What do think about this Philips monitor - ?

Hey all

I want to buy this monitor but I can't find (literally) any reviews. Philips 246V5LHAB.

http://www.philips.com.au/c/pc-monitor/v-line-24-inch-61-cm-246v5lhab_75/prd/

Has anyone used Philips monitors and are they any good? The reason I am going with this is because of the built-in speakers.

The specs are quite nice. My current monitor is Samsung SyncMaster 205BW and the font readability is awesome.

The monitor is very old and I want to buy a new one but I want built-in speakers and the Philips one has this.

I would check out other monitors on sites like  Amazon, Newegg, overstock etc where you can read customer reviews about them. It looks like a good monitor but best to look at other monitors before settling on one.

Yes as majortom1981 stated, it's around the $230 mark and even cheaper (at the time of this post) but I am happy with 1080p, my current one is 1680x1050. I don't have any experience with Phillips hardware. I already tried Newegg and Amazon, believe me, they are the main sites I try to look for reviews but I found nothing.

It is selling for about $230 - $250 .  I would see if you can get a monitor with 1920 x 1200 resolution instead

It's too much imo for the specs of the monitor.

I would MUCH rather recommend a IPS monitor (IPS is an LCD technology that reproduces proper colors that dont change when you look from up/down or sides) from a reputable! brand

search the stores for IPS and Speakers are the same time.    quick search at ncix.com gave me this:

canadian site: http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=79444&vpn=MX239H&manufacture=ASUS&promoid=1244

american site: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236310

(sure it is 23", not 24", but)

it looks much!!! better, slim frame, has much better speakers, from the trustworthy brand and actually has reviews online.    i had bad experiences with monitors that were not popular enough to be sold on huge sites like newegg.

good luck finding the monitor you like, but personally i would never buy the one you are asking about

so again, i highly recommend doing a search for "IPS monitor speakers" on major sites, and see what you can come up with!

You can get monitors from newegg with 1920 x1200 with the same screen size for cheaper. They have an Asus monitor 24 inches, 1920 x 1200 resolution and IPS for $239 . Better specs then the Philips one you are looking at.

• Like 1

Has anyone used Philips monitors and are they any good? The reason I am going with this is because of the built-in speakers.

I had a monitor with built-in speakers and I only want to warn you that the sound quality normally sucks, if you plan on watching films and listening to music often it is best to buy the speakers separate. 

The monitor specs already indicate that they are 2x2 wats, this is not much and forget about surround.