Name That Part - Heritage Rough Ryder Revolver

Gerowen
I know this is primarily a computer forum, but I know there's people around here like DocM that may be able to help me so I thought I'd give it a shot.

So I bought a Heritage Rough Ryder .22 caliber revolver from a friend of mine, and I then gave it to my brother.  The friend needed money to make it through a school, so I did him a favor and got a sidearm for my brother so he'd have a snake gun when we go out in the woods.  So anyway, after test firing it a few times we noticed that if you point it at an upward angle, the cylinder fails to rotate.  It has been dis-assembled before by somebody who didn't know what they were doing because there are some obvious scratches around some of the screw heads.  I took it apart and found the culprit, but I'm not sure of what the technical name for this part is called.

My Taurus has something similar but it works by a different mechanism.  Basically the larger part here is what I call the "lifting arm", and when you pull the hammer back, this arm lifts up, the teeth catch on the gear on the cylinder and rotate the cylinder.  The spring depicted in the attached picture is supposed to be much longer, and presses against a recess inside the frame and holds the lifting arm forward so it always makes contact with the cylinder.  With this spring being broken off (I know it's broken because it doesn't make contact with anything since it's far too short, and the end of it looks jagged and uneven when you get up close), what happens is that if you're firing downward or straight forward, it works fine, but if you point it even the slightest bit upward, when you pull the hammer back, gravity causes the lifting arm to fall back into the frame instead of catching on the cylinder.

I've found a parts list on the Heritage Mfg. website, but I don't know what the technical name for this spring is.  If one of you could help me I would really appreciate it.  Here is the parts list on the Heritage website.

post-125978-0-19882500-1375655873.jpg

Gerowen
Just thought I would update.  This part is called the "cylinder hand", and you can order just the spring from their website.  I found it after spotting a link for an exploded view.  If anybody else is curious, here's a photo of what it "should" look like.

PARTS8.jpg

• Like 1
metallithrax

I am not an expert, but going by the diagrams I have found, I would say "Cylinder Hand"

i see you found it before I posted.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      You can get your phone fixed without having to leave your home thanks to uBreakiFix
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

uBreakiFix, an electronics repair service, is launching its "We Come to You" mobile repair program across the U.S., in which the company's services are brought to customers' doors rather than the other way around. It also offered free Google Pixel repairs to frontline workers earlier this year. A fleet of more than 640 repair vehicles has been deputed to handle repairs, which include screen repair and battery replacement, in two hours or less.

Appointments can be booked as soon as the same day, and visits can be arranged for places other than your home, as long as the place is in an eligible zip code. Customers may take note that the vehicles won't offer a full range of repairs that they can get at a brick-and-mortar location. For now, only a handful of repair types are supported, with the firm planning to expand the program for more types of devices and services in the future. To secure appointments, there is a $30 non-refundable fee.

Though the launch has been announced nationwide, it isn't available in every market yet, with the firm planning to add 700 vehicles by the end of the year and extending the program to Canada. To check if these mobile repairs are available in your area, head over to this page, and input your zip code.

• By tisho64
      I have a Java Spring Boot project that uses React as a front end. In order to allow web crawlers to index the site I (with the help of examples found by googling) decided to implement a HandlerInterceptorAdapter where I would match the requested URI and redirect to my default controller if needed. I got stuck very quickly though. This is my entire interceptor as of now:

import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.HttpServletRequest; import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.HttpServletResponse; import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.ServletMapping; import org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.HandlerInterceptorAdapter; public class Interceptor extends HandlerInterceptorAdapter { @Override public boolean preHandle(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, Object handler) throws Exception { ServletMapping mapping = request.getServletMapping(); String uri = request.getRequestURI(); System.out.println("uri:"+uri+"; servletName:"+mapping.getServletName()+"; class:"+mapping.getClass()); return true; } } As you can see I am trying to make it compile at least. The second argument of preHandle() expects HttpServletResponse which needs to be imported from org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http. The one from javax.servlet.http doesn't count. Right now HttpServletResponse doesn't exist inside the catalina package.
      To make things worse there is not logical connections between the import statements and the artifact ids. I can only guess. I have in project's pom.xml dependencies for tomcat-servlet-api and org.apache.catalina. Catalina cannot even be resolved (even though I have https://mvnrepository.com set as a secondary repository)

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.catalina</groupId> <artifactId>catalina</artifactId> <version>6.0.26</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId> <artifactId>tomcat-servlet-api</artifactId> <version>7.0.52</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>  
      P.S. This project is to be deployed to a Tomcat server, so I need to use Catalina/Tomcat variants of the libraries
    • By KingCracker
      Found and bought this at my local gun shop, sort of rare I guess because I never see them in gun shops. Its the big bore brother to the classic and awesome CZ-75.

They designed it in 1997 during assault weapons ban, thus only having a 10 round mag. For such a big gun in reality it should hold more. They never designed a higher cap magazine for it and 3rd parties never did either. Some believe that is why it never really took off in the market. It is not a terrible gun by any means though, its got the top notch quality of any CZ and its really fun and in my hands really accurate. 

They still make them today, in fact this is a factory new firearm but they dont make or sell them in the numbers that the CZ-75 sells at.

• By zikalify
      Apple is offering free repairs for two iPhone models that don't power on
      by Paul Hill

Apple has announced that it will be repairing some older iPhone models free of charge after several devices have been found not to power on due to a faulty component. The iPhone maker has said that the repairs will be available for affected iPhone 6s and iPhone 6s Plus models.

While these two models were originally released back in 2015, the scheme only applies to a limited number of devices with a certain serial number range that identifies whether the phones were manufactured between October 2018 and August 2019. If you believe that you’re affected and want your device repaired you’ll have to find your serial number and use Apple’s serial number checker to check eligibility.

There are several ways to check the serial number:

If your device is affected, you can take it to an Apple Authorised Service Provider, make an appointment at an Apple Retail Store, or contact Apple Support to arrange a mail-in via the Apple Repair Center. Before you get it repaired, make sure you backup your iPhone to iTunes or iCloud if possible. If you’ve paid to have the problem fixed previously, you can contact Apple to ask for a refund.

• By Rich Woods
      Sprint's 5G is now live in Chicago
      by Rich Woods

It would seem that Chicago is a pretty good place to live if you want to be first in line to experience 5G connectivity, as Sprint announced today that it just lit up 5G in the Illinois city. It was also a launch city for Verizon, making Chicago one of very few places with 5G connectivity from more than one carrier.

Sprint says that the Chicago launch will bring 5G connectivity to about 700,000 people, so it's not the entire city that's getting it. Obviously, it will expand over time. Right now, it's from IL-64 to the Stevenson Expressway from north to south, and from California Avenue to Lake Michigan from west to east.

"We’re proud to give customers across the heart of Chicago their first truly mobile 5G experience," said Sprint CEO Michel Combes. "We’re also excited about the tremendous opportunity for growth and innovation that Sprint 5G will bring across a wide range of industries including energy, healthcare, manufacturing, finance, insurance, transportation, hospitality and more."

Chicago joins Atlanta, Dallas-Fort Worth, Houston, and Kansas City as the cities that get Sprint's True Mobile 5G, and the carrier also says that it will be adding Los Angeles, New York City, Phoenix, and Washington, D.C. in the coming weeks. You'll be able to pick up a Sprint 5G device in Chicago beginning tomorrow, and those include the LG V50 ThinQ, the Samsung Galaxy S10 5G, and the HTC 5G Hub.