Stan Lee addresses a bisexual Spider-Man

Stan Lee has addressed the idea of a bisexual Spider-Man.

He was asked about Andrew Garfield's suggestion of seeing Peter Parker experiment with his sexuality in Sony Pictures' films at Fandomfest in Louisville, Kentucky, reports ComicBook.com

"He's becoming bisexual?" said the Avengers and Fantastic Four co-creator. "Really? Who have you been talking to?

"I don't know... seriously, I don't know anything about that. And if it's true, I'm going to make a couple of phone calls.

"I figure one sex is enough for anybody," he joked.

Garfield had suggested that classic love interest Mary Jane Watson should be replaced by AJ, a character played by Chronicle's Michael B Jordan.

Jordan has said that he has "no thoughts on that".

Lee praised Garfield's performance in Marc Webb's Amazing Spider-Man and its upcoming sequel.

"Oh, I think Andy Garfield is great as Spider-Man, absolutely great," he said.

"In fact, I would have picked him for the first Spider-Man movie if he had volunteered."

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will arrive on May 2, 2014. It will be followed by two more sequels on June 10, 2016, and May 4, 2018.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/comics/news/a501831/stan-lee-on-bisexual-spider-man-one-sex-is-enough-for-anybody.html

I certainly hope it's not going to become a trend to change superheroes in such a away. It's lame imo and they just because it's a real life thing, doesn't mean they have to add it to such iconic characters.

Straight, Gay, or in-between, just let people be who they are.

I hate it when they change characters just for the sake of change. If they want a bisexual superhero then create one and leave the old ones alone.

• Like 2

I hate it when they change characters just for the sake of change. If they want a bisexual superhero then create one and leave the old ones alone.

Exactly. Just because such things are in the news more than ever, they think it needs to be put into the comics books as well. As if the comic books are about such issues :/

Thank god is against the whole idea and doesn't know anything about it. Then again, he didn't like the idea that Peter Parker died in Spider-Man #700 and didn't even know it was going to happen... Uh oh...

Introduce a bisexual character into Spider Man, great.  But don't change Spider man's orientation because that's ridiculous. Change purely for the sake of change is ridiculous. 

• 2 months later...

Agreed, and I have no issue with that (Believe me)...  lol

But I don't feel they should be changing things for the sake of changing things...  If they want a bisexual character, create one...  It's the same argument I have for the casting rumors for Fantastic Four in the next movie.  Johny Storm was a white character.  I have no issue whatsoever with there being a black character, but cast a black actor as a black character, or create a new character...  Making changes like this just for the sake of doing so is ridiculous and silly...

Who says it's a change necessarily? One could explain that he's always been bisexual secretly, but the stories told thus far have just seen him in love with women because of the attitudes amongst the public at that time.  Don't forget that bisexual is not gay. Bisexuals like both men and women.

Agreed, and I have no issue with that (Believe me)...  lol

But I don't feel they should be changing things for the sake of changing things...  If they want a bisexual character, create one...  It's the same argument I have for the casting rumors for Fantastic Four in the next movie.  Johny Storm was a white character.  I have no issue whatsoever with there being a black character, but cast a black actor as a black character, or create a new character...  Making changes like this just for the sake of doing so is ridiculous and silly...

I completely agree.

Speaking of characters, Robert Contrad's James T. West in Wild Wild West. Grew up with this. He was white. Coolest white dude on the planet at the time. Wil Smith playing him was ridiculous. One of my worst movies ever, top 5.