Has anyone work for Verizon Wireless for Web Designer?

Question

So, I got a call from a recruiter that they were looking for a web designer to work for Verizon Wireless Corp office. I've had design website for over 6 years now. Learn new treads and using the latest tech. I'm not the fastest coder in the world but I get along when coding. Well the job is for 6+ months and pay is 26/hr. If I get the job, I use online sites to get information about stuff if I for get or need to freshen on something. Will it be a problem when working for a company like this? I know a lot of web designer to so because you can't remember everything. I've never work for a company just for web design stuff only. Position Details is below thanks! Nervous that if I get the job, I will mess up and loss it.

Position Details

Client

Telecom

Job Location

Alpharetta, GA

Job Title

Web Developer/Designer

Job Duration

6 Months + [High Possibility of Extension]

Job Responsibilities:

Responsibilities: 
- Develop and maintain creative marketing communications using template driven technologies, HTML, CSS, Adobe, etc. 
- Assist users with identifying requirements for creative content. 
- Design cutting-edge websites and web based applications. 
- Create concept, wireframes, graphical templates, and other graphical elements for various web based projects. 
- Ensure site design integrity and quality control consistency throughout a projects lifecycle. 
- Coordinate with multiple business and IT organizations on specific tasks and projects. 
- Troubleshoot error messages and presentation issues. 
- Write user documentation and guides. 
- Manage time effectively, and work on multiple project timelines simultaneously in a demanding deadline driven environment 
- Perform other duties that may include new product testing, quality assurance, documentation, and the design or modification of customer training programs. 
Qualifications: 
- Strong to Expert knowledge of HTML, Adobe, and CSS 
- Experience with tools such as DreamWeaver 
- Strong experience with IT systems, Web Content Management, etc. 
- Excellent data knowledge in relation to Customer Based Marketing 
- Requires considerable knowledge of computer operations, telecommunications equipment, software applications that are used within a Wireless Telecommunications environment 
- Requires a bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area 
- Ability to work to meet very tight deadlines 
- Comfortable in a dynamic environment with changing priorities

6 answers to this question

Seems like a pretty vague job posting, as most recruiter type postings are. Personally I would avoid going through recruiters, but larger companies always hire through them. A lot of times they like to skew job descriptions and use keywords as much as possible; their job is to fill a position and they want to do it as quick as possible.

As far as having to freshen up on some things, I doubt that will be an issue as long as your efficient. If they expect you to know everything off the top of your head you'll probably end up hating it anyways.

So long as you get the work done for deadlines they'll have no problems.

They will expect that you can come in and get straight on with working though.

Do you have any actual experience in this field? cause it sounds like they want someone who has already done this before

- Requires a bachelor's degree and 4 years of experience in the field or in a related area

This usually means you have to have done this before on a professional level. Not as a hobby.

Go for the job and if they offer you it and you're not 100% you don't have to take it.

One of my problem with this job is the recruiter is asking W2, email of my jobs I have for proof that work for those companies. I never had that experience for a job before. Every company job even when I apply to ATT was reference of name, title and number. I thought giving out those other information was illegal.

Nervous that if I get the job, I will mess up and loss it.

Don't be afraid. You have take the jump to unfamiliar grounds to move up in this world.. It is always scary, you can do it! 

Don't be afraid. You have take the jump to unfamiliar grounds to move up in this world.. It is always scary, you can do it! 

That's right.... Focus. Study the codes and keep your ready-made codes in your booklet for future uses for faster job done. :)