[vs] ReButz2

Hi Brewman,

Excellent VS. Well balanced colors & fonts. I like very much how the inactive windows are distinguished from the active one. Graphical elements are sober but highly efficient.

I hope you will still maintain this excellent VS. If you don't mind a comment, I think that text doesn't contrast well with the background in the task bar and start menu. Is it because of the font?

• 1 month later...

:whistle: Rebutz 2 is simply awesome work - no two ways about it. I first discovered Brewman's art in Rebutz SS (VS). Then I stumbled on to Rebutz 2 while snooping around on a related Windowsblinds site. I wondered if there was a simple VS version of Rebutz 2 out. Imagine my surprise when I found you guys here. I've tried so many XP themes/VS and some are definitely eye candy but after you take them around the block for a bit, they don't always hold up to scrutiny. Glitches, button text hard to read, other text in other areas hard to read, refuses to display correctly in more than one appilication, etc. Rebutz SS and Rebutz 2 is quiet elegance and pleasing to the eyes. Classy! I needed to tell the author that his efforts are much appreciated.

One academic question here regarding skinning for XP:

I notice (this includes the Rebutz series) after I adjust a VS to my liking and then save it (Save As) to a .theme file in My Documents - later when coming back to the Theme thru Theme tab in Display Proerties THAT the VS displays slightly differently than if I were to load the original VS through the Appearance tab.

Example: In Rebutz 2 Dusk, I'm not fond of the 135,135,135 for Hilight (Selected Items). I prefer 85,91,102. I make the change in Appearance/Advanced and apply. Great. Now after selecting my favorite wallpaper, pointer settings, system sound scheme, etc., I SAVE AS from the THEME TAB to create a .theme file in My Documents. Cool so far. Everything is just slick UNTIL I move to another Theme and then later come back to my newly created Rebutz 2 Theme. Rebutz 2 comes up in all of its splendor - except now the menubar does not hilight at all on selected text. Instead there is a raised shadow for mouseover or depressed shadow for selected BUT the menubar color behind menu text item selected remains 222,222,222 (in other words, no color hilight at all until the pointer moves down to the actual opened menu - then normal hilight returns. NOW I CAN TELL YOU THIS. I can load any VS (including Rebutz 2) and make changes like the one I mentioned above) and Windows XP will remember the settings and the VS will display precisely no matter how many times I log off or reboot. But as soon as I try to create a .theme file and load the VS from a .theme file, the above annoyance occurs. Any ideas, please?