Xbox One Owner Impressions

Shocked there is no WWE app or WWE Network available on launch day for Xbox One.  PS4 has the app, but Xbox One owners, again,left out to dry til this summer. You would think MS and WWE would have made sure an app was available on launch day. Way to drop the ball

as spenser said, the volume detection on Kinect is too low. They designed it for loud people, and forget it if you have your TV hooked up to headphones, as I do. You have to put the headphones on Kinect full blast, and then either shout what you want to say or get really close to the mic. I do the latter if using voice. But rarely do. I am in love with the face recognition. Always wave back at the X1 when she says hi.

as spenser said, the volume detection on Kinect is too low. They designed it for loud people, and forget it if you have your TV hooked up to headphones, as I do. You have to put the headphones on Kinect full blast, and then either shout what you want to say or get really close to the mic. I do the latter if using voice. But rarely do. I am in love with the face recognition. Always wave back at the X1 when she says hi.

Are you saying that voice commands are less reliable when using headphones?

I set up Kinect using my surround speakers up high, but I can still use my headphones.

Are you saying that voice commands are less reliable when using headphones?

I set up Kinect using my surround speakers up high, but I can still use my headphones.

sorry for the very late reply man! Yes, for sure in my case voice commands are way less reliable than at other people's places. They do work but I need to raise my voice, which defeats the reason I use headphones. YMMV as they say, no two machines are ever the same!

just use regular headphones via the TV, so no advice other than that...the dedicated headphones for X1 and PS4 are just too expensive for me.

I only just pulled the trigger and bought men a couple days ago and love it so far. The main issue I have is that I need to speak really loud while watching TV. I also can't just say a channel number, I have to rely on it recognizing the name which it doesn't always. Also Oneguide has a page up/down and jump up/down function but I would like a line up/down button so I can just keep saying "line down" then "select" for the highlighted channel. Lastly, how do I get TV off of the large tile in home screen? If I'm done watching TV, I don't want to keep hearing and seeing it on the dashboard.

Gaming is great so far. Forza 5 is incredible. I also have Titanfall which I'm still on the tutorial because I can't wall walk lol. Tomb Raider looks great too. Assasin's Creed seems good so far although it doesn't seem to use the next gen graphics capability like the thriller for the next one shows.

Overall extremely happy with it. I actually I traded in 2 system and tons of games and got the Titanfall Edition and Forza 5 and they owed ME $2.13, lol. I'm just waiting for a game that us Kinect motion. I got up this morning and before even turning the lights on, in a dark room, I said "xbox on" and it said hello Pat.

Lastly, how do I get TV off of the large tile in home screen? If I'm done watching TV, I don't want to keep hearing and seeing it on the dashboard.

What you want to do is click on the menu button on the controller while the big tile on the dash is highlighted.  You will then have an option to close the app, stopping live tv from being shown. 

I use that function all the time to close an app when I'm done using it. 

I only just pulled the trigger and bought men a couple days ago and love it so far. The main issue I have is that I need to speak really loud while watching TV. I also can't just say a channel number, I have to rely on it recognizing the name which it doesn't always. Also Oneguide has a page up/down and jump up/down function but I would like a line up/down button so I can just keep saying "line down" then "select" for the highlighted channel. Lastly, how do I get TV off of the large tile in home screen? If I'm done watching TV, I don't want to keep hearing and seeing it on the dashboard.

Gaming is great so far. Forza 5 is incredible. I also have Titanfall which I'm still on the tutorial because I can't wall walk lol. Tomb Raider looks great too. Assasin's Creed seems good so far although it doesn't seem to use the next gen graphics capability like the thriller for the next one shows.

Overall extremely happy with it. I actually I traded in 2 system and tons of games and got the Titanfall Edition and Forza 5 and they owed ME $2.13, lol. I'm just waiting for a game that us Kinect motion. I got up this morning and before even turning the lights on, in a dark room, I said "xbox on" and it said hello Pat.

I think you mean "mine" ... unless you normally purchase human beings

and I'll be on my second Xbox One soon, I had to ship mine to the repair place in Burlington, Ontario this morning. mine died. fortunately, I was able to remove the Dead Rising 3 disc that was inside he unit.

What you want to do is click on the menu button on the controller while the big tile on the dash is highlighted. You will then have an option to close the app, stopping live tv from being shown.

I use that function all the time to close an app when I'm done using it.

Nice, thanks that was bugging me.

• 7 months later...

What a disappointing experience I had with the Xbox One. I bought it 2 days ago and the first

Day, it froze, so OK, I thought maybe it needed an update so I updated it and it worked fine then today it froze again, twice so I had enough and returned it and exchanged it for a PS4. I couldn't be happier. The interface on the PS4 is so much faster and cleaner, not a tile mess like the Xbox. The graphics do look better so I guess what I read about it having better graphics is true. From what I understand the PS4 games are all on 1080p as well while Xbox One is not. This is my very first console since I have Always been old school, mouse and keyboard, so I decided to buy a console to learn to use the controllers since game consoles seem to be the future and PC gaming seems to be fading away every year more and more.

What are your personal experiences with the Xbox One? Anyone has had any freezes or issues?

What a disappointing experience I had with the Xbox One. I bought it 2 days ago and the first

Day, it froze, so OK, I thought maybe it needed an update so I updated it and it worked fine then today it froze again, twice so I had enough and returned it and exchanged it for a PS4. I couldn't be happier. The interface on the PS4 is so much faster and cleaner, not a tile mess like the Xbox. The graphics do look better so I guess what I read about it having better graphics is true. From what I understand the PS4 games are all on 1080p as well while Xbox One is not. This is my very first console since I have Always been old school, mouse and keyboard, so I decided to buy a console to learn to use the controllers since game consoles seem to be the future and PC gaming seems to be fading away every year more and more.

What are your personal experiences with the Xbox One? Anyone has had any freezes or issues?

Sounds like you just got a bad console. Mine does not really freeze but can get a little slow at times but I have not noticed that since the last few updates.

I will eventually buy an Xbox One again, as I want to have the benefit of both consoles, but not until Microsoft fixes the glitches and revamps that confusing ugly interface, which in my personal opinion, is not very user friendly.

It will be interesting to see how the game evens up once Direct X 12 comes out

I will eventually buy an Xbox One again, as I want to have the benefit of both consoles, but not until Microsoft fixes the glitches and revamps that confusing ugly interface, which in my personal opinion, is not very user friendly.

It will be interesting to see how the game evens up once Direct X 12 comes out

Now that the above posts were moved, I will point out again that not all ps4 games are 1080p and there are many X1 games that are

As far as the glitches go, I think you got a bad console. A properly working X1 is more glitch than a ps4 and usually issues relate to game specific issues.

The UI is a different bit. Its up to you to check it out and see if you like it later. That's a very subjective issue.

Regardless, you have a ps4 now and your good to go. Its a great system, I've been enjoying it myself.