Michigan wins!

Michigan stomps over Ohio State in the 100th game in their rivalry, Congrats to Michigan for getting USC to the National title like they deserve :D

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/recap?gameId=233260130

Added link for the game, didn't have one at first posting.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RECAP | BOX SCORE

ANN ARBOR, Michigan (Ticker) -- Hold all those complaints about Ohio State playing for a second straight national title. Michigan made it a moot point.

Chris Perry ran for 154 yards and two touchdowns and John Navarre threw a pair of touchdown passes to Braylon Edwards as fifth-ranked Michigan clinched the Big Ten Conference title with a 35-21 victory over the fourth-ranked Buckeyes in the 100th meeting between the storied rivals.

The Buckeyes (10-2, 6-2) rose to second in the latest Bowl Championship Series standings thus week, leaving the Buckeyes as a front-runner to land a Sugar Bowl berth and starting the latest round of criticism about the BCS system. But Saturday's loss dropped Ohio State out of the picture and the biggest beneficiary figures to be second-ranked Southern California, which was second in the BCS before being passed.

The Wolverines (10-2, 7-1) jumped to a 21-0 lead in the second quarter and held off a late Buckeye rally to clinch at least their first trip to the Rose Bowl since 1997.

The game attracted 112,118, the largest crowd in college football history, and Perry made the most of the spotlight as he shredded a defense ranked first in the nation against the run. He scored on a 30-yard touchdown run on the opening possession of the first half to make it 28-7. After the Buckeyes cut the lead to 28-21 early in the fourth quarter, Perry went around the left side for a 15-yard score that gave the Wolverines some valuable breathing room.

The Wolverines overcame a huge game from Santonio Holmes, who caught TD passes of eight and 13 yards from Craig Krenzel, and had a 40-yard reception to set up a two-yard TD run by Lydell Ross. Holmes had eight catches for 121 yards.

Ohio State lost to Michigan for the first time in three meetings under coach Jim Tressel.

Navarre won for the first time in three starts against the Buckeyes, completing 21-of-32 passes for 278 yards, including TD passes of 64 and 23 yards to Edwards in the second quarter. Another long TD pass to Edwards in the third quarter was called back by a penalty.

Edited by myie2_user

Michigan is awesome! Go BLUE!!

Hehe...Ohio State got what they've luckily avoided the last few weeks. Ohio State should be around 5-4 had lady luck not been on their side....but that is why they play the games.

Thank the lord that OSU got beat. They have never deserved to be ranked higher than 20 in my opinion. Way to go Michigan!

whatever.... they had one loss and a harder schedule than usc. i think the bucks did well this year with all the bs about clarett.

now that osu isnt going to the title game, oak is gonna run away with it.

FXCK MICHIGAN as they say in CBus. was a good game. that crap with edwards and gamble was crap where he was tripping gamble and crap.

the best rivalry in all of sports never disappoints.

OSU's big D, just wasn't there, michigan will lose next year tho... you'll seee... -now in creepy tone- you'll all seee

happened last year in one of the best damn football games i had seen in a long time. i think the whole entire city of columbus started to party at the same exact second... oh man it was awesome.

Toxikk you live in columbus? I do =) yeh last year parties were everywhere, car tipping etc.. LOL

nah i live about 6 hours southeast of cbus, my boy graduated from osu last year so i was up there to see the michigan game and the wash state game.... basically the two times college gameday was there. fun times.

Yay...yay... Michigan Go Blue! Hail Victor!

Now lets talk about school spirit. I have none and yet I am part of University of Michigan. I don't think it will make you feel any better when you are paying $33,000 for tuition, not including textbook ($300 at least per term) and money to rent a place to stay ($600+ per month). Did someone mention food money? (no I guess not. I guess I am god.. no need to eat) Another 6% increase in tuition (about to happen next term), I need to shoot that stupid Michigan governor biatch dead. Just kidding, but it is nice to think about.

Sure UM wins.. not that matters to me. No money to buy season tickets anyway.. money thirsty U of M.

happened last year in one of the best damn football games i had seen in a long time. i think the whole entire city of columbus started to party at the same exact second... oh man it was awesome.

haha, yea...

Sucks OSU lost...siiigh

the sooners aren't ****. michigan could beat the sooners. i dunno about USC, they suck IMO. who have they played? the only ranked team USC played is wazzu, and they aren't that great either. LSU could give the sooners trouble too. you think after what the buckeyes did to miami last year, people would stop being so blind about good offenses, and start looking at the good defenses. LSU has a great D.

oh yeah, i haven't posted about how ****ing excited i am.  go blue!!!!!!!!!!!  **** osu!!!!!  wasn't even a close game...i smell roses!

I was startin to wonder if you even saw this thread, Bro.... :)

You're right...I think Michigan could play the Sooners well. Big-10 Football rules.

lol

i woulda posted sooner, but i messed my knee up and had to go to the hospital...kinda put a downer on a very good weekend :)

now if we can just get oregon state to beat usc...