Keep getting Windows Live Mail Gmail error - message in outbox wont send?

Basically i was on a website & needed to send a link to it to my wife, so did this. Turns out it didn't send, but it's stuck in the outbox.

I keep getting the error message as you see in the attachment

post-37542-0-58426000-1384248179.jpg

& then when i close Windows Live Mail i get -

post-37542-0-49907800-1384248261.jpg

Now i looked for an outbox folder so i could delete it. Turns out there isn't one. So i look to Sent Mail folder & the email isn't located there either. It's not in drafts as well.

So basically, it's stuck somewhere & i can't find it to delete it so that i no longer get this error message.

How do i get rid of this?

why can't those app/program use more friendly error messages like "Hostname lookup not found?"

It states "The host 'smpt.gmail.com' could not be found. Please verify that you have entered the server name correctly."

Can't get too much clearer than that.

• Like 1

Hmm, why will that have happened then?

I haven't messed with any settings & it was perfectly fine & all of a sudden just stopped working, giving this error message.

Why would it have changed itself??

Hmm, why will that have happened then?

I haven't messed with any settings & it was perfectly fine & all of a sudden just stopped working, giving this error message.

Why would it have changed itself??

From the screenshots it looks like you're using a client to get your emails. That normally requires a setup. If you set it up and it was working before, I can honestly say I have no idea. But if your problem is sorted then we're all good. :)

From the screenshots it looks like you're using a client to get your emails. That normally requires a setup. If you set it up and it was working before, I can honestly say I have no idea. But if your problem is sorted then we're all good. :)

Yeah i'm using Windows Live Mail. The account in question has that 2 step verification on it. As said, it worked fine & then one day just stopped. Spyware or any of that type of thing possible cause?

Either way as you say - all good now. Thanks.

Spyware or any of that type of thing possible cause?

I guess it could be, but it would be an odd one if that's all it did. If it worked before this issue happened, scan the computer. That's easily the first piece of advice.