Nexus 7 2013 First impressions

I wonder if these will be in short supply and I should keep my Play Store order and sell it on eBay...

ZakO - It does indeed look yellow and mine definitely doesn't have the yellow cast to it holding it up to my old one. I wonder if it will go away like it did on the iOS device (forget which one) that had that issue and the glue just had to dry. If it were me, I would immediately take it back and exchange it because I like my gadgets to be perfect.

Well, I just tried to cancel and it wouldn't let me, stating that it is being prepared for shipping. If anyone here wants it, I will charge my Neowin friends the exact price I paid plus shipping. PM me if interested. I own my own business so once it comes in, I can just ship it right back out the same day and I have a PayPal account to make things easy.

Mine on google play says "Pending" and ships by july 30th. When did you orders yours? I made my order an hour after it went live on google play. I was at work and I was also reading XDA Devs to see what most people did. One person mentioned the warranty, as soon as he did, i believe 15 of us ordered one off play and posted in the thread right away.

I hope mine comes in within the next week, I only have 14 days with the Best Buy model.

Also, Travel covers are on sale on amazon. I HAD to order one. I will basically take this thing everywhere and wanted something for light cover. I loved the original cover for the nexus 7 so I had to get one.

Looks good, I'll probably pick one up when they're released in the UK.

Is it just the angle of the photo, or does the Nexus 7 2013 have a yellow tint to the screen? 

It's just the camera. Anyways, I'm coming down on my first full battery drain. I've got 10% battery left, it's run for 1d 10h 42m with 5h 31m of screen time. This is with WiFi on, GPS on, and background sync enabled. I watched a lot of videos (Youtube HD, Netflix, Vplayer), music playback, gaming, and internet surfing. 

Mine on google play says "Pending" and ships by july 30th. When did you orders yours? I made my order an hour after it went live on google play. I was at work and I was also reading XDA Devs to see what most people did. One person mentioned the warranty, as soon as he did, i believe 15 of us ordered one off play and posted in the thread right away.

I hope mine comes in within the next week, I only have 14 days with the Best Buy model.

Also, Travel covers are on sale on amazon. I HAD to order one. I will basically take this thing everywhere and wanted something for light cover. I loved the original cover for the nexus 7 so I had to get one.

I too ordered within an hour of it going live so chances are yours is prepping to ship also.

I too ordered within an hour of it going live so chances are yours is prepping to ship also.

I wish it would tell me. Did yours tell you its preparing? 

Mine is still letting me cancel. I hope it changes tomorrow. I hate being impatient but at the same time I have to wait for my case to come in from amazon this week so I can start using this thing like I want. Im afraid to drop it in my laptop bag with my surface pro and retina without something covering the screen

Does this have video out? I returned my nexus 7 after just some hours because lack of video output

Does this have video out? I returned my nexus 7 after just some hours because lack of video output

The MicroUSB port on the Nexus 7 (2013) supports the slimport SlimPort, you need to buy a SlimPort -> HDMI adapter (or lead), but yeah, it will be able to output video.

I can't begin to even convey how much I enjoy my new Nexus 7. It it is such a joy to hold and the device is awesome. I've played a few games and speed is great.

The MicroUSB port on the Nexus 7 (2013) supports the slimport SlimPort, you need to buy a SlimPort -> HDMI adapter (or lead), but yeah, it will be able to output video.

Plus there's the Chromecast. I can't see returning it just due to lack of a video output. Who wants to use their tablet tethered to a TV with a cable?

I can't begin to even convey how much I enjoy my new Nexus 7. It it is such a joy to hold and the device is awesome. I've played a few games and speed is great.

Plus there's the Chromecast. I can't see returning it just due to lack of a video output. Who wants to use their tablet tethered to a TV with a cable?

Yeah, it is a great device. I'm having a tough time coming up with "complaints"/disadvantages. I'm a little irked at the price point - this should be $199/16GB, $249/32GB (both WiFi only), but that's such a minor point compared to what other tablets cost/what they offer. 

Yeah, it is a great device. I'm having a tough time coming up with "complaints"/disadvantages. I'm a little irked at the price point - this should be $199/16GB, $249/32GB (both WiFi only), but that's such a minor point compared to what other tablets cost/what they offer. 

To be honest, I feel that the price I paid for my 32GB was a steal. I don't even know how they make a profit selling such a great device. It's still like $200 less than the iPad mini (which I also own lol) and a way better device imo. I find myself using my N7 more than my computer or either of my iPads. Maybe that will change with iOS 7 and their new tablets for me right now the N7 is probably going to be the lablet of the year.