. Probably not coincidentally, I hear the series just sent out a notice about a new female regular who is expected to fill the void left by Blair. The producers likely will use Blair?s exit for another creative makeover following the recent tweaking following Anger Management?s sagging ratings. But, while the show took an unplanned hiatus for the recent creative retool, it is now expected to stay in production as scheduled, with the writers making changes prompted by Blair?s departure on the fly. Anger Management is roughly halfway through its 100-episode order from FX. As for Blair, word is that she is being paid per her contract and no legal action is in the cards, at least not for now.

http://www.deadline.com/2013/06/future-of-anger-management-co-star-selma-blair-in-limbo-over-falling-out-with-charlie-sheen/

Sheen reportedly already has his eye on a replacement for Blair: Mila Kunis. Sheen has extended an offer to Kunis to guest-star on Anger Management for 10 episodes, at a rate of $1 million per episode, TMZ reports. 

http://www.tvguide.com/

Seems to have been on the cards for a few episodes, since she stopped being the slutty "friends with benefits" the show has gone down hill dramatically, and become almost boring.

It's a shame he fired someone that can actually act.

He should fire Shawnee Smith, every line of hers have seemed forced during the 2nd season

firing someone via text? glad to see Charlie acted like an adult about it...

'Anger Management' looking to add a "sexy" and "neurotic" actress to the line-up

anger-management-looking-to-add-a-sexy-a

Out with the old, and in with the new. After Selma Blair exited ?Anger Management? without warning on Tuesday, the series has been forced to search for her replacement. The new role will begin as a multi-episode guest arc with the potential to turn into a series regular. FX has released a breakdown of what they are looking for in this replacement woman.

"If Charlie and Kate were like Sam and Diane on Cheers, then you are Rebecca. Tough, career driven, neurotic and you wear your heart on your sleeve. And you hate yourself for eventually becoming attracted to Charlie.? The role calls for a woman who is ?gorgeous, sexy? and Latina or Caucasian in her 30s or 40s. This yet-to-be named woman will be Sheen?s co-author on the book created from the sex study research Sheen and Kate were working on before Blair left the series.

Blair was reportedly dismissed from the show earlier this week by Sheen through a crass text message in which he called her a ?c---?. That level of maturity, in my opinion, is on par with breaking up with someone through a text message. Sheen and Blair had a tense working relationship, stemming from the actresses open questioning of Sheen?s work ethic on the series.

It's a comedy show, beats two and a half men for sure.

I'll check it out. I liked two and a half men.. when Charlie was there. 

Blair was reportedly dismissed from the show earlier this week by Sheen through a crass text message in which he called her a ?c---?. 

Why would any woman want to work with him?

It's a shame he fired someone that can actually act.

He should fire Shawnee Smith, every line of hers have seemed forced during the 2nd season

firing someone via text? glad to see Charlie acted like an adult about it...

True she can't act at all but when someone looks like that then it does not matter.

936full-shawnee-smith.jpg