PS4?s digital library lets you play games anywhere

You are the one that brought it off topic by erroneously claiming PS4 is 30fps and X1 is ALL 60fps, most of the X1 games/demos were 30fps.

You are asking why a racing simulator doesn't have dynamic weather and lighting?

Do people not race at night or in the rain?

No, I used it to back up a claim around the software libaries on the PS4. You took the flame bait.

Different weather conditions have never been in Forza. I'll say it before and I'll say it again, I'd rather them focus on the accuracy of the game. They've stated many times why they don't include weather conditions.

So now you are proven wrong that not ALL X1 games are 60FPS when in fact most are 30FPS it was all a clever ruse on your part to save face for someone to take flame bait.

No Personal Attacks or Retaliation 

Personal attacks such as instigating "flame bait", verbal abuse, mocking or sexist remarks of members in posts are not tolerated at Neowin. Such posts will be deleted on sight or moderated accordingly.

Flame baiting is against the rules.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-hands-on-with-xbox-one Forza also has terrible pop-in and out for rear view mirror and it uses pre-baked lighting which is why there is no day/night cycle and no weather, there is no damage to cars either.

Not sure if trolling or deliberately stupid. I've gotta put you on my ignore list now you're far to fan boyish to ever be taken seriously

Why am I trolling or stupid, read the articles, they are using pre-baked lighting in the cloud so they can hit 60fps. X1 doesn't have the power in the box to do 1080p60

So now you are proven wrong that not ALL X1 games are 60FPS when in fact most are 30FPS it was all a clever ruse on your part to save face for someone to take flame bait.

You never proved me wrong, I worded my statement incorrectly. My original statement still stands.

Also the fact of the matter is that this thread is about a feature which has been available since 2005, which is misleading PR.

Yeah, because you are innocent of doing that.  You stir up trouble all the time so don't plead the victim.

For example:

"X1 doesn't have the power in the box to do 1080p60"

:rolleyes:

Why am I trolling or stupid, read the articles, they are using pre-baked lighting in the cloud so they can hit 60fps. X1 doesn't have the power in the box to do 1080p60

Id just like to say BF4, Dice has confirmed xbox one BF4 will run 60Fps and 1080P(I cant seem to find an article on this, so i may be wrong on that), as well as 64 man multi, so yes it can do 60FPS

Article is right here

Also here is another article that says Cod Ghosts will run on 60FPS and 1080P so yea Xbox one can handle 60FPS and 1080P (here)

BF4 will run at 720p60, not 1080p.

CoD ghosts will run at 1080p60 on both consoles because again of its prebaked lighting, low poly models and low resolution textures.

30546_03_activision_used_a_fake_lighting

Case in point, sun ahead of you but light shafts from the left, herp derp.

Yeah, because you are innocent of doing that.  You stir up trouble all the time so don't plead the victim.

For example:

"X1 doesn't have the power in the box to do 1080p60"

:rolleyes:

That's not flame bait, its fact.

If PS4 can't do it then X1 doesn't have a chance without faking lighting or downgrading assets.

You never proved me wrong, I worded my statement incorrectly. My original statement still stands.

Also the fact of the matter is that this thread is about a feature which has been available since 2005, which is misleading PR.

I can't be held accountable for your poorly worded post.

What you said was that PS4 games only ran at 30FPS and "ALL" X1 games ran at 60FPS.

You are the one that brought it off topic by erroneously claiming PS4 is 30fps and X1 is ALL 60fps, most of the X1 games/demos were 30fps.

You are asking why a racing simulator doesn't have dynamic weather and lighting?

Do people not race at night or in the rain?

Track races outside of 24 hour races don't last long enough for day to night cycles to make any sense. And as I recall Forza 5 will have rain and other such weather. 

The promised rate of visual feedback is 60fps, and it holds true to precisely that. The game appears v-synced on just about every race we saw, but we did notice one person experiencing terrible tearing - likely because he was playing using a different viewpoint. We took the very same demo booth and had no such problems from cockpit view. Reflections in the rear-view mirror, plus those on the car exterior and passing shop windows, update at essentially half the rate (30fps) of the rest of the game - an effect that was dynamic in nature on Forza 4, returning to full-rate when the rendering budget permitted.

I fixed your highlight, to the important section of this, you seemed to have missed it. 

and the rest of your quotes seem to mostly be "perceived" subjective opinions. 

Wow. You guys really know how to stay on topic. Arguing over unfinished games. I can't wait for the consoles to come out so a lot of this stupid mess that is this pre-console war cluster**** can die down and more people spend their time actually playing games and not talking about them...which actually most of them don't talk about, they talk about the system that too, isn't finished.

• Like 2

Wow. You guys really know how to stay on topic. Arguing over unfinished games. I can't wait for the consoles to come out so a lot of this stupid mess that is this pre-console war cluster**** can die down and more people spend their time actually playing games and not talking about them...which actually most of them don't talk about, they talk about the system that too, isn't finished.

This guy, right here.  (Y)

Yeah you guys really need to give it a rest. TheLegendOfMart, Hawkman, etc, you guys are spinning in circles over BS. Its like your trying to fight over who can spin the most fanboy remarks. Whatever attempt at sharing facts you guys intended has long since failed and is reduced to derailing this thread.

Killer Instinct is just a big joke. The game hasn't seen the light of day in forever, being developed by a mediocre developer, and looked rather mediocre to boot.

I loved the games growing up, but I'm not that same dumb little kid anymore. I'm not going to buy an awful game just because it has the same title and characters...

I have to ask, why do you think it looks terrible? I ask because I'm at the opposite side. After watching a ton of video on YouTube explaining the fighting system and seeing the devs themselves talk about their goals, I'm really excited.

It sounds like they are making the changes to the standard KI formulae to make it a legit fighter. KI was never respected as a real fighter for many reasons.

As far as the dev team, did you look into the actual team that was brought together? They are veterans that have worked on other fighters like SF4, etc. It sounds like they actually care about doing this right and are actively working with the fighting game community for feedback as they develop it. They are taking every opportunity to demo it and people seem to be very positive about it after actually playing it. It was demoed on stage at the big EVO tournament over the weekend to introduce Glacious.

I don't know, I just think this could turn out great based on how they are handling it right now.

• Like 2

Yeah you guys really need to give it a rest. TheLegendOfMart, Hawkman, etc, you guys are spinning in circles over BS. Its like your trying to fight over who can spin the most fanboy remarks. Whatever attempt at sharing facts you guys intended has long since failed and is reduced to derailing this thread.

I have to ask, why do you think it looks terrible? I ask because I'm at the opposite side. After watching a ton of video on YouTube explaining the fighting system and seeing the devs themselves talk about their goals, I'm really excited.

It sounds like they are making the changes to the standard KI formulae to make it a legit fighter. KI was never respected as a real fighter for many reasons.

As far as the dev team, did you look into the actual team that was brought together? They are veterans that have worked on other fighters like SF4, etc. It sounds like they actually care about doing this right and are actively working with the fighting game community for feedback as they develop it. They are taking every opportunity to demo it and people seem to be very positive about it after actually playing it. It was demoed on stage at the big EVO tournament over the weekend to introduce Glacious.

I don't know, I just think this could turn out great based on how they are handling it right now.

Agreed. I am not into fighters but I don't understand the hate for KI. Everything they showed looks good.

Well, my personal impressions of it are simply that, and I won't go about trying to change your mind if you thought it looked awesome. However, I just think many people are going to be disappointed by the amount of overhype it got, similar to that of Duke Nukem Forever or something. Fighting games are kind of a dying breed; it's not that they don't exist, but that there isn't enough good ones that exist. With that in mind, it's hard for me as a gamer to just be expecting something to come out of the gates after being cold for so long that, just as you said wasn't really a respected fighter game to begin with, and just be amazing.

I'm an optimist in this life, but I'm also a realist, and I don't like getting my hopes up as I feel too often I'm let down, rather than going in with low expectations and being pleasantly surprised.