PS4 UI 16 min video

Be careful (don`t show kids, have it to loud at work, etc) there`s some fruity language in there :shifty:

The guy is an embarrassment to America. The original video I tried to post had no voice overs or crap music, but its gone private. Also the OS looks to be debug above, hopefully we'll get an official blog video next week as Shuhei Yoshida hinted at.

Well the poor commenter aside, its nice to see a more complete demo of the UI.

I'm hoping to see something more professional from Sony itself soon like we got from MS. 

As Audioboxer pointed out, this is a longer cut of a video we already saw and it does seem to be a beta version, something for testing.  They are clearly having a few hiccups while using it, so maybe Sony was holding off on an official reveal until a closer to final build was ready.

I still want to see how it looks when you first boot up for instance. I have a hard time believing that the screen that is first shown is the home screen, but it could be since it is sort of in keeping with the whole xmb design from the ps3. Overall, my impressions from the first leak stand.  It looks fine, again its clearly an attempt to evolve the xmb from the ps3 and not start from scratch.  I happen to enjoy a ui designed to be used via a tv to have more visual flair/visual cues then what I'm seeing here, but its not a big deal to me in the long run.  The UI seems to preform well which is a big deal to me, and it seems to offer you access to all the features you would need, so that's good enough.

The virtual keyboard seems to be improved a bit, which is nice since I really had no love for the one on the ps3.

That video does not show off any multitasking, so I'm wondering what Sony's plan for that is.  Surely they have some equivalent to what MS is doing with its snap feature, but they didn't demo that.  They also didn't really show off what controls you could access while your in a game without leaving that game.