Name That Part - Heritage Rough Ryder Revolver

I know this is primarily a computer forum, but I know there's people around here like DocM that may be able to help me so I thought I'd give it a shot.

So I bought a Heritage Rough Ryder .22 caliber revolver from a friend of mine, and I then gave it to my brother.  The friend needed money to make it through a school, so I did him a favor and got a sidearm for my brother so he'd have a snake gun when we go out in the woods.  So anyway, after test firing it a few times we noticed that if you point it at an upward angle, the cylinder fails to rotate.  It has been dis-assembled before by somebody who didn't know what they were doing because there are some obvious scratches around some of the screw heads.  I took it apart and found the culprit, but I'm not sure of what the technical name for this part is called.

My Taurus has something similar but it works by a different mechanism.  Basically the larger part here is what I call the "lifting arm", and when you pull the hammer back, this arm lifts up, the teeth catch on the gear on the cylinder and rotate the cylinder.  The spring depicted in the attached picture is supposed to be much longer, and presses against a recess inside the frame and holds the lifting arm forward so it always makes contact with the cylinder.  With this spring being broken off (I know it's broken because it doesn't make contact with anything since it's far too short, and the end of it looks jagged and uneven when you get up close), what happens is that if you're firing downward or straight forward, it works fine, but if you point it even the slightest bit upward, when you pull the hammer back, gravity causes the lifting arm to fall back into the frame instead of catching on the cylinder.

I've found a parts list on the Heritage Mfg. website, but I don't know what the technical name for this spring is.  If one of you could help me I would really appreciate it.  Here is the parts list on the Heritage website.

post-125978-0-19882500-1375655873.jpg

Just thought I would update.  This part is called the "cylinder hand", and you can order just the spring from their website.  I found it after spotting a link for an exploded view.  If anybody else is curious, here's a photo of what it "should" look like.

PARTS8.jpg

I am not an expert, but going by the diagrams I have found, I would say "Cylinder Hand"

i see you found it before I posted.

This topic is now closed to further replies.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Similar Content

• By Usama Jawad96
      Microsoft offers more spares for commercial customers to repair Surface devices
      by Usama Jawad

Back in February, Microsoft announced that it is offering spare parts to commercial customers so that they can repair, service, and upgrade their Surface devices. At that time, the only component on offer was the Microsoft Surface Removal SSD (rSSD) for the Surface Pro 7+. Today, Microsoft has significantly enhanced its initial offer by including more components covering a greater range of devices. The latest list of commercial spares can be seen below:

Component Description Surface Laptop 4 Surface Laptop 3 Surface Pro 7+ Surface Pro 7 Surface Pro X SQ2 Surface Pro X SQ1 SSD Door Provides access to removable solid state drive (rSSD) ✓ ✓ ✓ Kickstand Hinged stand for 2-1 devices ✓ ✓ ✓ ✓ AB-Cover Display assembly

✓ ✓ C-Cover Keyboard, Trackpad, and Frame assembly ✓ ✓ The idea behind the program is to allow organizations to have IT technicians repair and service Surface devices on-site using spare parts. This will improve recyclability and reduce wastage. It will also extend the life and quality of a Surface device as organizations can simply purchase a spare module to replace their problematic one on-site instead of having to go directly to Microsoft. Commercial customers will also have the opportunity to "refresh" their device with newer components, where applicable.

That said, Microsoft has emphasized that the servicing of Surface devices should be carried out by skilled IT technicians who utilize the guidance provided by the Redmond tech giant. Commercial customers can purchase the aforementioned spares from Microsoft Authorized Device Resellers from October 15 across all Surface markets. However, it is important to note that the removable SSD announced for the Surface Pro 7+ back in February is only available in the U.S.

• By Fiza Ali
      TuSimple collaborates with Ryder for its Autonomous Freight Network
      by Fiza Ali

TuSimple, the self-driving truck company that went public this year has collaborated with Ryder to expand its freight network that will back its autonomous trucking operations. The fleet maintenance services of Ryder will act as terminals, according to the deal announced recently.

The Autonomous freight network (AFN) of the company is an assembly of terminals and shipping routes built for autonomous trucking operations that will extend across the US by 2024. The inaugural partners in the network include supply chain company McLane Inc. of Berkshire Hathaway's grocery and food service, Penske Truck Leasing, carrier U.S. Xpress, and UPS, which took a minority stake in TuSimple before it went public.

The company's AFN features four parts that incorporate self-driving trucks, digital mapped routes, freight terminals, and a framework that will enable customers to keep track of autonomous trucking operations and monitor their shipments in real-time. The services offered by Ryder will basically act as strategic terminals where TuSimple trucks can receive maintenance and have sensors employed in the self-driving framework calibrated, if necessary.

Cheng Lu, TuSimple President, and CEO stated:

Right now, TuSimple has 50 autonomous trucks in its fleet that, along with a human safety operator behind the wheel, transport freight for customers in Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona. The collaboration will initially employ services provided by Ryder in these areas and ultimately extend to 500 maintenance facilities of the company in the U.S.

TuSimple said that it has plans of expanding operations to the East Coast, transporting freight between Phoenix and Orlando later this year. It also has approximately 25 new trucks on order which will be added to the fleet upon their arrival.

Source and image: TechCrunch

• By Jay Bonggolto
      Apple is launching its independent repair program worldwide
      by Jay Bonggolto

Apple kicked off its independent repair service program for third-party providers in 2019 to help customers in the U.S. get their devices fixed by non Apple Authorized Service Providers (AASPs) beyond the warranty period. The program expanded to Europe and Canada last year.

Today, Apple announced that it's bringing the independent repair provider program (IRPP) globally. The Cupertino-based tech giant confirmed that it will open its independent repair program to service providers across more than 200 countries. This means the program will be accessible in nearly every country where its products are available to purchase.

Like its participating third-party repair providers, the additional repair centers will have access to genuine Apple parts and tools as well as manuals and diagnostics. These are the same resources available to Apple's authorized service providers.

The repair providers will also go through training sessions for free. In order to qualify, they must also agree to allow an Apple-certified technician to do the repairs.

Application for the program will commence this week in the following countries: Afghanistan, Australia, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brazil, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Cook Islands, Fiji, Guam, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Laos, Macao, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Myanmar, Nepal, New Zealand, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Russia, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, Tonga, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, Vanuatu, and Vietnam. Click on this link to apply. It's also expanding to more territories later this year.

• By Usman Khan Lodhi
      You can get your phone fixed without having to leave your home thanks to uBreakiFix
      by Usman Khan Lodhi

uBreakiFix, an electronics repair service, is launching its "We Come to You" mobile repair program across the U.S., in which the company's services are brought to customers' doors rather than the other way around. It also offered free Google Pixel repairs to frontline workers earlier this year. A fleet of more than 640 repair vehicles has been deputed to handle repairs, which include screen repair and battery replacement, in two hours or less.

Appointments can be booked as soon as the same day, and visits can be arranged for places other than your home, as long as the place is in an eligible zip code. Customers may take note that the vehicles won't offer a full range of repairs that they can get at a brick-and-mortar location. For now, only a handful of repair types are supported, with the firm planning to expand the program for more types of devices and services in the future. To secure appointments, there is a $30 non-refundable fee.

Though the launch has been announced nationwide, it isn't available in every market yet, with the firm planning to add 700 vehicles by the end of the year and extending the program to Canada. To check if these mobile repairs are available in your area, head over to this page, and input your zip code.

• By tisho64
      I have a Java Spring Boot project that uses React as a front end. In order to allow web crawlers to index the site I (with the help of examples found by googling) decided to implement a HandlerInterceptorAdapter where I would match the requested URI and redirect to my default controller if needed. I got stuck very quickly though. This is my entire interceptor as of now:

import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.HttpServletRequest; import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.HttpServletResponse; import org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http.ServletMapping; import org.springframework.web.servlet.handler.HandlerInterceptorAdapter; public class Interceptor extends HandlerInterceptorAdapter { @Override public boolean preHandle(HttpServletRequest request, HttpServletResponse response, Object handler) throws Exception { ServletMapping mapping = request.getServletMapping(); String uri = request.getRequestURI(); System.out.println("uri:"+uri+"; servletName:"+mapping.getServletName()+"; class:"+mapping.getClass()); return true; } } As you can see I am trying to make it compile at least. The second argument of preHandle() expects HttpServletResponse which needs to be imported from org.apache.catalina.servlet4preview.http. The one from javax.servlet.http doesn't count. Right now HttpServletResponse doesn't exist inside the catalina package.
      To make things worse there is not logical connections between the import statements and the artifact ids. I can only guess. I have in project's pom.xml dependencies for tomcat-servlet-api and org.apache.catalina. Catalina cannot even be resolved (even though I have https://mvnrepository.com set as a secondary repository)

<dependency> <groupId>org.apache.catalina</groupId> <artifactId>catalina</artifactId> <version>6.0.26</version> </dependency> <dependency> <groupId>org.apache.tomcat</groupId> <artifactId>tomcat-servlet-api</artifactId> <version>7.0.52</version> <scope>provided</scope> </dependency>  
      P.S. This project is to be deployed to a Tomcat server, so I need to use Catalina/Tomcat variants of the libraries