Windows Phone + Facebook chat messages while on desktop

Hey guys

I have Facebook chat set up on my phone through the message hub. Now the chat function works great, I receive my messages/chats via text. However is there a way to silence the messages while I am on my desktop automatically? If I am using facebook chat on my laptop I still end up getting my messages sent to my phone as a text.  

I think Neobond complained about that himself too. Android just "fixed" synced notifications on Google Apps (if you read the message on your PC it's marked read on your tablet/phone too). So guess they gotta work on that still.

They need to fix these little things but I figure if GDR3 doesn't tweak some then we'll have to see if it's covered in 8.1.

I think Neobond complained about that himself too. Android just "fixed" synced notifications on Google Apps (if you read the message on your PC it's marked read on your tablet/phone too). So guess they gotta work on that still.

If I read a mail on my desktop it's marked read on my Windows Phone, but not the other way around :P

If I read a mail on my desktop it's marked read on my Windows Phone, but not the other way around :p

It's a bug to do with push email and will get fixed when you get a new email >.>

Really annoying.

Yeah it would be nice to have a fix for this soon, how to iOS and Android handle this problem? 

Theres been a lot of coverage of this issue online and in our news. Google stopped supporting the (Microsoft) ActiveSync protocol, and Microsoft have yet to roll out the successor to it (CardDAV I think it's called) which is supported on GDR2 (WP8). Google have since allowed ActiveSync to continue for an extended time though but it's not nearly as good as Googles own implementation of push and sync across mail, contacts and calendar.

Theres been a lot of coverage of this issue online and in our news. Google stopped supporting the (Microsoft) ActiveSync protocol, and Microsoft have yet to roll out the successor to it (CardDAV I think it's called) which is supported on GDR2 (WP8). Google have since allowed ActiveSync to continue for an extended time though but it's not nearly as good as Googles own implementation of push and sync across mail, contacts and calendar.

I was referring to the Facebook chat issue still, how do iOS and Android handle this when you switch back to a desktop, do notifications/texts stop on the phone

I was referring to the Facebook chat issue still, how do iOS and Android handle this when you switch back to a desktop, do notifications/texts stop on the phone

As far as I know and can tell, Android still has the same problem. I have an Android and a WP8.

Oh OK :(

I don't seem to have that e-mail issue, if I read a email on my phone it's then marked as read or deleted (since I delete them on my phone or vice versa) on my PC.    Maybe it's because I have my email accounts set to update every 15 or 30mins on both my PC and phone?

*edit*

I just tested this, I had a new unread email show up in one of my accounts (outlook.com/Hotmail.com account) in Outlook 2013 on my desktop.  It also showed up on my phone, HTC 8X with GDR2.  I opened it on the phone closed it, hit the sync button so the phone would sync back to the service.  Switched over to Outlook 2013 on my desktop and the email is marked as read now, (no blue number next to the index folder showing 1).