Johnsons Time In Tampa Appears Over

The Tampa Bay Buccaneers benched Keyshawn Johnson for the remainder of the season after Keyshawn had words with Coach John Gruden. Keyshawn stated that he would not play under Gruden's coaching another year. The Bucs promptly benched Keyshawn for the remaining games; still keeping their options with Keyshawn for he will be a free agent in 2004, allowing them to trade for other talents.

"Honestly, I'm very disappointed because I really wanted to win another championship with this team," Keyshawn said. "I was never Gruden's guy. He never liked me. I told him I'd rather retire than play for him in 2004. But I also told him I wouldn't be a distraction, I wouldn't go to the media with it and I didn't. I don't know why they released me. I was playing hard, I wasn't dogging it. Tell everyone I'm in New York looking for apartments."

Source: ESPN

well good riddence. we wont have to hear any more of his bitching this year at least. the bucs season is just about over, and benching keyshawn isnt going to solve any problems on the field. keyshawn is a crybaby and im tired of him. they said on PTI today that he is looking for apartments in New York, hinting that he may be planning a return to the Jets, he has a lot of respect for Herm Edwards. Johnson has also recently said that Bill Parcells was his favorite coach, so dallas remains a possibility. his house in tampa is already for sale. he is done with the bucs.

the sad thing is, is that the bucs arent out of the playoff hunt.... just like you said, this solves nothing, benching their best reciever and saying "this is not to set an example" is lying.... the only reason why he is benched is because they ARE setting an example to him. hes like a 3 year old kid that needs to be punished when he does wrong.. he got what he deserved, but this was not in the best intrest of the bucs :no:

right brian. what the fizzle are the bucs thinking? i mean, they do have a legit shot but i dunno anymore.

i hope that keyshawn goes to dallas and sapp comes to washington with t.o. :D

right brian. what the fizzle are the bucs thinking? i mean, they do have a legit shot but i dunno anymore.

keyshawn said on sportscenter last night: "i will not play for Parcells again" , even though parcells is his favorite coach. so no dallas. he said hes not going back to the jets either. probably looking like washington for now

right brian.  what the fizzle are the bucs thinking?  i mean, they do have a legit shot but i dunno anymore.

keyshawn said on sportscenter last night: "i will not play for Parcells again" , even though parcells is his favorite coach. so no dallas. he said hes not going back to the jets either. probably looking like washington for now
thats what i heard, but i would rather have t.o. on the skins. let the niners take keyshawn. gimme big TO!

right brian.? what the fizzle are the bucs thinking?? i mean, they do have a legit shot but i dunno anymore.

i hope that keyshawn goes to dallas and sapp comes to washington with t.o:D:D

thats what i heard, but i would rather have t.o. on the skins. let the niners take keyshawn. gimme big TO!
yeah i'd rather have T.O. any day. he brings excitement to the field, and hes not such a big whiner. if you want terrell owens in washington, maybe you should give him a call - check this out - http://mb7.theinsiders.com/fmiami20779frm1...cID=22892.topic

right brian.  what the fizzle are the bucs thinking?  i mean, they do have a legit shot but i dunno anymore.

They may have a legit shot, but it wasn't because of Meshawn! Trust me I have started him every week on my fantasy league and he has not been performing that well...

He has never been as good as he says he is.

kj said to let everyone in new york know that he's looking for an apartment. he was probably joking...but you never know.

kj is overrated anyways, and always crying about something...

kj said to let everyone in new york know that he's looking for an apartment. he was probably joking...but you never know.

kj is overrated anyways, and always crying about something...

he denied saying that. shelly smith, that lady who helped him write "Give Me the Damn Ball" is the one that said that, he said that it wasnt true and that he wasnt going back to the jets

*warning: UK citizen!!*

==>

:rolleyes:          (goin' straight over my head!)

(soooo confused!) lol

That would because we are talking about football not futbol. :)

what is futbol? or am i in a slow mood today?? :)

EDIT: do you mean as in soccer or what we call football?? you taking the mick son? :angry: ;)

==>

:rolleyes:? ? ? ? ?  (goin' straight over my head!)

(soooo confused!) lol

That would because we are talking about football not futbo:) :)

what is futbol? or am i in a slow mood toda:)? :)

EDIT: do you mean as in soccer or what we call football?? you taking the mick s:angry:ngr;) ;)

we are talking about american rules football. feel free to let us continue anytime

==>

:rolleyes:? ? ? ? ?? (goin' straight over my head!)

(soooo confused!) lol

That would because we are talking about football not futb:). :)

what is futbol? or am i in a slow mood tod:)?? :)

EDIT: do you mean as in soccer or what we call football?? you taking the mick :angry:ang;): ;)

h:Deh :D :huh: :huh: ? Taking the mick? now that goes straight over my American head, bu:blink:blink:

Anyway, yeah I was talking about soccer, If I recall my spanish, that is the word for soccer. It was the only non-American word I could think of for what the world likes to call football.

CatnipOligarthy -

Hypothetically speaking, who would you rather catching the ball from Vick next year? TO or KJ? That is of course if Mike's leg still isn't too sore to play on next year... :rolleyes:

I just heard about this, kinda wierd how it all went down, I wonder who he will sign with... sounds like he wants to play for the jets again, and why not with pennington there but I don't think they will want him.

I just heard about this, kinda wierd how it all went down, I wonder who he will sign with... sounds like he wants to play for the jets again, and why not with pennington there but I don't think they will want him.
catnip clarified that he didnt want to play for the jets, and i agree with him when he says hell prolly go to washington.. TO is also on the move, two big prospects, but id definatly like TO over keyshawn anyday :yes: