Watercooling for Xbox One/PS4

I do not really think a water-cooling system is required, it will cause more issues for the companies. Also the price of manufacturing a cooling system for a world consumer trade would be ineffective in regards to manufacturing costs. Game hardware companies can hardly turn over big profits from the hardware units alone anyway. I think if you want a water cooling system then stick to using it in your pc, its more of a luxury than a commercial need.

They'd be mad to do it - neither the PS4 or the XBOne generate enough heat to even require it in the first place and in a box I sit 10 feet away from with surround sound etc I'm not really going to hear a well engineered air cooler.

liquid cooling is so late 1990's. I remember maximumPC magazine doing a write up on a system that came "STOCK" with a watercooling system. we were still in the single-core processors, and people were looking for ways to push every ounce of CPU power they out and yet deal with the tremendous heat issues.

unless you are trying to overclock the console, leave it be.

Hello,

They have closed loop no-fuss,no-maintenance systems for water cooling.  If they have it for the PC, it could be done for the next gen consoles.  The biggest worry for that is the dust accumulation on the rads.

Yes but usually PCs are NEVER moved or touched. Consoles can be moved, they are in cabinants, etc. Imagine if one of those tubes are damaged and/or overheated and melt. It would ruin the entire machine.

And you talk about dust accumulation. No gamer should ever have to "service" his console like a PC.

Hello,

Yes but usually PCs are NEVER moved or touched. Consoles can be moved, they are in cabinants, etc. Imagine if one of those tubes are damaged and/or overheated and melt. It would ruin the entire machine.

And you talk about dust accumulation. No gamer should ever have to "service" his console like a PC.

again, fully enclosed loop systems like the Corsair H series don't need any services they can be moved without problems, you can swig them around like nunchucks and they won't break. so that's not a problem.

but an enclosed system would bump the price by probably 50-100 for no good reason, both for costs of the system and because it's slightly more work to install them.

but moving the box and damaged tubes isn't a problem, price is.

Also, you have to vacuum the intakes on your consoles just like any PC. 

Hello,

Also, you have to vacuum the intakes on your consoles just like any PC.

Source? Ive never read this in a console's manual.

Maybe its because I missed last gen but....

Hello,

I went ahead and downloaded the Xbox 360 manual:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR XBOX 360

Usage and Cleaning

Use in accordance with these instructions:

? Do not use near any heat sources.

? Only use attachments/accessories specified by Microsoft.

? Disconnect the console power supply from electrical power to

prevent the console from being turned on and off or the disc

tray from being ejected during cleaning.

? Clean the outside of the Xbox 360 console only. Make sure that

no objects are inserted into ventilation openings.

? Use a dry cloth?do not use abrasive pads, detergents, scouring

powders, solvents (for example, alcohol, gasoline, paint thinner,

or benzene), or other liquid or aerosol cleaners.

? Do not use compressed air.

? Do not use DVD head cleaner devices.

? Do not attempt to clean connectors.

? Clean the console feet and the surface on which the Xbox 360

console rests with a dry cloth.

? Clean the surface on which the sensor rests with a dry cloth.

? Do not allow the console or sensor to become wet. To reduce

the risk of fire or shock, do not expose the console or sensor to

rain or other types of moisture.

To clean Xbox 360 game discs, DVDs or audio CDs:

? Hold discs by the edges; do not touch the disc surface with

your fingers.

? Clean discs using a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center

outward.

? Do not use solvents; they can damage the disc. Do not use disc

cleaning devices.

It says nothing about vacuming and also says not to use compressed air. Most mom and pops families dont even read the manual :rofl:

I'd say if you need to read in a manual that you need to vacuum/clean intakes on a console when the whole console and especially intakes are covered in house dust... well then you're probably one of those americans that need to be told that you can't dry your baby in the microwave. for me, it's common sense, I don't read manuals, but even I know I need to clean dirty consoles and clogged up air vents.  but it probably is in the manuals, just like it's mentioned in the manual not to put the power brick on fluffy carpets or cover the air vents. 

Hello,

I went ahead and downloaded the Xbox 360 manual:

TAKE CARE OF YOUR XBOX 360

Usage and Cleaning

Use in accordance with these instructions:

? Do not use near any heat sources.

? Only use attachments/accessories specified by Microsoft.

? Disconnect the console power supply from electrical power to

prevent the console from being turned on and off or the disc

tray from being ejected during cleaning.

? Clean the outside of the Xbox 360 console only. Make sure that

no objects are inserted into ventilation openings.

? Use a dry cloth?do not use abrasive pads, detergents, scouring

powders, solvents (for example, alcohol, gasoline, paint thinner,

or benzene), or other liquid or aerosol cleaners.

? Do not use compressed air.

? Do not use DVD head cleaner devices.

? Do not attempt to clean connectors.

? Clean the console feet and the surface on which the Xbox 360

console rests with a dry cloth.

? Clean the surface on which the sensor rests with a dry cloth.

? Do not allow the console or sensor to become wet. To reduce

the risk of fire or shock, do not expose the console or sensor to

rain or other types of moisture.

To clean Xbox 360 game discs, DVDs or audio CDs:

? Hold discs by the edges; do not touch the disc surface with

your fingers.

? Clean discs using a soft cloth, lightly wiping from the center

outward.

? Do not use solvents; they can damage the disc. Do not use disc

cleaning devices.

It says nothing about vacuming and also says not to use compressed air. Most mom and pops families dont even read the manual :rofl:

but it does say to clean the outside. for most vacuuming is a lot better and easier then trying to wipe of the dust that gets stuck in the vents. 

well then you're probably one of those americans that need to be told that you can't dry your baby in the microwave. f

I don't think that comment was necessary.

As far as vacuuming your console intakes/vents goes, unless you live in a really dusty place, have a pet which moults or you have the console on carpet/close to the floor then I don't think it is all that necessary. Light dusting and keeping a house that is generally clean seems to work pretty well.

I had my PS3 for about 3 years before I finally decided to open it and see just how much crap had accumulated inside over the years; there was basically none. I probably ran a greater risk of accidentally damaging the system by opening it than any benefit I would have gained by cleaning it. I didn't even bother wasting my compressed air to clean it.

But in those 3 years you probably cleaned the outside and fan grills. you should never really need to open it for cleaning. that goes for computers to if you buy decent cases anyway, but that's up to the builder. 

Hello,

But in those 3 years you probably cleaned the outside and fan grills. you should never really need to open it for cleaning. that goes for computers to if you buy decent cases anyway, but that's up to the builder.

I cant speak for the modern consoles but I had a Xbox (the original Xbox 1) and I never cleaned it....and I live in a attic! Still boots perfectly to XBMC.

But in those 3 years you probably cleaned the outside and fan grills. 

True. but I never recall using a vacuum. I never use a vacuum on electronics as a principle.

you should never really need to open it for cleaning. 

Couldn't help myself. Once I saw a youtube vid about disassembling one I had to pull mine apart. :p

that goes for computers to if you buy decent cases anyway, but that's up to the builder. 

In my experience, how close a case is to the floor, especially a carpeted floor, dictates how much crap ends up in the case. It's also true with laptops: if it is used primarily on a desk there isn't a lot of crap inside it, if it is used on beds, couches, laps etc. it seems to accumulate more dust and particles.

True. but I never recall using a vacuum. I never use a vacuum on electronics as a principle.

on isn't a problem, just a better way to clean. inside, bad idea, unless it's one designed for electronics that is anti static.