Disappearing AIM icon in systray

Question

does anyone elses Aim icon disappear from their systray when they sign off? i'm used to just the blue halo disappearing and the orange guy staying, but for some reason that doesn't happen anymore. and even though the icon is gone, aim.exe is still running in taskmanager. i'm using XP pro and aim beta 4.8.2646 (it's happened on the past couple versions too). any ideas?

ciao!

joe

6 answers to this question

happens to me too

i think its something they did with this build.

every since i started using build 2646

i dont know about earlier ones.

It hasnt happened in (4.7) But Yeah I've had the same thing in 4.8 beta. (I love when you start up windows and it just sits there) In windows 2000/xp ver 4.7 just sits in the tray when you do start up on windows start and save password.....But this 4.8 beta bluit It starts up in the system tray (and just sits there :D) But when I log off It dissappaars from the taskbar...:dead: Go back to 4.7 and your problems are sloved (I've emailed AOL/Aim to get this fix) Dont get me wrong I like 4.8....but that little glich made me go back to 4.7

hehe, thanks guys, i feel better knowing it's not just me. :D

but yeah, it's really annoying. :right: sometimes i can't even get it the icon to show up again, and then i have to end task and restart it again. amazing how aol is capable of adding more bloat and creating bugs at the same time....nice one! :devious:

ciao!

joe

all you've gotta do is just load it again w/o ending task...it brings the sign on window back on top if you try to load it again while its already loaded ;]

that usually works for me, but there are still times when i do that and nothing happens. i think it gets confused, poor aim... :(

ciao!

joe