Gainward GF3 Ti200

Since I'm new to the whole Nvidia scene.. I am going to purchase a Gainward GeForce3 Ti200. Now does that mean I should install Detonator drivers or do I have to use the drivers Gainward will give me?

but I can also achieve stability from the Dets cant I? It's not like I'll crash every 5 minutes...

and NVMax is the proggie Im gonna want to OC my Nvidia card? nice.

LoL, I dont plan on burnin' it... but I definately want to get above the standard GF3 speeds, and maybe above the Ti500 speeds. I'll be precautious to make sure I dont fry it.

Okay, thats what Ive been readin.. stick with the 22.80s for now until a newer Det is released. Has there been any specific boards that seem to cause problems with the 23.11/12 drivers or anything? Ive got an Intel based board, so who knows eh?

I'm using the 23.11 with my visiontek ti200 with a minor problem, but other than that, it works fine for me. I have played a few games, from Quake (all 3) to Emperor for Dune with no errors at all. So maybe I'm just lucky. I did try the higher numbered Dets but had more problems (BSOD loops, graphic shearing in some games, etc), so I'm sticking with 23.11.

The minor BSOD problem is when I fast switch to another user. I don't know why it does this but since I share this comp with two other people, it can prove annoying. The only difference between each user is one of us uses the classis theme and the two others uses XP styles.

I also hate the fact my monitor quickly shuts off then back on when changing users; though I am not sure if it's the video card or what.

Slightly off topic here, but i'm looking to building my own PC in the next few weeks/months. I pretty much settled on a geforce 3 but is the extra ?150 worth it for the Ti500 over the Ti200?

Its gonna be on combo with either a p4 2.2 or XP2000+