Content Spy In The Forums Tab

Question

Hey, 

Can anyone explain how this is done, or provide a code that works for this, I would be very grateful indeed.

If you don't know what I'm trying to do then it is this;

eed6b1fce6f99e2430fccb2110343244.png

9 answers to this question

Seems to be made by neowin itself, shouldn't be that hard to write a function to get latest forum posts lemme look into it.

Seems to be made by neowin itself, shouldn't be that hard to write a function to get latest forum posts lemme look into it.

That's right... Neowin made own mods/hacks to this forum...

• Like 1

You can use the already existing code from ipboard itself to get latest posts.

As seen here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Just edit the php(if I'm correct ipboard is based on that) to show only the last few result amount you like and paste it in your menu :p

Don't have ipboard myself so can't look into the code but you can contact me on skype and send me the neccessary files form your forum install so I can edit those into a forum content spy :p

You can use the already existing code from ipboard itself to get latest posts.

As seen here: https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?app=core&module=search&do=viewNewContent&search_app=forums

Just edit the php(if I'm correct ipboard is based on that) to show only the last few result amount you like and paste it in your menu :p

Don't have ipboard myself so can't look into the code but you can contact me on skype and send me the neccessary files form your forum install so I can edit those into a forum content spy :p

there is nothing from the install that needs editing really, because when installing the content spy it gives the availability of a template, I've tried using the codes from the template but just gives me errors and such, I'm also working off localhost trying to perfect a theme. this is one of the features I'm wanting to add into it, but doesn't work anyway I do it.

I've also tried to pull the information from the db with recent topics but mehh.