Go Cincinati! '72 Dolphins forever baby!

you could see this coming, they were looking ahead to denver, overlooked cincy, and look what happens. this goes to show once again that any team can win on any given sunday - except the falcons.

Yeah, I'm tired of all this '72 Dolphins crap. I remember reading an article (I think on ESPN) that mentioned their "strength of schedule" and something to the effect of 99% of teams from 1950 on had a harder schedule. Now granted you cant help who you play and you are supposed to beat teams that are worse than you, but going 14-0 isn't that hard when 12 of the teams you face stink.

Found the article:

'72 Dolphins

also, they continued and the greatest team ever is:

My Monsters of the Midway

being from cincinnati, who dey! (unless you watch alot of football or your from the nati you wont get that) finally though my bengals are pulling threw!

- except the falcons.

So true lol

I do hope vicks puts some life into them for the end of the season though, they need something to work off of for next year! Or they could lose every game left and pick up the #1 draft pick ;)

So true lol

I do hope vicks puts some life into them for the end of the season though, they need something to work off of for next year! Or they could lose every game left and pick up the #1 draft pick ;)

pfft, i could do without the #1 draft pick. weve got 2 good RBs, an awesome QB, a decent wide receiver corps led by peerless and price and brian finneran. we need a left tackle or an offensive lineman - dont really need the #1 pick for that. i would rather vick come back and win some games, maybe finish 5-11 or 6-10

The D is only doing so poorly because of all the injuries. all the backups werent familiar with the 3-4 the falcons run, so they have had some trouble with it. the O-line has been bad for a while. it was bad last year, only difference was vick - he could just run away from the oncoming defenders, without vick, the flaws are exposed, he made everyone look better

why are we talking about the falcons in a perfection thread? :rolleyes: no one will touch the 72 dolphins record simply because any team can put together 1 good game.... its the same as it was back then, and that is the reason why it was hard then and it still is now.... i dont see it hapening anytime in the near future.... especially not the falcons ;)