Under The Dome

Ratings dropped a bit for Episode 2 but I enjoyed it, so water can get through!

Episode 2 wasn't as good as #1 but still pretty good for network TV. Are we all just going to pretend one of Barbie's dog tags is missing?  :/   Yes, of course it got buried with the good doctor.  :huh:  

If its just a doom than just dig under the doom to get to the other side. duh. Doom = half sphere

Ugh, at least try to spell dome correctly.

Most annoying characters: the dumb ass Reverend and Junior, oh and that dumbass cop who seemed to lose it after one day.. nice, stable character for law enforcement!  :rolleyes:

Looks promising though.

• Like 2

oh and that dumbass cop who seemed to lose it after one day.. nice, stable character for law enforcement!  :rolleyes:

That's a typical American gun nut though. Gotta prepare for when the ###### goes down!

Episode 2 wasn't as good as #1 but still pretty good for network TV. Are we all just going to pretend one of Barbie's dog tags is missing?  :/   Yes, of course it got buried with the good doctor.  :huh:  

*isn't missing.

The 2nd episode was ok. Nothing like the first one, though.

I just wonder how long the show can actually last, I think 2 seasons max

Indeed. I do not believe that they could stretch it for beyond that, but we never know, especially if ratings are good, and advertisement money comes in high. They might want to go make a 3rd and 4th seasons.

Thought the first episode was decent, but the 2nd episode was kind of bad. Acting was pretty terrible in some scenes. lol, orange haired emo girl "It means we're all going to die" DUN DUN DUN. Maybe I'll watch episode 3, I dunno. 

Ugh, at least try to spell dome correctly.

How did that happen? I wasn't drunk or high. Maybe I was just distracted. I know how to spell dome but instead I typed doom. Trust me this rarely happens to me if at all. I find it strange that I didn't notice it. Thanks for pointing it out or I would of never known. oh well, I find it entertaining.

If its just a dome they should just dig under the dome to get to the other side. duh. Dome = half sphere

I didn't like the first episode and I made the mistake of reading the plot of the book after watching episode 1. :P Doubt this will stay longer than 2 seasons. I'll probably wait until the end of the first season and see your take on this show.

I noticed hair moving in the breeze. Where is the wind coming from if they are under a dome?

I noticed hair moving in the breeze. Where is the wind coming from if they are under a dome?

Through the dome. In the 2nd episode they established (see fire hose scene) that the dome isn't 100% dense and does allow a little bit through. At least that's how I understood it.

• Like 2

Seems pretty promising so far but series like this have a tendency to go down hill rapidly. It was better than I was expecting.

Seems pretty promising so far but series like this have a tendency to go down hill rapidly. It was better than I was expecting.

We have Spielberg on-board, so hopefully it won't go downhill too quickly.

Holy ****. Episode 2 was the worst diarrhea dump i've seen on tv in a long time. It made the first episode of Dexter season 8 look Emmy worthy. Steven Spielberg should be embarrassed having his name on that piece of trash.

Holy ****. Episode 2 was the worst diarrhea dump i've seen on tv in a long time. It made the first episode of Dexter season 8 look Emmy worthy. Steven Spielberg should be embarrassed having his name on that piece of trash.

It's not over until they string two in a row that bad. I'm still disappointed in the whole dog tag thing though, weak, very weak.

Why do you think he was walking out in the forest... he was retracing his steps to the burial site. 

Why do you think he was walking out in the forest... he was retracing his steps to the burial site. 

I know, it's just way too predictable, and silly that he wouldn't realize it when it happened. We all know where it is, buried with the body, lol. Just too cheesy. Poorly written and executed IMO. If it went down like that in the book, then blame it on Stephen.

It doesn't need to be less obvious,it just needs to cause him to have to wander around in the forest at night a lot and eventually have to dig up the body, the lost dog tag isn't so important as what it causes.

It doesn't need to be less obvious,it just needs to cause him to have to wander around in the forest at night a lot and eventually have to dig up the body, the lost dog tag isn't so important as what it causes.

See, way too predictable. The show still has potential, but it definitely needs to get better. It's only episode 2.

See, way too predictable. The show still has potential, but it definitely needs to get better. It's only episode 2.

How is it predictable. it's a storytelling mechanism. the lost tag is itself irrelevant, it's merely a tool to get him out. what happens when he's out is as of yet unpredictable.

it would be predictable, if the sheriff discovered the grave and found his tag, though he's dead, or the town councilman guy discovered it and used it to make the guy work for/with him, granted that could still happen. 

All these so called "tools" of storytelling are merely tools and are only predictable if they are used in the same way they have been before, if they're just used as a mechanism to launch another storytelling tool then the predictability is no longer there.

of course at this point it's to early to tell if they'll go the predictable route or not, but all indications are they won't. 

and that they will use his search for the tag merely as a mechanism to get him into other situations. though chances are knowing it's King that when he eventually decides to dig up the grave he'll find someone already did and removed the tag... but maybe not... as I said, at this point it's to early to call it predictable. 

How is it predictable. it's a storytelling mechanism. the lost tag is itself irrelevant, it's merely a tool to get him out. what happens when he's out is as of yet unpredictable.

it would be predictable, if the sheriff discovered the grave and found his tag, though he's dead, or the town councilman guy discovered it and used it to make the guy work for/with him, granted that could still happen. 

All these so called "tools" of storytelling are merely tools and are only predictable if they are used in the same way they have been before, if they're just used as a mechanism to launch another storytelling tool then the predictability is no longer there.

of course at this point it's to early to tell if they'll go the predictable route or not, but all indications are they won't. 

and that they will use his search for the tag merely as a mechanism to get him into other situations. though chances are knowing it's King that when he eventually decides to dig up the grave he'll find someone already did and removed the tag... but maybe not... as I said, at this point it's to early to call it predictable. 

Nevermind the details. I find the whole dog tag line, poorly written and predictable making for a show I won't continue, can't continue to watch if it continues to be written so poorly. That's cheap. Not Stephen King/Spieldberg quality.

If the next show displays same quality, by my standards, I personally won't keep watching. I'll wait till the season is over and Netflix it.

That's about it for me. I'll stay up to date on this thread to see if it gets better as the season progresses.