Logitech Z313 speakers -vs Logitech Z323.

Basically my Z313 speakers broke. I was quite happy with them. Logitech are offering me a 35% discount, so i was undecided between going back to the Z313 or opting for a change & going for the Z323.

Anyone got experience of both & can give their recommendation?

Honest question: Are you really that satisfied with Logitech?

After several broken or underwhelming Logitech speakers I took the plunge and spend on a pair of Bose's Sensation. Quite expensive but worth the price.

Between those 2, I don't think you'll notice much of a difference.  The Z323 will probably get a little bit louder, but I doubt the overall sound quality will be better.

If you want to see a big improvement in sound, you'd probably have to jump up to the Z623, which will give you a true subwoofer.  But obviously that comes at a higher price.

• Like 1

That's the problem - i wasn't really looking to spend a great deal. The 2 i mentioned are around the ?30-?40 marker whereas the one you mentioned is 3 figures. The quality may be better & i dare say it is ... but it's an extra ?60-?70+.

If there's really going to be minimal difference between the 2 units then i'd be just as well going like-for-like with the Z313 & save on cost.

Out of interest .. if i'm spending ?30-?40 for a 2.1 system, what is there out there that's better for that price range ........ and i mean for that price range (& not the usual responses of - if you just add ?500 then you can get this...!)

If i'm going to be spending that money anyway & there's something better then i may as well have it. I was going back to Logitech as i've always found their customer support brilliant really, but that was the only reason.

In that price range, you're pretty much limited to the lower end Logitech and Creative speakers, and I'd recommend Logitech over Creative.

There is the Z523, which is a little more expensive, but going by the look of the subwoofer, you'll probably get much better bass than the Z3 series.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-980-000320-Z523-Speakers-Black/dp/B002MHYQJA/ref=sr_1_35?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1378330517&sr=1-35&keywords=2.1

If you've been wanting a little more all-around sound, then the little extra for the Z523 is probably much worth it.  

Otherwise if you put higher priority for price and reliability, then the Z313 will be fine.

PCAdvisor.co.uk thinks the Z313 is better. They're both quite terrible though, although at these bargain bin price ranges it's unlikely you'll find much better.

Using speakers like these is like gaming at 640x480... it's ok until you know better, once you do you never go back.

The Z323's are only ?34.65 on Amazon. Not really a big decision, is it?

Have you got a budget in mind?

Edit: Read the rest of the thread. Sorry for being a dick :/

• 4 months later...

I know this thread is few months old now, but I just wanted to add my experience in case anyone is a bit mislead by one or two of the comments above.

I own both the Z313 and the Z323 and I want to say that (at least in my opinion) the Z323 is vastly better.

While the subwoofers are a similar size, the Z313 has very small left and right speakers - almost half the size of the Z323 and the sound quality reflects this (Logitech's marketing photos are deliberately deceptive and make the Z313's speakers look much bigger than they are, they're actually just 5" high, while the Z323's are nearly 9"). The Z323's subwoofer also has a volume control that the Z313's lacks, so you can adjust the bass volume to your personal preference. The Z323 is better in numerous other ways as well: energy-saving mode when not in use, additional rear cones for a more spacious sound and more connections, to name a few.

The biggest thing is the difference in sound quality though. Both the Z313 and Z323 are very much at the budget end, so neither system will blow your socks off, but the Z323 is definitely, noticeably, significantly better, for a very similar price. I'm sure the Z523 is better still, but for me the Z323 is fine for my needs, whereas the Z313 was a disappointment and is likely to end up on eBay.

PS. I read the PC Advisor review and I could't see where they said the Z313 is better than the Z323 and if they did then in my opinion they are just wrong!

From memory, one difference is that the Z313 doesn't have an adjustable bass knob, which made it a no-no for me.

I bought some Philips SPA4355 2.1 speakers from Argos (because I couldn't be bothered to wait for Internet delivery) for ?39.99. They seem fine to me.

There is no grill over the speakers (the white part in the photo) though, so make sure you don't hit them with anything!