Thinking of getting a 620, just a couple of questions

Currently on Android but very tempted to switch to Windows Phone and I am currently looking at the Lumia 620 as it is looks like a good phone but is quite cheap sim free which is what I want.

My needs are very basic which I will list as bullet points

• Good music player
  • Gmail push support in the email client
  • Gmail contacts sync 
  • Note taking app (I believe comes with OneNote? If so that is perfect!)
  • Clock app
  • Alarm app 
  • Stopwatch app
  • Timer app
  • Facebook app (not essential)
  • Reddit app (quite important)
  • Hacker News app (not essential but would be great)
  • Bus Checker (a UK/London real time bus checking app, not essential but would be great to have!)
  • Wikipedia app
  • IMDB app
  • Voice recorder app
  • Youtube app

That is basically it really. I don't do much browsing on my phone mostly just check reddit and hacker news on the bus. Use wikipedia to look up things now and then and watch trailers on imdb. Internet Explorer should do all I want from a browser. 

I am a Google user for mail, contacts and calendar and would like to stick with them if possible. My account is old and has been synced before so I know it has the Exchange activesync support which I know was shut down a while back.

I am not really fussed about anything else. I basically use my phone for reading reddit, hacker news, taking notes, checking the weather for the day and texting. 

I think the 620 should do all I need yes? Could any current owners give me there feedback?

many thanks!

WP8 music player plain sucks. There is no scrolling/scrubbing for now playing music. You have to keep pressed next/previous track buttons and if you are lucky, you will have reached the particular spot on the music track you wanted to listen to.

Youtube app is also not official from Google.

You should be fine with rest of the annoyances.

Only had an hour to play with it so far but I am really liking Windows Phone! It is super smooth. Performs well. Web browsing is a good speed. Music sounds great. Overall I can't imagine getting a better phone sim free for ?139. 

620 = super awful battery life. Check out the Huawei W1 (or the 520).

So far battery has been pretty good. I used it for a good few hours yesterday and it is still going from its initial charge with 30% remaining. I could kill my Nexus 4 battery a lot quicker. 

Hello,

What phone did you have before the 620 (your Android phone)?

I had a Galaxy S4 but it was way more phone than I could ever need so I sold it to get a cheap phone and put the rest towards a 3DS XL and Pokemon X :)

For youtube, you can use "Metro tube", much better youtube app than even google can develop

Any advice on a good music player? The built in one has good audio quality but is a bit meh when it comes to controls.

Any advice on a good music player? The built in one has good audio quality but is a bit meh when it comes to controls.

As of now, Listen is one I like very much [uI]. But the forward/backward seeking support is not available on any app since MS never put that in the core of the system.

It's one of the most requested feature, may come in WP 8.1 [hopefully]