Stephen King's IT And "Pet Sematary" To Be Remade

2013-11-04_23-39-17_zpsc3c338ec.png

Earlier this week, Variety revealed that 28 Weeks Later director Juan Carlos Fresnadillo is in talks to helm Paramount's planned remake of Pet Sematary. Lorenzo di Bonaventura is producing, while Matt Greenberg and David Kajganich wrote the script. The novel focuses on a family whose new home is next to a cemetery which has the power to bring the creatures buried in it back from the dead. However, they don't return in exactly the same way they went in! Today, The Hollywood Reporter have revealed that Jane Eyre's Cary Fukunaga is planning to bring It to the big screen. The twist? It will be split into two movies; a smart decision considering the length and scope of the novel it's based on. Focusing on a group of young friends who are terrorised by the demonic Pennywise the Clown, it's easily one of King's most disturbing tales. Fukunaga will write the screenplay alongside Chase Palmer. In a final piece of King related news, Samuel L. Jackson will play 'Tom McCourt' alongside John Cusack's 'Clay Riddell' in Tod "Kip" Williams' adaptation of the novel which turns the human populace into mindless zombies after a mysterious pulse is transmitted through their cell phones.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/JoshWildingNewsAndReviews/news/?a=89547

I knew IT!

IT definitely needs a remake.  The made for TV mini series does not do the story justice.  They could make a terrifying version of IT.

I was just having a conversation about this yesterday.... how funny...

I knew IT!

IT definitely needs a remake.  The made for TV mini series does not do the story justice.  They could make a terrifying version of IT.

Uh, no i'm pretty sure the TV versions is pretty terrifying... enough for me to hate clowns for ever. That clown was amazlingly terrifying i'm not sure how they could do any better.

stephen-king-it-clown.png

Uh, no i'm pretty sure the TV versions is pretty terrifying... enough for me to hate clowns for ever. That clown was amazlingly terrifying i'm not sure how they could do any better.

stephen-king-it-clown.png

Thats because Tim Curry is a friggen badass!  But in all honesty, the whole movie could be redone in a much more terrifying way.  When I bring up IT with my step-kids (ages 9, 11, and 13) they all say it wasn't scary and just cheesy.

Thats because Tim Curry is a friggen badass!  But in all honesty, the whole movie could be redone in a much more terrifying way.  When I bring up IT with my step-kids (ages 9, 11, and 13) they all say it wasn't scary and just cheesy.

I saw that movie when I was quite young, about 7-8 I think, and memories of it still freak me out to this day. My Dad practically encouraged me to watch movies such as Alien, American Werewolf in London, The Thing, IT when I was very young, it amused him at my reactions.

My Dad practically encouraged me to watch movies such as Alien, American Werewolf in London, The Thing, IT when I was very young, it amused him at my reactions.

the modern day equivalent of young man ritual passage to adulthood. :s :rofl: