Rayman Legends is fantastic

A few days ago I purchased Rayman Legends on Steam, after playing the demo (which I highly, highly recommend), and man, this is a fantastic game!

Everything looks really, really, REALLY good (I mean really!). (screenshot at full res) It's all buttery smooth at a perfect 60 FPS too, and it's just an insane amount of fun to play. Even though the PC controls do take some getting used to, it's entertaining, funny, addictive, challenging, has a wonderful soundtrack and is just an all-round great experience. I'm pretty sure it'll play even better with a controller.

It's full of pretty nice puns (level names like Snakes on a Cake), there's a lot of ridiculous stuff happening, and at the end of each 'world' you get one of the most awesome pieces of gameplay ever: a music level (where you play the game on the rhythm of a ridiculous version of a popular song). It's just a great game.

And there are loads of levels, too. And if you have multiple controllers (or don't mind sharing keyboards on PC) there's a hilarious co-op mode.

All in all this is probably the best game I've played in the recent years (if not ever). When it comes to platformers this is probably the single best game there is. I really can't urge you enough to try the demo if you haven't already. Both the demo and the full game are available on pretty much any recent platform (WiiU, X360, PS3 and Uplay/Steam for PC).

Anyone else has any opinions about the game or after playing the demo? I'm curious to hear your thoughts ^^

• Like 1

I remember playing it and the only thing that stuck out to me was how "automatic" the game felt. If you're not brain dead, the game is ridiculously easy.

You obviously didn't get far in the game then... couldn't agree more with Ambroos, amazing game - loving every second of it on the 360 :)

I'll pick it up when it goes on sale but I really enjoyed Rayman Origins, especially playing co-op. I've also got Rayman Jungle Run on my mobile and it's one of the best Android games out there, though it's insanely difficult to get all the Lums.

I'll pick it up when it goes on sale but I really enjoyed Rayman Origins, especially playing co-op. I've also got Rayman Jungle Run on my mobile and it's one of the best Android games out there, though it's insanely difficult to get all the Lums.

That is slightly easier in Legends since there are more lums in each level than you need (so you can miss some). Besides that it's still quite hard at times. The demo levels are all pretty easy.

Nice thing is that Legends also includes a lot of the Origins levels, so if you didn't purchase Origins you get even more new content.

Rayman Origins was a great deal of fun, this builds on that. Legends has an amazing amount of variation in the 120+ levels (I've seen about 70 of them), the graphics are super clear, gameplay is phenomenal and the "tickets" & galleries add quite a lot to the game. I really enjoy this. I suggest Redboxing this title at least.

I'm just collecting up the remaining teensies,

Amazing game. Once again they prove classic platformers are still relevant.

If you think it is too easy. True the main path is easier than Origins but unlocking the final world and getting all the teensies is a massive task.

Especially on the invaded stages and those twisted ones where you have a shadow following you.

• Like 1

I remember playing it and the only thing that stuck out to me was how "automatic" the game felt. If you're not brain dead, the game is ridiculously easy.

Obviously DID NOT play it. Tried the extreme challenges? No? Go inflate your post count elsewhere troll.

As far as the game is concerned, am loving it. Art directions stunning and the levels are genuinely imaginative and fun to play. Been hitting up most levels to about 90% in terms of teenies and other collectables. Tho can see me trying for the 100% on the standard levels.

Tho some of the "invaded" levels are getting a bit hard, especially in 20,000 lumis under the sea.

Couldnt agree more with the above positive and non-faked posts. Likewise, nice to see people cant just give an opinion, but have to insult aswell.

Still excellent game,

Bring on the DLC levels if they exist!!

• Like 1

Obviously DID NOT play it. Tried the extreme challenges? No? Go inflate your post count elsewhere troll.

As far as the game is concerned, am loving it. Art directions stunning and the levels are genuinely imaginative and fun to play. Been hitting up most levels to about 90% in terms of teenies and other collectables. Tho can see me trying for the 100% on the standard levels.

Tho some of the "invaded" levels are getting a bit hard, especially in 20,000 lumis under the sea.

Couldnt agree more with the above positive and non-faked posts. Likewise, nice to see people cant just give an opinion, but have to insult aswell.

Still excellent game,

Bring on the DLC levels if they exist!!

Someone doesn't like a game call him a troll...good job?  :/

I liked Origins and will get Legends soon.

Not the best ever, but really really good.

I am enjoying it with the controller.   Completing it in the beginning is obviously easy but if you want to get far you have to not only finish the levels but finish them well, and it soon can get pretty challenging.

Overall - a very good game, and everyone who says otherwise, is either annoyed with music and art, or just did not give it a fair go. Personally I think the art is top notch and music varies (but mostly fitting, with some real gems)

It is an absolute blast to play.  Bought it two days ago for the Wii U and it is incredible.  It looks great and the use of the game pad is top notch.  My GF plays as Murphy and lets me die quite frequently....I think I did something wrong. 

Someone doesn't like a game call him a troll...good job?  :/

That would in response to the implication that anyone who liked the game, i.e 90% of this thread were "brain dead".

No need for me to use the troll card, but there was no need to insult folk for liking the game either.

Still I guess 2 wrongs don`t make a right.

Just irritates me when some folk quite obviously just post things to create friction and/or judge/review a game based on 0-10mins of gameplay/videos.

On a more positive note, Is it worth picking up Origins cheap? Almost finished Legends now except some of the harder 5-6 skull levels. Think Ive got the last 3 girls to save and a few invaded still to do.

Done about half the Origins levels in Legends, but still curious about grabbin a copy.

On a more positive note, Is it worth picking up Origins cheap? Almost finished Legends now except some of the harder 5-6 skull levels. Think Ive got the last 3 girls to save and a few invaded still to do.

Done about half the Origins levels in Legends, but still curious about grabbin a copy.

I would, you can pick it up pretty cheap now plus i found the game to be more challenging.

The platforming is identical so you won't have trouble transferring your skills over.

There isn't as many different things to do in the game, you pretty much follow the map to the end, then go back to collect enough of a certain item to unlock the final part.

Still the art direction is great and platforming is just as great as Legends.

• 1 month later...

It really does look incredible, I really love this art style.. Plus, the platforming is actually challenging. Maybe Nintendo should consider hiring some of the folks who worked on this to put a bit of difficulty back into some of the Mario titles.  :woot:

I thought Rayman Legends was easier.

I think the difficulty is fine. Like Mario. The main path is usually easier but still challenging but then if you want to 100% it. It really does get difficult.

Yup. Did the same day I made that post :D

I have origins on PS Vita and Legends on 360. Not quite sure which style I like playing more.