Duncan Jones 'Warcraft' Movie begins Filming In January

I am not looking forward to this movie at all. I love Warcraft, and it's lore is phenomenal if you actually take the time to read it all, but there is no way this movie is going to be good.

If it were a CGI only movie with the quality of a typical Blizzard CGI short, then it would be awesome. But I cannot see this working as a live-action film.

• Like 1

I hope this movie has night elfs in it.

I bet the female Night Elves will be played by a bunch of males too.

• Like 1

PG-13 is a warning sign

Warning sign for?

I mean it's not like World of Warcraft was made to be R. It has always been an universe for the family. I agree when it comes to movie like Alien but Warcraft is the perfect fit for a pg-13 movie.

• 3 months later...

Im skeptical. As a fan on the Warcraft universe I hope they can pull it off, but, after pretty much every videogame > movie ever, I dunno I reckon it may be disappointing. 

Would of preferred a full CGI version that would be the culmination of Alliance vs Horde. 

Im skeptical. As a fan on the Warcraft universe I hope they can pull it off, but, after pretty much every videogame > movie ever, I dunno I reckon it may be disappointing. 

Would of preferred a full CGI version that would be the culmination of Alliance vs Horde. 

Off-topic:

I'm just amazed to see "would of" instead of "would have" too often.

Official descriptions for the members of The Alliance:

Anduin Lothar (Travis Fimmel)

The lead protagonist for the Alliance, Lothar is a war hero who has sacrificed everything to keep the people of Azeroth safe.

King Llane Wrynn (Dominic Cooper)

King Llane is the leader of the Alliance city of Stormwind and a beacon of hope to its people in a time of darkness.

Medivh (Ben Foster)

Known as ?the Guardian,? Medivh is a mysterious and reclusive protector who wields formidable power.

Khadgar (Ben Schnetzer)

Khadgar is a gifted young mage, embarking on a daring search for the truth.

Lady Taria (Ruth Negga)

Taria is the royal Queen of Stormwind, King Llane?s great love and most trusted counsel.

Garona (Paula Patton)

Caught between the Alliance and the Horde, Garona is a strong-willed survivor who must decide where her true loyalty lies.

Official Descriptions of the Horde:

Durotan (Toby Kebbel)

The lead protagonist for the Horde, Durotan is the noble Chieftain of the Frostwolf Clan, battling to save his people and his family from extinction.

Orgrim (Rob Kazinsky)

Orgrim is Durotan?s right hand and a brave warrior destined to wield the Doomhammer: a weapon of orc legend.

Blackhand (Clancy Brown)

Known as ?The Destroyer?, Blackhand is one of orc-kind?s most fearsome and titanic warchiefs.

Gul?Dan (Daniel Wu)

Gul?dan is a supreme orc ruler, fueled by a dark magic that even he cannot control.

Off-topic:

I'm just amazed to see "would of" instead of "would have" too often.

I blame the laziness that is contractions...  "would've" sounds too much like "would of" instead of "would have" and plays havoc on our spelling.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Where's a trailer already.  Talking about dragging it out, hope we don't have to wait till blizzcon.

why the orc aren't green?

In terms of lore they are different colours based on when they drank the blood of Manaroth and when they freed themselves etc.  How much that plays in the movie(s) none I imagine but that's why they've been different colours in the games.