Best Wireless Mouse Option

I am looking to get a wireless mouse, wondering my options.

I currently have an old Logitech G5 mouse. I had the first generation Razer Mamba, which I loved, but battery did not hold a charge (believe it was a dud).

So my main concern is the battery of course, I want the longest lasting battery out there. What are my options? I heard of the Marathon Mouse, but is it good for gaming at all?

What type of mouse you want? number of buttons?

I'd go with anything Logitech. But that's just me, as I have 6 Logitech wireless mice, all various brands. None of them are gaming mice, though.

If it had a charging dock, now that would be better than switching out batteries every few months. I have to swap out batteries of my M305 mouse maybe evey other month, my K250 keyboard I change about twice a year.

Number of buttons don't matter, its about DPI, and battery life for me.

I don't game all that much, but need something that can perform in game decent enough.

Either the Marathon or the Performance MX would work for you. 

I use a microsoft mouse, "Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000", and on the charge side of thing, I don't even remember last time I changed the batteries!

Thanks guys.

I guess the Marathon mouse is cheap enough, if it's no good, not the end of the world, plus in that time I could probably return :)

Number of buttons don't matter, its about DPI, and battery life for me.

I don't game all that much, but need something that can perform in game decent enough.

I use to be a "pro gamer" with a ball mouse. Even after laser mouse's came out, mostly because I was poor. DPI doesn't change your skill level. Just say'n oh and the Marathon mouse doesn't really give you much for your money. It looks like a mom mouse. Just say'n :/

The G700s has an option to turn off the laser when not in use, however it will last just a couple of days, not months and months like other non-gaming wireless mouses.

Logitech M570

If you at some point get the matching wireless KB it uses the same USB device, good battery life about every 2 to 3 months single AA.

I have a Logitech M705 that I use at work 9 hours a day.  It uses 2 AA batteries and I've had it for almost 4 months now and have yet to change the batteries.  Some of these Logitech mice get crazy good battery life.

I've got the Marathon Mouse and love it. First mouse that I've had that feels both comfortable and effortless to move. Actually on my second one and will stick with it as long as Logitech keep making them. I went from a G5 to the Marathon Mouse years ago, mostly because the wire on the G5 was driving me nuts (it got caught on everything because it wouldn't "forget" the folding from when it had been packaged), but I wanted something with a similar shape as it was a very comfortable mouse.

Batteries need changing once a year, at most (and it is in use at least 8 hours a day). The Marathon Mouse is quite incredible on that front. I can't say I've ever noticed problems with sensitivity or response compared to the G5, although I'm not into PC gaming to the point where I think I'd notice a difference. I certainly didn't when I went to the G5.

Thanks everyone.

I am picking up the K750 Solar Keyboard, so I think the Marathon Mouse will go very nice with it.

The only concern is how it is in gaming, but its not the end of the world if it is bad, cause I really don't game enough to complain. Supposedly, the DPI on it is faster then my fastest mode on my old G5, so I think I will be good lol

Ok, I have been looking around a bit more, and it's between the M705 and the m510 mouse.

Which one do you guys think is better overall?

@OP

Before you buy any mouse especially logitech, check if anyone has previously observed double-clicking issue.

M510 has it. - http://forums.logitech.com/t5/Mice-and-Pointing-Devices/Performance-MX-mouse-double-clicking/td-p/591328/page/3

M705 - Not sure but it might have.

I have M905 I got a brand new box packed replacement but after a month it started giving me troubles again.

I tried all the fixes so far except modifying the hardware. It seems logitech has a design flaw maybe.

Check the relevant links, I don't think I would be going for logitech's Mxxx range again.

http://www.wincert.net/tips/hardware/2684-logitech-mouse-double-click-issues

http://www.experienceit.pl/download - Brilliant software it does work 

http://www.overclockers.com/mouse-clicking-troubles-diy-repair/

I must say I do like the M905 and I really wished it didn't have double-click issue. It just makes it unusable.

Well thanks Stark, now what am I suppose to do.

The M series are the only ones that have great battery, and are relatively cheap.

If you are looking for good battery,

then Microsoft Wireless Mouse 5000 would be good like FrancoisC suggested here, it has 8 months battery life.

or you can go for this Logitech Zone Touch Mouse  it has 18 months battery life and won't have double click issue I think.

As the double-clicking issue is mainly because of the click mechanism which is not here exactly.

Also this one operates like traditional mousebut just has touch surface unlike T620.

I had the M705 for a couple of years and I don't recall having any clicking or tracking issues with it, however what I really hated and made me switch to another mouse was that dust and hair would get in the wheel way too often and prevented it from working properly. I never had the same issue on my older Microsoft mouses that didn't leave so many wide gaps around the wheel.

Also now that I think about it the batteries I tried with that mouse (Eneloops and IKEA batteries) didn't make very good contact, or maybe contacts oxidized over time, but sometimes the mouse disconnected/reconnected during use because of that.

Does Logitech make the M705 anymore?

Seems like a great device, is there a newer alternative?