Ryan Reynolds exits 'Highlander' reboot

Ryan Reynolds has departed Summit?s Highlander reboot. This leaves the picture without either a lead actor or a director, as Juan Carlos Fresnadillo exited last year citing creative differences. Producers Neal Moritz and Peter Davis had been searching for a replacement director with Reynolds waiting in the wings. This comes as a clean slate of sorts with the studio now able to search for a new leading man and a compatible director. As The Wrap reports, Reynolds would have played ?Connor MacLeod, an immortal Scottish swordsman forced to confront the Kurgan, a brutal barbarian who lusts for the fabled ?Prize.?? Reynolds will next be heard voicing the lead character in DreamWorks Animation?s Turbo, followed by a live-action role opposite Jeff Bridges in R.I.P.D., opening the same week.

http://collider.com/ryan-reynolds-exits-highlander-reboot/

^Same here! I always enjoyed it while watching it with my dad and brothers!

as weird as its sound, I prefer the Highlander TV series (featuring Adrian Paul) than the movies.

the best.  one of my favorite series from my teenage years!   the movies were not even close (except the first one)

I like Ryan Reynolds but he seemed like an odd choice for that kind of movie. So for the best, maybe?

Absolutely agree. I can't see Reynolds in a role like this, he is more of a comedy/rom-com type of actor.. Perhaps he realised that too.